X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for making Brain Stew a serious, active forum

A little background:

I'm longing for a place to have high-caliber intellectual discussions. The people on this forum are naturally a cut above most forums like the utter tripe found on big sites like politicalforums.com or "debate"forums.com or where pseudointellectuals hang out like philosophyforums.com or Reddit.

That's because:

a.) People have to actually be able to write a proper paragraph in English to make it on here and
    b.) They are interested in computers, technology, and often stuff like programming/code/IT. This requires an above average IQ. I would be interested in seeing the proportion of members that could qualify for Mensa versus the regular population (You have to score in the top 2% -- on a Mensa IQ test to get in).

I imagine that it would be significantly, but not tremendously higher.

The point is that this is one of the more intelligent forums that I have been a member of, and I like those.

The Problem, in my mind

There is a total sparsity of activity in the Brain Stew section. It has no life of its own, since I've been a member of this forum, and is generally reserved for when someone wants a more serious discussion, related to torrenting (the theme of this site, so its to be expected).

I would like to change this. It's not unusual, in 2015, for most active forums to have an active Miscellaneous discussion section.

My Motive, in Formulating (open to refinement) these proposals

I like this community, and want to be more active in it. However, it lacks in the active discussion that makes a forum lively

Note: (and coincidentally... makes people WANT to be a VIP to support it. Why would someone pay money to be a VIP, when they got the 1 or 2 invites they want? Hint hint to Dave if he reads this? I know that I sure wouldnt, and I sure wouldnt have paid to get the VIP. I would just be a 99% member if I hadn't worked for a month in Intro.

Another note to mods regarding motivation. I know that I myself would not have worked in Intro, were it not for wanting to get free VIP, and get access to the VIP forums to see if there was anything interesting there. Note -- there isn't, save for the hot women pictures thread, which I do check regularly, even if not obsessively)

I want to have a viable dicussion forum where people can follow the formal rules of scholarly debate (yes, there are such a thing), as well as have regular discussions where the only guidelines are common courtesy and human decency. This would provide the element that someone like myself, and probably others, need in order to be extremely active in the forum, and would WANT to donate to it.

In fact, if this forum had this element, I would WANT to donate my time to "coding" (I have more of a A+/Network+ and open source admin background (Primarily Wordpress, but could easily migrate to things like Drupal, Apache MYSQL admin, FTP account admin, etc)
    I do this professionally, and for example, am intimately familiar with plugins like this -- Admin Edit: Link removed

Which, can do pretty much anything you can think of, and make this site explode. NOTE TO Admins/Dave -- Give me a separate subdomain at community.torrent-invites.com (with the forum being the sort of "Inner community), and I'll take 100% responsibility for it, to volunteer to develop ad admin it. I promise, that I have big ideas, and it'l do wonders -- more in another Suggestion thread.

or any other subdomain (with its own separate sub-folder, install, and FTP access on the server)

NOTE TO ADMINS AND DAVE: I proposed the Wiki idea before, which I don't know why it got shut down, because Tank Girl (no offense) doesn't understand the community that is behind a wiki, and how the MediaWiki software (which is behind wikipedia) is designed to and has years of refinement in making administrating it easy. I even volunteered on IRC to be the one to do all the heavy lifting in regarding to putting hours in to administrate it -- but TG told me on IRC that she "hates wikis".

Admin Edit: Link removed
    ---------

This firm has 36 out of 37 5 star ratings on the business review sites I've checked, and powers sites like edublogs.com. Five Star plugins that work seamlessly with Wordpress Multisite -- Which by the way, is exactly what T-I needs to be able to simply, ELEGANTLY, and seamlessly integrate any sort of thing it wants.

(Which is used by 3 million teachers and students at leading universities). They have 140+ plugins, which can do almost anything with a Wordpress site.

It is the ONLY source for plugins that I currently use. I already have paid and downloaded all of their plugins and themes, so I would be THE PERFECT -- coder/admin for a subdomain installed on the Apache server that TI is hosted on (I really, really, really, really pray and hope that it is hosted on a Linux/Apache system, and not a Windows Server. For security sake, I hope), with its own FTP access... separate from the VBulliten install.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The point of all the above is that I would be willing to do the above far, far, far more, if this site had the forum discussion environment I long for, and no longer wish to do on a "discissionforum.com" type of environment where any rabble can sign up.

