No announcement yet.

Change g/a forum names and sync to %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well vip's have access no matter what so your post count doesn't matter you would have access anyway. I think it's fair to give access to the supporters of this site. Also, I do think that VIP's are less of a problem, we have had a few VIP's get banned but they are the minority in comparison. People who give $30 are usually less inclined to want to get banned so they seem to follow the rules more. So yes, I think there is less incidents with VIP's.
    Originally posted by FranticD
    Finally I do agree that users should be able to give away invites to whomever they want. If they want to give away invites to the new users, then so be it. It's their tracker account on the line.
    Yes but its also the account of their inviter and the entire invite tree on the line not just their own. It also looks bad in the eyes of the tracker that people hand out their invites to "newbs" so freely and that makes them more inclined to hunt and ban other T-I members, just for being a member of this site. Something we see all the time with sites like What.cd, x264 and Passthepopcorn.
    Last edited by thedeh; December 6, 2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Nice one I agree 100% with your recommendations Dan. It takes time for a cheater to slip up and get caught and this would increase the chance of catching them before they got good invites as well as ensuring the safety of members giveaways. People need to remember its not just your acc but you entire invite tree that can be put at risk by just one cheater.
      Known by few but respected by all, he has no enemies as none dare to cross him.
      He is the only living being to strike fear into the one that possesses the all mighty roundhouse kick. He is,
      The Exalted.

sigpic

Comment

I would also like to see trackers be ranked into 55%, 33%, 10%.

eg.
        SCC, FTN, BCG, etc, in 55%.
        TL, ScL, SciHD, etc, in 33%
        PTP, IPT, PTM, etc, in 10%.

(We could have a committee or some kind of vote to get these lists started (Thanks AfterMidnight) and we could have a sticky to suggest tracker position changes.)
        I think that's an excellent idea. It's high time TI had a tracker ranking system based on the invites given out, requested and applied for on this forum only (well at least primarily focused on GAs done here, and general availability/invite system of the tracker).

This is not only so that a tracker's position/status of availability is clearly determined and setting a level of trust for it but also so that TI can set its own bar for giving away invites.

Comment

I like this idea. I have always supported some kind of change in user levels and G/A. The system needs to be adjusted.
          A highly trained assassin, his strength is undeniable, his power is unfathomable. He breathes courage and determination, instills the fear of God in his enemies. Do not question his immortality, he is the Exalted.

Comment

Updated slightly.

Comment

ok just as a person who has been here almost a year, who doesnt post often but lurks alot (i wont spam)

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              How about changing the names of the giveaway section forums and syncing them to the userclasses, such as:

Low level => 10% Giveaways.
              Mid level => 33% Giveaways.
              Trusted => 55% Giveaways.

That way it gets rid of the trader type analogy of having different "levels" of trackers and also deals with the issue of changing mid level to have more suited requirements for entry and ties everything up in a simple way.

Also, I'm not sure but we could make it that people who are already 33% or 55%, etc are not demoted, only have this apply for new users. (similar to trackers when they up the requirements for promotion) what do you guys think?
              i like it, i think it's reasonable
              sounds like a great idea to me

I'd also like to see higher requirements for the 10%, 33% and 55% levels.

10% = 20 posts, that would ensure forum activity plus make sure of a grace people for brand new people to make sure they are actually able to contribute to the site as good members rather than having them break rules and get banned after already receiving invites.
              i like the idea, but i think it will encourage spam in all the other sections

33% = 50 posts, 20 rep, 2 weeks at the site. I think this is more in line with the current quality of invites we have to offer in the mid level section, if people want the invites then they have to contribute to the site. This would force a higher standard of posts from all the newbies and keep them coming back trying to earn there way up.

55% = 100 posts, 50 rep, 6 weeks at the site. This would almost guarantee we caught bad users before the made it to 55% and banned them. Plus, achieving the requirements once isn't a big deal, but for the users who are banned all the time, that means they only get one chance every 6 weeks/50 reps. Almost ensuring trustful users and users who definitely do not want to get banned as they know how hard their status is to get back.

