Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTT
    replied
    Personally, I do not judge on the number of posts from a member. It's the quality of what they post that counts. IMHO, twenty posts is a fairly decent amount of posts provided that the contents are non-spam. When I first joined the board a week or two ago. I managed to contribute so that the limits are lifted and it was not easy to be honest to get 20 helpful posts.

Another concerned fact which might be a little off topic is that the number of thread spam which makes the posts in that thread innocently become spams. Threads in General Discussion like "Do you like taking photo?", "Have you aver been in love?" ... are spam target, IMO. I'd used to post in one or two such threads before I realized how pointless/non-contributory they are.

Leave a comment:

• thedeh
    replied
    Originally posted by JustJenna View Post
    The way I see it - it's my invite, I can post it where I want. If I want to give my SCC or BitMe invites in the low level section to a brand new midget that's my prerogative. It's my invite - no one should tell me who I can and cannot give it to. I personally do not like the idea of organizing invites according to "levels" - all that does is encourage traders.
    That's fair enough and I understand that point of view, but by doing this it would:
    1. Give much more of an organized feel to the forums and a clear guideline for the necessary contributions required for better invites.
    2. It would help our perception in the eyes of trackers as we will be requiring far more stringent levels of say "trustworthiness" rather than handing out their invites like candy and we might see less bans and more recruitment here.
    3. Also, it protects the person who invited you, you could give away a BCG referal in trusted, then he can turn around and give one away in low to some nub who ends up getting you both banned due to them cheating or finding out you were from T-I. This way it would protect whole invite trees.
    4. I don't like the idea of tracker levels as much as you but it would be far better for the forum as a whole IMO. Plus if we were to change the G/a section names to suit the levels of progression such as 33%, 55%, etc, it would lessen the emphasis on trading.

Originally posted by JustJenna View Post
    Also, Dan, you are wrong that most people don't bother trying to make it into trusted. I'd like to know where you collected your data to make that claim. A major reason I ban every single day is spamming - people desperate to increase their post count and make it to the trusted section. Everyone wants to know what's behind that door.
    If you browse through the members list you will see what I am getting at. I am just noticing the amount of people who get to 20+ posts, get what they want, then never come back. At least with these new requirements we would require more of a contribution to the community rather than easy access to great invites for 20 spam posts. One of my pet hates is spam, I hate it and at T-I we have a VERY lax stance on spam compared with most forums I've been on, even tracker forums sometimes. I would be the first to congratulate you on your effort for banning spammers but browsing the ban list I see very few banned for spam... except maybe a couple from the intro section.

Anyways, we have just touched on my last post at the moment but I would love to hear your opinion on the entire suggestion. :001_smile:

Leave a comment:

• JustJenna
    replied
    The way I see it - it's my invite, I can post it where I want. If I want to give my SCC or BitMe invites in the low level section to a brand new midget that's my prerogative. It's my invite - no one should tell me who I can and cannot give it to. I personally do not like the idea of organizing invites according to "levels" - all that does is encourage traders.

Also, Dan, you are wrong that most people don't bother trying to make it into trusted. I'd like to know where you collected your data to make that claim. A major reason I ban every single day is spamming - people desperate to increase their post count and make it to the trusted section. Everyone wants to know what's behind that door.

Leave a comment:

• thedeh
    replied
    Exactly how I see it... I also think it will promote more forum activity due to people trying to earn the requirements for entry into the higher forums & the better invites, which will be great for the site. The higher requirements and the allocation of where invites can be posted go hand in hand though, with SCC and the likes only being able to be posted in trusted most people will want to get in desperately and will go much further to meet the requirements, but as people can post them in mid level, most people don't even bother to get into trusted.

Leave a comment:

• qwerty
    replied
    i think this is a great idea i like the higher requirements for the section ga , because what is the purpose of having two different sections (low and mid) if you can get to the mid level section immediately...

ps: great link of the thread poll you posted, i somehow missed that poll and after i have voted and leaved a comment there i saw that the last post was made half year ago :001_tongue:
    Last edited by qwerty; February 12, 2010, 01:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tru_ninja
    replied
    Dint mean to be off topic the main selling point of it was so VIP could not cover up "being new or inactive" That way those giving invites can quickly see the users that are at 20% but have VIP covering it. The VIP issue was brought up in the beginning and i thought it was part of the topic. again i thought it was on topic :)

but my main reason is cuz im vein and like to achieve lol.

Edit: and thanx for the link to the other topic. i liked it.
    Last edited by Tru_ninja; February 10, 2010, 10:46 AM. Reason: didnt wanna double post lol

Leave a comment:

• thedeh
    replied
    Getting a bit off topic but the suggestion has been made here... http://www.torrent-invites.com/sugge...p-options.html I like it because it would also give vip's a clear indication of when they are able to work in the intro section.

Leave a comment:

• Tru_ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Other than that, I liked the rest of your post.

Thanks,
    -Dan
    Really??? So you like the idea where we see our progress again?
    Cuz i really want that back lol if it is cool that is.

Leave a comment:

• thedeh
    replied
    Originally posted by Tru_ninja View Post
    Dan your right they will move on ... but your missing the point of your goals. This will get them away from our site. We want quality people here and for the most part we have it.
    If people move on because they dont want to pay their dues then let them.
    But as you said, for the most part we do have good members even with the current requirements. If we increase them slightly it will help to filter out the remaining bad users while still allowing many good users access, but if we were to increase the requirements too much we would loose many of the good users that we would otherwise have obtained and which are necessary for the survival of this forum.