That isn't a community, and I want to discuss with people in this community.

And I'm sure that if there was lively discussion, fueled by the changes how I will proceed to propose, that we would see far fewer memebers with 11 posts over 2 years, that was just to get the invite they wanted -- or members participating just to get 33% or 55% to get access to higher sections. Or contributing what little way they can, just to get to 55%, just so they can post more thoughtful posts (A pretty backwards model, to have section where you can contribute thoughtful, intellectual posts blocked until you have more posts!)

My background to qualify me to do the legwork for being responsible for this change

I have over 10,000 posts on the Religion and Politics (lots of technology/science/philosophy/economics discussion took place there) from 2007 (when the campaign for Ron Paul 2008 started) till 2012 -- as well as 2,700 posts there under a new username.

This was one of the most brutal debate forums on the web. It was also one of the highest quality, despite the self-effacing nature of most members -- leaps and bounds ahead of anything found on say, politicalforums.com, and lightyears ahead of any comments found on say, Fox News, Huffington Post, or CNN stories.

This was a site where content from sites like Mises.org, Cato.org, or Sciencedaily.com or PhysOrg would be discussed regularly and with respect to the first site (Austrian Economics and Scholarship) -- debated and defended almost religously.

It is a site where the work of Christian PhD Philosopher William Lane Craig, and the superiority of Orthodox Christianity over Protestantism and Catholicism is debated by amateur scholars of the field -- and heatedly as you can expect.

It was a forum back in the day where members (especially myself) would insult each other almost as a matter of routine, and make a point of "calling out" other posters they didn't like or had beef with. Some of the most annoying and recurring trolls were a matter of routine.

The mods at T-I could learn a thing or two from the mods of the R/P about "internet-detectiving" dupe accounts, as people would invest serious time and energy to start posting again in the R/P to get into the debate again on their pet peeve topic, including even getting a VPN through at their new work, making a whole new internet persona -- just to sign up and start attacking the same people over and over (while spending 1000 posts to build up to it, just to not be too transparant)

My reputation as a member of a discussion and debate section as intense and heated as this speaks for itself. I refer to the following 2 threads as evidence from that community, where me as a poster is the topic of the OP, and where I am "voted for" by several, other respected posters, in the thread.

-- please note that I was "hypo-manic" at this time

I think that I am at the character limit, or getting close to it, so I will dedicate the next post to my proposal, which starts with me, a member who worked with Shadowbuild way back in the day as regular members (the point being, I have been active on this community a long time, and I think, earned my stripes), and earned my VIP through working in the Intro (I didnt buy it -- and as one mod from a private tracker pointed out to me "If T-I is a site where you can pay to be VIP, I would reconsider giving invites there" --- After he said it, I GET, totally get, why trackers hate T-I... consider switching do donation only -- no VIP motivation to donate. I wouldnt pay a dollar for VIP, but I'd donate a $1-5 per month, GLADLY.)

The first quick bullets, before I take the time to craft my proposal are

- Remove the 55% requirement -- get a dedicated mod to deal with the inevitable spam, insults, trolling, etc
    (I'll gladly volunteer, and I would gladly refer to ZenBowman of the R/P -- mod for a $100 million company, as a reference to my suitability for a subforum just as this)

- Remove the ban on certain kinds of post -- allow discussion on anything, and leave it to the dedicated mod, official or unofficial (I DONT want to be Pink or Red, PLEASE. Too much responsibility. Rather, I will lead by example and by influence, i.e. rather than ban/infraction, I will use the self-reserve developed through 1000s of posts of experience in formal and mostly heated informal debates to help people become better posters.... just like we would do in the good old-school R/P... through thick and thin)

Please note that after my own R/P addiction withdrawl (that most old-school members went through), and even signing up all over again as a new account (Bhavasita87 - the 2,700 post account -- which is known to certain members there), I have had enough of that place and finally called it quits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bringing what I learned there to my internet home (here) the torrenting community, would be something I would be passionate about.