There is a plethora of torrent invite sites available these days, what kept me coming back to T-I in the beginning before I knew the community here was the fact that I had not yet attained access to the higher sections, I think these new requirements would ensure more activity due to that same principle.
              will suck for me but that's alright
              i do agree with it and hope i wont get demoted

I would also like to see trackers be ranked into 55%, 33%, 10%.

eg.
              SCC, FTN, BCG, etc, in 55%.
              TL, ScL, SciHD, etc, in 33%
              PTP, IPT, PTM, etc, in 10%.

(We could have a committee or some kind of vote to get these lists started (Thanks AfterMidnight) and we could have a sticky to suggest tracker position changes.)

This would ensure that people who are requesting trusted invites are actually trusted and stop people from just placing them in lower sections for the extra rep/thanks.
              i really agree with this, i think our requirements for giving away invites has fallen (as you said, people looking for easy rep/thanks)
              i think harsher standards are the way to go

These suggestions fix things in the eyes of trackers as we are no longer using trader terminology and also addresses the issue of giving away good invites too easily, back when the board first implemented giveaway requirements very few good trackers were given out there, now there is SCC, GFT, BCG and even FTN given away here and it is time for an update to the system.

The purpose is to give a set of requirements that must be earned before you may even apply for tracker that requires a great deal of trust. This way it will limit the risk of bad members/traders/cheaters getting into the good sites and put less risk on invite trees and also look better in the eyes of tracker admins as T-I will no longer be the place where "easy invites" are handed out and bad users thrive. Right now a user can be banned, start a new account, get repped, spam to 20 posts, apply for GFT and get it, all in the matter of a couple of days. This would severely limit that possibility.

By having this system it would require much more and better forum activity from the users here and would help this site to thrive. Cheaters would require months per ban before receiving excellent invites again and T-I would become less of a cheaters paradise and more a place where trackers want to recruit people.
              i feel like there can be serious trust issues and it is important that when T-I is able to say that the person can be trusted, that the person must have proven they are worthy to be trusted

Comment

Originally posted by skankinpickle View Post
                i like the idea, but i think it will encourage spam in all the other sections
                True, however, mid level is a 20 posts section so we will get no more spam than we do now.

Comment

I like your post but I disagree with the %'s..

You're still being too generous, you think someone should be in the running for an FTN invite after 100 posts, 50 rep, and 6 weeks at the site?

I'd double every post (or delete post count requirements completely as they only encourage spam) and reputation requirement (maybe triple) you have listed there and then I'd consider it fitting
                  sigpic
                  Need help? PM me and I'll find you the answer.

Comment

Fair enough but I disagree. As Jenna said, I think people will give up on trying to gain entrance to something that is too hard to achieve. I did exactly that at ***, the requirements for promotion over there are epic. Plus with the amount of invite boards out there nowadays if someone has already been good enough to gain entry we don't want to them to leave again once they find out it's too hard to get decent invites from here.

It's easy to say lets set extremely hard limits when we already have the requirements to access them and the invites we need, but if we say added 50 igivers to the equation for trusted and 20 for mid level it would instantly put you back to low level, many others would be feeling the same way with the achievements they have already attained.

Comment

I understand both sides of the argument, but just to clarify;

Are you saying I'm being biased because I already have high reputation? If it were set to 100 iGiver required for Trusted section, I'd stick around and slowly get those 100 iGiver, because the community is more important than any tracker.

It just surprises me that people would give up on something they want that easily. Though as you no doubt can guess, this is the only forum I've been to dealing with tracker invites, I haven't shopped around enough to know as much as you do about which ones are difficult and which aren't.
                      sigpic
                      Need help? PM me and I'll find you the answer.

Comment

I disagree with your last post Dan,
                        if you really really wanted to be part of a certain tracker, I think you would do the effort to get the recuirements. Right now, if you do a 'new post' every 10 minutes, you see a flow of 20 threats responded by a new user. As someone in JSchro14's post already mentioned; most of them are the 'what do you think of..' or 'Why sould you use...' kind os posts. And i'm getting tired seeing them around every time you refresh.
                        By raising the recuirements, not only would you raise the amount of 'true-to-the-cause-members', the name TI has, would also change for many PT's.
                        This is just my opinion..

