Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reputation Giving Default Value

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reputation Giving Default Value

    Was just thinking why not make user's maximum rep power as the default value for the rep-giving menu? It is currently "1". Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Sagittarius; January 23, 2017, 07:08 AM.

  • #2
    can we trust users with that much power though?

    Comment


    • #3
      Not sure I agree, A) would this really add much & B) Rep. is limited & should be used sparingly, I don't want to give away 11 points by default.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sagittarius View Post
        Was just thinking why not make user's maximum rep power as the default value for the rep-giving menu? It is currently "1". Any thoughts?

        Not saying that we should. Everyone has a max and I am saying that we might as well make that max as the default instead of 1.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
          Not sure I agree, A) would this really add much & B) Rep. is limited & should be used sparingly, I don't want to give away 11 points by default.
          What percent of times do you change the value from 1 to another number?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sagittarius View Post
            What percent of times do you change the value from 1 to another number?
            Maybe about 50% of the time, I usually use 3 levels:
            Low: 1-2
            Med.: 5-6
            High: 11 (my max.)
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              I do not see the need for this as you can manually adjust your rep to give what you wish. Also like with some of us we can give higher rep so it would make no sense to use rep power for mundane posts, reviews, requests bonus etc as in my case I will be giving 50 points each time instead of the allotted points for the aforementioned occurrences
              only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

              Comment


              • #8
                I think is better the way it works today. I agree with TheWickerMan and Shadow.

                Btw Sagittarius,your suggestions are always interesting and your avatar rocks!

                Comment


                • #9
                  We can't see how much we have or who gave us rep right?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bze83 View Post
                    We can't see how much we have or who gave us rep right?
                    Click to Settings up there next to Notifications, Community... scroll a little if you have subscribed threads and you can see "Latest Reputation Received", who sent them to you and their comments.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, REP points are a little bit dangerous to be usable by anyone, but I believe if the abuses are caught and punished, then there is no issue with that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We can't see how much?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X