- Integrate the Brain Stew session with a dedicated Blogging platform (Wordpress), to allow posters like myself to have a semi-private section on a semi-closed community like this, of their own (Sorry, but the blog section on VBulliten does NOT do it for me. Not even close. Get a dedicated blog platform -- Wordpress has been the leader for years -- free and Open Source [Ill supply the WPMUdev plugins and themes and admin experience and hours of legwork -- Ill be the unofficial coder -- and I'll set it up so that Dave/Shadowbuild (please, not TankGirl, as I cannot have someone who is anti-Wiki to be the admin of an Open Source software platform -- a Mod, sure -- Admin, no... besides this is mostly a technical responsiblity) are the SuperAdmin (preferably someone who is an official Coder would be the Super Admin of this Wordpress Multisite [it takes about 5 minutes to install -- Wordpress is famed for its simplicity and ease of use... PHP exp is NOT required to be a Super Admin -- just IT competence and the time)

I would gladly serve as it... I'm just saying that If Im not trusted by staff -- which is fine as I have not earned my stripes as a Red member and want to keep my Blue and Gold status on the forum -- I would gladly just want to be the software admin of the Wordpress site.

To be clear, I'm volunteering as
    - the UNOFFICIAL leader/mod/guide to the new and improved Brain Stew 2.0 which I will be proposing a guiding framework for,
    - AND to be the SOFTWARE Admin of the Wordpress Install that I am propsing as a way for this new, budding sub-forum and its members to have a way to say:
    ............ "hey man, I posted a review of the paper we're discussing on this thread at my sub-blog at community.torrent-invites.com/blog/authors/mtguy8787/my-new-post-here ............

Trust me when I say that this will not only be NEEDED, but valuable, for trusted (55% and above and/or VIP) members to be able to have "their own little domain" where they can post in an Adjunct manner to forum thread discussion. The question "What is wrong with just threads" is totally invalid from an IT perspective. VBulliten is NOT designed for most things that I could envision, and things like Thread Catalouges -- asked in another thread. Wordpress is a full blown CMS (Content Management System) in its Post Version 2.9.2 (now at version 4.1) stage, and can easily be hardened (Its reputation for being insecure is only with poor use and open-to-the-general-public usage --- its permission systems are Par Excellence)
    Conclusion: In terms of anything beyond a Bulliten board forum -- wordpress is perfect for, including VIP and trusted members to have their OWN forum, on their own sub-blog

Or anything that you see at -- Admin Edit: Link removed-- Shop and Choose, basically -- Wordpress is extremely simple and elegant to integrate these -- zero new coding needed to do so. Wordpress is as Plug-and-Play as it gets, and I say this as a Professional in the field.

iMAGINE This folks: -----

community.torrent-invites.com (A single Wordpress Install on a subdomain with its own subfolder and FTP access -- a separete MYSQL database.... therefore zero security issues in assigning someone that you would not trust with the code of the forum to have as even an Super Admin (me) of the Wordpress install)

community.torrent-invites.com/blog -- all 10% members can read it, 33% members can comment, and 55% members can post, and 75% members can have their own author page, with 99% members being able to have their own blog at say

community.torrent-invites.com/mtguy8787

or

community.torrent-invites.com/shadowbuild

(these would be, in essence, a wordpress website of its own, where the themes/skins and plugins and settings are controlled by the super admin through this plugin here -- which I have already purchased, along with all of the other plugins and themes made by WPUMdev --- Admin Edit: Link removed

This is already easy to do in wordpress, and there are already widely used plugins for it. As I said, Im a professional at this, with the Wordpress platform.

To make a free wordpress site to see what "having your own 99% member blog" would be like -- sign up for a free blog at wordpress.com
    Basically, having a blog like the free (and premium, if you DONATE (Hint: Dave), to T-I) blog that you sign up for would be what

getting to have a URL like --- community.torrent-invites.com/mtguy8787 (as a long-time 99% member) -- would be like.

Furthermore, you can easily make Wordpress whatever sort of site you want by making a theme (I use -- Admin Edit: Link removed
    -- which is technically a theme creator unlike say Thesis for Wordpress -- but it is installed as a theme, and thus technically TECHNICALLY a theme)

NOTE TO CODERS/ADMIN -- the "/blog" subURL would be a Wordpress -- Admin Edit: Link removed
    -- subsite, and for all intents and , a completely separate wordpress site. I.e. one could be an admin on /blog, but not say /staffblogs or /vipblogs or /privateblogs etc etc

Before I get into typing the proposal -- see for example, my blog at -- Admin Edit: Link removed

NOTE TO MODS: This is not a seperate idea. I know well the 1 idea, 1 thread rule. This subsite and Brain Stew idea are two sides of the same coin -- two nodes of the same triangle (the third node being my participation).