Comment

Some would sure, but from the bottom it seems very daunting. Plus with the amount of invite boards out there they could easily move along and grab the same invite they want from somewhere else in half the time.

I really hate the spam threads too, I think spam should be dealt with far more severely which I have alluded to in many of posts in the past, the admins here seem to have a very lax stance on spam compared with most other forums, however, that's the way they like it and they have their reasons... but that's a whole different subject.

Comment

Some would sure, but from the bottom it seems very daunting. Plus with the amount of invite boards out there they could easily move along and grab the same invite they want from somewhere else in half the time.
                            Dan your right they will move on ... but your missing the point of your goals. This will get them away from our site. We want quality people here and for the most part we have it.
                            If people move on because they dont want to pay their dues then let them.

I work in the intros section and always talk in the irc. I post some but not always. I stopped putting valuable invites in lower sections because i felt i earned them and didnt want to loose them.

I gave several of my invites away to friends here in my town and just wanted them to see the community here because we are a great place.

I got banned from a tracker that i was given an invite to and it wasnt due to me being a cheater, it was because i didnt understand how to seed a hard to seed tracker. I didnt know yet. i was too new to the community to understand. hell i even have a seed box to help me reach power user for the people who invited me. I do this even if i dont like the tracker.

The point is that im a very loyal member of TI and i would stay and work to achieve hard to get ranks for two reasons.

1. Because when i get to my most coveted tracker, i want to know and do what is expected me.

2. because i dug into this community to find the diamonds in the rough (well i also realized i am the roughlol)

I love this community, I make mistakes but you guys slap me and say DONT DO THAT. and i dont. you let me grow here without being total dicks and teach me the right way. The other trackers see this and thats why we have so many of their staff here.

make it tougher for us to achieve these ranks. everytime i went up i was kinda proud. i earned something. i worked and achieved.

As far as vip, i kinda like the yellow and perks but if i didnt have em i would still donate.

Maybe keep the star lol People ask me for help and pm me all the time lol. Like the star LOL

anyway back to the topic.

we are a great community who get to know our people who want to be here. if others think it is too hard then they dont want to be here.

Oh the vip thing... could you make it to where we can still see our progress? PLEASE???? I like seeing mine change each time, and it might even solve your vip problem. the "anyone can be vip for a buck" vip and 75% to enter i dunno lol i say 75% cuz im 75 right now i think.... if only i could see it.

To conclude. You guys are are working for the betterment of our home here and i thank you all for doing your best to make it better. what ever you guys decide i will support it .

LOVE T-I
                            Tru_Ninja
                            Everything is relative, including my opinion.

sigpic

Comment

I'm with Dan on this. Jschro14 was saying about making it harder to reach the 55% or the trusted giveaways.
                              But think, even if they reach 55% and can participate in giveaways for example F*N
                              Originally posted by Jschro14
                              You're still being too generous, you think someone should be in the running for an FTN invite after 100 posts, 50 rep, and 6 weeks at the site?
                              Doesn't mean someone is in the running means he gets it right? It still is determined by the inviter, of course the inviter would be smart enough to view through the applicants and see who deserves it more and be wary of people with shady background..
                              The inviter can also set rules for his giveaway i.e. 75% and above only etc.
                              Don't be naive.
                              Last edited by forza; February 10, 2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tru_ninja View Post
                                Dan your right they will move on ... but your missing the point of your goals. This will get them away from our site. We want quality people here and for the most part we have it.
                                If people move on because they dont want to pay their dues then let them.
                                But as you said, for the most part we do have good members even with the current requirements. If we increase them slightly it will help to filter out the remaining bad users while still allowing many good users access, but if we were to increase the requirements too much we would loose many of the good users that we would otherwise have obtained and which are necessary for the survival of this forum.

Other than that, I liked the rest of your post.

Thanks,
                                -Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X