Offer another lightly coloured theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatCat View Post
    @MPC7448 Well, now that I see it, I feel a bit dumb for going through such lengths XD

Basically, you're asking for the current white theme to be fixed, not really a new white theme, right?
    More or less, yes. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough about that.

I would honestly be fine with it never being fixed, but was just putting it out there.

Comment

I have trouble too with dark websites and my eyes are fine. I am a painter. Staring at a computer screen is basically staring into a lightbulb for hours and the high contrast of white on black exacerbates the retina.

Comment

Originally posted by breughal View Post
        I have trouble too with dark websites and my eyes are fine. I am a painter. Staring at a computer screen is basically staring into a lightbulb for hours and the high contrast of white on black exacerbates the retina.
        It comes down to personal experience and taste. Personnaly, I prefer the dark theme that is better on my eyes (myopia) imo than the light theme.

I feel that it strains my eyes way less than with the light theme.

I do agree that giving a better choice for the two themes would be really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatCat View Post
          One thing I can recommand, if the letters' size is a problem, is increasing the zoom page. Every browser should have a zoom option.
          Recommend, sometimes I use this (for sites with smaller default text).

Comment

In the past, I tried working on a holiday theme, but it took some much effort to make sure everything was properly coded. I may give it a shot again in the near future. If there's no update on this post in about 1 month's time, please PM and reminder me.

sigpic

Comment

I quite like the dark theme, maybe it's a matter or personal taste, but I suppose having more choice is a good idea...
              sigpic

Comment

I was only able to finish the homepage, other parts of the website should take longer since I need to test everything.
                I would say I'm about 20% finish.

Would like to hear your feedback.

sigpic

Comment

To be truth I don't really see the reason of adding a light theme, since the dark one is perfect :)

Comment

I totally agree with your idea.

Comment

Wow, this looks like a pretty cool idea, so you should make it :)

Comment

Yep, I am outside on a laptop much of the time. As much as aI love the dark theme, it does get in the way

Comment

I'd prefer black, cause it helps to feel like hacker.

Comment

Ha! Ever seen this site on mobile? Yikes!

Comment

[MENTION=109018]Hearts[/MENTION] - I like it... A LOT !!!!!

Comment

While the Dark theme is nice, when your screen is very dim, having dark text on light background is so much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X