My participation in the Brain Stew tranformation is conditional on me getting what I want. Im more insistant on that point, since I got shut down with the Wiki idea. Dave even PMed me about it, and I was enthusiastic about helping out -- and then................. nothing. Not a peep. Yes, I was annoyed.

It's MY blog, and I would like to have MY blog on this site, not just post to a blog that many members hardly even read. I don't want to post to the community blog that is more on the wayside. I want to have MY own blog. And besides, if there are 15 active members discussion, each posting 1 or 2 new blog posts, and each one of them wanting to categorize their blog posts into one of 5-15 categories, or tag them with their own tagging system....... wouldnt that get just a LITTLE messy trying to do it all through VBulliten -- which is a Bulliten Board, and not even a Content Management System, much less a Blogging platform???????
    @Dave -- wouldnt you like to be able to reward members with their own premium features after they earned a blog by becoming 99% (another MASSIVE perk of contributing all the way up the ladder?)

I mean, you could seriously become rich (6 figures, not 7 figures... lets be realistic here) through this. Hell,

Id pay for the features Im proposing, and Im a poor student ATM! And I wouldnt pay a dime for VIP.

Think about this from a purely businessman standpoint.

Youre offering 1 feature

VIP

to get people to pay to "Support the Site" (the supposed fringe benefit)

which is a basically pointless forum to participate in (which says a lot for the site they are "supporting")

I love this community of people. I love the illegal (which means nothing to me, being an anti-current-US-government Ron Paul supporter/campaigned for in 2008 Minarchist (think Austrian Economics) Libertarian) filesharing community on this site.

I resent the staff for not going through/letting my Wiki idea that I put hours and hours into coming up with, researching, and then having it shut down with the argument "But who would put the hours into moderating it, right STAFF! -- right after I volunteered to put up the time to make MY idea work" Needless to say, I was pretty peeved, even pissed at this place.

But I love the sort of community that this fosters, and I want to see it become a full fledged community. That can take money, and I'm sure @Dave , another hard-working guy making a living just like the rest of us could use some more revenue. Couldnt we all? Nothing wrong with that. Hell, if I was allowed to use this site to promote certain affiliate offers like Admin Edit: Link removed -- or Admin Edit: Link removed
    (i.e. -- get your own site and get me, mtguy8787 to help you)

As it stands, only seedboxes and trackers are allowed to advertise here -- no member services like say with this beautiful Wordpress plugin

Charge $.99 to say $19.99 for an ad or featured ad -- sell things like used electronics, or basically anything used for illegal filesharing (old laptop -- perfectly custom MacGyvered up for anonymity from the NSA, bittorrernt swarm, etc. Custom Hardware, custom BIOS, etc -- only $1299)

Now there's a money making idea!

and/or

Imagine people being able to post on T-I -- complete with the feedback and rating features integrated, services for configuring a big seedbox, etc.

and/or

Admin Edit: Link removed (a 99% member could have their own store section, offering Staff approved items like say "New custom made Desktop Server.... perfect for small-time seedbox from a home connection -- All with all software set up and custom configured by a veteran T-I member -- only $799!!! Buy through my store, using PayPal or GooglePay! --- at community.torrent-invite.com/myusername/store/new-custom-seedbox-server-desktop-server-system)

Think of the incentive that would be to achieve 99% by contributing, which could include donating (I refuse to pay for VIP, even if I wasnt already. I would gladly donate if they would just cut selling VIP out, and have a donate-only system. Use What.cd and their perks system as inspiration)

and/or

Admin Edit: Link removed (paid or free courses by members)

Think of the incentive to reach 55% of 75% to be allowed to post a course -- that teaches how to do the sort of stuff posted in the Tutorials section

at

community.torrent-invites.com/course/mtguy8787/my-course-here

or more generically

community.torrent-invites.com/my-username/my-course-here

or as is easily allowed in WP one of the following schema

community.torrent-invites.com/category/my-username+my-course-here

or

community.torrent-invites.com/tag/category/my-course-here

Another money making plugin for T-I and Dave that would be enabled by my Brain Stew section (basically, I want a community active with members who love the discussion community so much, that they want to earn their stripes, post a lot, and get to 55% and 75%, just so they can get their own sub-wordpress-blog, just to have their own blog for other Brain Stew members and T-I to read.

