Informational Wikis For Each Tracker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informational Wikis For Each Tracker?

I know we already have the Tracker Reviews forum, but what do people think about a place where users can go to always find the most up-to-date, community-edited wiki for each tracker? All of them would have the same template and data fields to allow for an apples-to-apples comparison. An actual wiki platform would probably serve itself better for this than a forum post could.

As helpful as the review section is, those are a snapshot in time, can date themselves fairly quickly, and ideally would be more focused on user experiences and opinions versus objective just objective data points.

I believe this has already been approved : Torrenting Wiki

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hearts View Post
      I believe this has already been approved : Torrenting Wiki
      Oh, cool! Thanks!

I see that was 2.5 years ago, though. Does that mean it's still being worked on or thought about if it was approved?

Comment

Originally posted by ChooChooKaChoo View Post
        Oh, cool! Thanks!

I see that was 2.5 years ago, though. Does that mean it's still being worked on or thought about if it was approved?
        TBH, I don't know. Either they forgot about it, or waiting on funds because it does cost money for a monthly subscription for the wiki ($10 per month).

It can also be part of the next major update, which is Proposed Change to the Introduction Process, I really don't know much, all this is just a guess.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hearts View Post
          TBH, I don't know. Either they forgot about it, or waiting on funds because it does cost money for a monthly subscription for the wiki ($10 per month).

It can also be part of the next major update, which is Proposed Change to the Introduction Process, I really don't know much, all this is just a guess.
          Why using vault wiki there are good free alternatives such as DokuWiki or MediaWiki.

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea. Tracker base it's just too big to maintain FAQs for them. They can also change rules and FAQs without notice. Even if we do it, some trackers can just change the rules and wiki will become a different world of rules, not related to the real tracker.

Comment

Hmm I came across this while searching the site.

I'm gonna have to say no to this for the reasons we have in the past. Because, simply put, giving everyone access to important documents is a good way to create more hassle for us. The answer here is not member involvement, but more moderation... something we are constantly striving for.

I also foresee it being used by trackers as a way to sniff IPs and potentially hack T-I. Just not a good idea.
              Thanks for the trouble you went to, though. I've given you a nice rep bonus for all the thought and effort you put into this suggestion. Perhaps in the future we can reconsider it.

However it was back
              in 2011 so I'm not sure if this decision of the staff still prevails.

Comment

Originally posted by GTZero View Post
                I don't think it's a good idea. Tracker base it's just too big to maintain FAQs for them. They can also change rules and FAQs without notice. Even if we do it, some trackers can just change the rules and wiki will become a different world of rules, not related to the real tracker.
                I support

Comment

Originally posted by 3katanainv View Post
                  I support
                  The idea is more like this: Make a TI wiki where there is all tracker reviews. From now, That just change forum threads into a wiki.

The idea is not doing a wiki per tracker or include FAQ and rules of trackers in teh wiki.

Comment

I totally agree with your idea. It will be awesome to see user feedbacks, not just official reviews.

Comment

I totally agree with your idea, too!!

Comment

Yeah, this is already added to the WIKI, however it should be updated more often, I think

Comment

Originally posted by dwguy View Post
                          Yeah, this is already added to the WIKI, however it should be updated more often, I think
                          Where is it in the wiki and how do you know it needs more updating :o? As far as I'm aware it's all here on the forums.

Comment

I totally agree with this idea. It will be awesome to see such a thing on TI forums.

Comment

Great idea. Also, users, who edit wiki, should get rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X