Other than that, I liked the rest of your post.

Thanks,
    -Dan

Leave a comment:

• forza
    replied
    I'm with Dan on this. Jschro14 was saying about making it harder to reach the 55% or the trusted giveaways.
    But think, even if they reach 55% and can participate in giveaways for example F*N
    Originally posted by Jschro14
    You're still being too generous, you think someone should be in the running for an FTN invite after 100 posts, 50 rep, and 6 weeks at the site?
    Doesn't mean someone is in the running means he gets it right? It still is determined by the inviter, of course the inviter would be smart enough to view through the applicants and see who deserves it more and be wary of people with shady background..
    The inviter can also set rules for his giveaway i.e. 75% and above only etc.
    Don't be naive.
    Last edited by forza; February 10, 2010, 09:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tru_ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Some would sure, but from the bottom it seems very daunting. Plus with the amount of invite boards out there they could easily move along and grab the same invite they want from somewhere else in half the time.
    Dan your right they will move on ... but your missing the point of your goals. This will get them away from our site. We want quality people here and for the most part we have it.
    If people move on because they dont want to pay their dues then let them.

I work in the intros section and always talk in the irc. I post some but not always. I stopped putting valuable invites in lower sections because i felt i earned them and didnt want to loose them.

I gave several of my invites away to friends here in my town and just wanted them to see the community here because we are a great place.

I got banned from a tracker that i was given an invite to and it wasnt due to me being a cheater, it was because i didnt understand how to seed a hard to seed tracker. I didnt know yet. i was too new to the community to understand. hell i even have a seed box to help me reach power user for the people who invited me. I do this even if i dont like the tracker.

The point is that im a very loyal member of TI and i would stay and work to achieve hard to get ranks for two reasons.

1. Because when i get to my most coveted tracker, i want to know and do what is expected me.

2. because i dug into this community to find the diamonds in the rough (well i also realized i am the roughlol)

I love this community, I make mistakes but you guys slap me and say DONT DO THAT. and i dont. you let me grow here without being total dicks and teach me the right way. The other trackers see this and thats why we have so many of their staff here.

make it tougher for us to achieve these ranks. everytime i went up i was kinda proud. i earned something. i worked and achieved.

As far as vip, i kinda like the yellow and perks but if i didnt have em i would still donate.

Maybe keep the star lol People ask me for help and pm me all the time lol. Like the star LOL

anyway back to the topic.

we are a great community who get to know our people who want to be here. if others think it is too hard then they dont want to be here.

Oh the vip thing... could you make it to where we can still see our progress? PLEASE???? I like seeing mine change each time, and it might even solve your vip problem. the "anyone can be vip for a buck" vip and 75% to enter i dunno lol i say 75% cuz im 75 right now i think.... if only i could see it.

To conclude. You guys are are working for the betterment of our home here and i thank you all for doing your best to make it better. what ever you guys decide i will support it .

LOVE T-I
    Tru_Ninja

Leave a comment:

• thedeh
    replied
    Some would sure, but from the bottom it seems very daunting. Plus with the amount of invite boards out there they could easily move along and grab the same invite they want from somewhere else in half the time.

I really hate the spam threads too, I think spam should be dealt with far more severely which I have alluded to in many of posts in the past, the admins here seem to have a very lax stance on spam compared with most other forums, however, that's the way they like it and they have their reasons... but that's a whole different subject.

Leave a comment:

• nehpets
    Guest replied
    I disagree with your last post Dan,
    if you really really wanted to be part of a certain tracker, I think you would do the effort to get the recuirements. Right now, if you do a 'new post' every 10 minutes, you see a flow of 20 threats responded by a new user. As someone in JSchro14's post already mentioned; most of them are the 'what do you think of..' or 'Why sould you use...' kind os posts. And i'm getting tired seeing them around every time you refresh.
    By raising the recuirements, not only would you raise the amount of 'true-to-the-cause-members', the name TI has, would also change for many PT's.
    This is just my opinion..

Leave a comment:

• Jschro14
    replied
    I understand both sides of the argument, but just to clarify;

Are you saying I'm being biased because I already have high reputation? If it were set to 100 iGiver required for Trusted section, I'd stick around and slowly get those 100 iGiver, because the community is more important than any tracker.

It just surprises me that people would give up on something they want that easily. Though as you no doubt can guess, this is the only forum I've been to dealing with tracker invites, I haven't shopped around enough to know as much as you do about which ones are difficult and which aren't.

Leave a comment:

• thedeh
    replied
    Fair enough but I disagree. As Jenna said, I think people will give up on trying to gain entrance to something that is too hard to achieve. I did exactly that at ***, the requirements for promotion over there are epic. Plus with the amount of invite boards out there nowadays if someone has already been good enough to gain entry we don't want to them to leave again once they find out it's too hard to get decent invites from here.

It's easy to say lets set extremely hard limits when we already have the requirements to access them and the invites we need, but if we say added 50 igivers to the equation for trusted and 20 for mid level it would instantly put you back to low level, many others would be feeling the same way with the achievements they have already attained.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X