IMPORTANT POINT: Now, I love wordpress.com

If I want my own blog so much, why don't I just post it all there? Well I would except for one fact. I really don't want to blog about illegal file shaing and my illegal activities on a public site, or my other sites, do I?

What is the perfect site to have my own WP blog to blog about this or any other stuff that you don't want the police to be able to easily read? Right. T-I

~~~

As an incentive to what would be my own goal of basically making this as much of an underground safe-haven for anti-establishement (NSA SOPA/PIPA types of government agent and RIAA/MPAA private investigator types)................ and thus a more attractive forum for the sort of people that I would want to promote this forum to in say, my Computer Science fellow students (Im getting a minor in Computer Engineering -- C.S. used to be my major)

I would definitely offer, if Dave and T-I would front the cash for training materials, to get my following certs:

(I could pass A+ in my sleep, based on experience)

http://certification.comptia.org/get...s/network.aspx
    http://certification.comptia.org/get.../security.aspx
    http://certification.comptia.org/get..._security.aspx

And in exchange:

a.) Willing to bear the burden of being red (Coder), to not only happily do the Wordpress, but be the Chief security staff advisor to basically make this a place where you don't have to worry about the NSA finding you on here (if you follow basic procedure). My plan would be to have a seperate frame for the toolbar that isn't based in Vbulliten, but is based in the security of Drupal (Wordpress is not known for it's security out of the box unless its used properly & hardened)

b.) Volunteer the hours to be the security staff at least until I get my grad degree in 2020 or so

~~~

I will post the structure for Step #1..... changing the Brain Stew section later on.
    Last edited by mtguy8787; March 19, 2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

...can't post in the stew... :(

Advice mtguy - LESS VERBOSITY.

Sum that shit up in 2 paragraphs.

Comment

Originally posted by LinksEz View Post
        ...can't post in the stew... :(

Advice mtguy - LESS VERBOSITY.

Sum that shit up in 2 paragraphs.
        I can do better -- one sentence.

Define Irony -- A person posting in a suggestion about Brain Stew Complaining about depth and detail.

If you're going to be a part of this forum -- a hint about following my long posts. They tend to be logically organized (as a writer as well as programmer) in discrete chunks, usually organized visually with bold sub headings and logical distinctions like the quote format. Each one can be comprehended on its own, separate from others. Like a book of related short stories, each can somewhat be read on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by mtguy8787 View Post
          I can do better -- one sentence.

Define Irony -- A person posting in a suggestion about Brain Stew Complaining about depth and detail.

If you're going to be a part of this forum -- a hint about following my long posts. They tend to be logically organized (as a writer as well as programmer) in discrete chunks, usually organized visually with bold sub headings and logical distinctions like the quote format. Each one can be comprehended on its own, separate from others. Like a book of related short stories, each can somewhat be read on its own.
          Wasn't complaining, that's why it says 'advice'.

Babbling on without adding any real content is a good way to fill pages in a book or posts on a blog it however is also a very good way to make sure as few people as possible read your posts.

Q('.'Q) Just remember, you did this to yourself.

Comment

[MENTION=63095]mtguy8787[/MENTION] I completely agree with you, the only problem I have is I was once an admin at one of the largest web based internet connection testing websites in North America and when Politics and Religious discussion became big it destroyed the harmony of the user base. That is the only major problem I see. +rep because other than that I still agree with you but please be very wary of bringing these two things into a tech forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Flagger View Post
              @mtguy8787 I completely agree with you, the only problem I have is I was once an admin at one of the largest web based internet connection testing websites in North America and when Politics and Religious discussion became big it destroyed the harmony of the user base. That is the only major problem I see. +rep because other than that I still agree with you but please be very wary of bringing these two things into a tech forum.
              Which is why my experience in not only keeping the harmony, but understanding how to "teach member, through trial and error, to work through their issues and become a community and better for it, and also far, far, far more eductated"

Some of the biggest Ron Paul vs. everyone anti Ron Paul/Liberty/Free Markets were found on the Religion and Politics Section on Bodybuilding.com

I have a lot of "travel" experience in such section on probably 30-40 forums. And believe me when I say that if your forum was the gulf war, the R/P was WWII

The current moderator, ZenBowman, now someone I would add on LinkedIn, was someone that I would "duke it out with" and even insult here and there, subtly, and he in return. However, we have the social experience, having gotten through that and become the equivalent of internet casual friends/good aquaintances.

