Top Liked/Repped Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Liked/Repped Posts

I think it would be nice to know what „currently“ the (at least ten) most liked/repped posts are. I think a good time frame for „currently“ would be the last seven days. At least one day would be too short imo. These stats could be placed e.g. in the sidebar on the home page. Maybe they could also replace the recently liked posts box..

sigpic
    Sharing together - now and forever

Hottest Threads / Posts - Torrent Invites - Get your free bittorrent tracker invitations!

It's pretty much useless because the top threads are people giving likes to each other, even when the post is pretty much useless information.

However I do find the hottest post useful if we can filter it by a range of dates.

P.S I found a different forum that allows people to filter it by range of dates, but I feel that barely anyone will use it.
    Last edited by Hearts; July 19, 2015, 05:30 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with hearts I do not see how this will help T-I in any manner
      only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Originally posted by Hearts View Post
        P.S I found a different forum that allows people to filter it by range of dates, but I feel that barely anyone will use it.
        What do you mean by different forum ?

Originally posted by Shadowbuild View Post
        I agree with hearts I do not see how this will help T-I in any manner
        If this would not be useful at all, why is there a prominently placed „Recently Liked Posts“ box on the home page? IMO top liked/repped posts would be much more interesting than recently liked posts which include a lot of posts from spam threads...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cfpe View Post
          What do you mean by different forum ?
          I meant a different website.

Originally posted by cfpe View Post
          If this would not be useful at all, why is there a prominently placed „Recently Liked Posts“ box on the home page? IMO top liked/repped posts would be much more interesting than recently liked posts which include a lot of posts from spam threads...
          Torrent Invites - Get your free bittorrent tracker invitations!

on the right side panel, click "TOP", it's still useless under less we can filter it.
          Last edited by Hearts; July 20, 2015, 08:33 AM.

sigpic

Comment

One of those "spam" threads has over 15000 posts and nearly every one of them has been "liked" so although your suggestion may have some merit the reality is its going to be the "spammy" posts that sit at the top the count. So with that in mind I am with SB and Hearts on this, I don't see the need for it.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm also aware of the „spam post problem“ and therefore my suggestion was actually to combine the rep/like of a post for the stats. If these spam posts (hopefully) don't get too much (green thumb) rep this problem could be significantly mitigated or even solved by this. Another solution would be to simply exclude certain threads and/or forums from the stats. Maybe there is even a mod that does exactly that already..

Btw, I'd like to emphasize that my suggestion refers to posts. A „top liked/repped thread“ does indeed make not much sense imo as we can see on the stats page that Hearts mentioned. My suggestion is more like the „Hottest Posts“ box below that. They only need to be „current“ instead of a total stats to be more interesting...

sigpic

Comment

This could be useful if it showed the top threads/posts of the day, week, month. Would be nice to see one thing and see where the activity is and not just whats new.
                "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more." - Nikola Tesla

Comment

You want a stats count for a single post? A single post that could be anywhere on the forum made by anyone in a single thread?

No offence here but this is beginning to sound like an ego stroking exercise ~ "Look at me, I'm on the top spot for my post because I have received a butt load of rep".
                  And lets not forget the repping rings that will most deffo ensue from such an idea (again no offence) ~ "I'll rep you if you rep me in this post - blah blah blah, oh look I'm top dog again"

Sorry but the whole, pick out one post thing gets a 100% no from me, it's just gonna lead to chaos.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually, I think it sounds a lot like Reddit's system of separating the signal from the noise. Being able basically see what going on in TI today would be useful for some, like a readers digest.

Yes, those are problems even for reddit, its called karma whoring but the system still works rather well.

- ECH
                    "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more." - Nikola Tesla

Comment

Which is exactly what we have - Activity Stream - Torrent Invites - Get your free bittorrent tracker invitations! and having a single post selected purely because it has received a lot of rep is not going to happen.

Reddit may well suffer from "karma whoring" but we are not reddit and they do not rely on a rep system that is built into the ranking system that dictates what you can and can not see on this forum. Don't get me wrong here, I am all up for encouraging people to be active and partake in the forums and to make peoples lives a little easier but I am not going to support a system that blows smoke up selected individuals ass just because they got a butt load of rep for a single post, regardless of what that post is.

We can look into having a whats hot and whats not thread listings but the criteria for populating such a list will not be based on rep or likes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X