I have what it takes to "let the chips fall where they may", and keep a potential shooting war into a slapping fight, and the occasional fist fight with me (The competent police force) quickly being the peacemaker AND the teacher by example.

I've already been through the whole process, and in 2010, I was probably one of the best "insulters" in every manner, on "Team Liberty/Ron Paul/Austrian Economics/Free Markets"

My reputation

on the R/P speaks for itself.

And years later

To note, I was not banned by an R/P mod -- but by a regular, higher up, regular misc mod who have zero tolerance for any sort of spam, from anyone (much less a spammer from "that" religion and politics forum (eventually banned during a hypomanic phase for continually spamming of youtube videos across the entire Miscellaneous section -- the most active section -- the "regular misc")

Comment

Through and through it all, there was enough conflict resolution (of which I was a significant part, including conflict resolution PMs to the now head Mod of the section -- ZenBowman (who posts in the second thread linked to above) -- to achive this thread (note the title.... which is version 3.0 of the original novel and groundbreaking *Official R/P Chat Thread*

Given my experience here, I am WELL aware of the issues with what flagger posted. I have not only the experience with the conflict, but the conflict resolution.

I need only refer (One PM is all it would take, and Zen, a Liberty minded person who is in neural networking /programming by profession, would be a valuable member here, if ever he did want to join (if he knew I was here, who knows).

I will PM him, and see if he would be interested.

I refer to him as my reference.

Comment

Fair enough bro, I just wanted to throw in my experience in the past. Sometimes oil and water dont mix, you know what I mean, but like I said your op was good man.

Comment

Wow, if somebody read that from start to finish I have to hats off to him/her. In fact hats off to the writer for writing it too.

TL;DR: Hats off to everybody. Also TL;DR.

Comment

Well I can't say I read it all (sorry) people have v. short attention spans these days...
                      What was I saying? Oh yes, you can have Blogs on TI, I have a couple myself, is this not enough?
                      sigpic

Comment

I would like to see the requirement lowered for that forum.

It's something I want to take part in but am restricted.

Comment

Lets get one thing straight before we go any further - T-I is an invites forum and what we do on this site is not illegal.

We had a seperate discussion/debate forum called "The Big Debate" it failed, nobody used it because as you have already pointed out people came here for the invites and the discussions about trackers. There was a however a request such as yours to create an area in which a more serious discussion could be had so the brain stew was made.

The brain stew was open to all members until it was abused and like anything in life if you abuse something enough eventually action gets taken which in this case was the raising of the rank requirement to post in said area. There are no restrictions on what topics can be discussed in the Brain Stew, infact if you check through that section you will find that many of them have not been about torrenting at all but about real world events.

With regards to blogs, since we have established the fact that we do not do anything illegal here then I am not seeing the issue with you starting your own on this site (which in all fairness would probably get more attention than one on a subdomain). There are several members on here that have their own blogs running and not all of them are about torrenting.

Finally:
                          The current staff here are more than capable of monitoring and policing debate threads. They are quite aware of what is acceptable and what isn't and how to deal with those that get out of line (which doesn't include banning or indeed handing out warnings/infractions) so if we were to have a subdomain then it would be staffed by the current staff.
                          As for your wiki, thats an issue to take up with Dave since none of the Admin staff here have any kind of access to the server (including ftp) so we are unable to install new features and since we don't have access I very much doubt that Dave is going to give you the keys to your own kingdom (I say your own kingdom because that is exactly what you are implying with some of your comments).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
                            Lets get one thing straight before we go any further - T-I is an invites forum and what we do on this site is not illegal.

We had a seperate discussion/debate forum called "The Big Debate" it failed, nobody used it because as you have already pointed out people came here for the invites and the discussions about trackers. There was a however a request such as yours to create an area in which a more serious discussion could be had so the brain stew was made.

The brain stew was open to all members until it was abused and like anything in life if you abuse something enough eventually action gets taken which in this case was the raising of the rank requirement to post in said area. There are no restrictions on what topics can be discussed in the Brain Stew, infact if you check through that section you will find that many of them have not been about torrenting at all but about real world events.

With regards to blogs, since we have established the fact that we do not do anything illegal here then I am not seeing the issue with you starting your own on this site (which in all fairness would probably get more attention than one on a subdomain). There are several members on here that have their own blogs running and not all of them are about torrenting.

Finally:
                            The current staff here are more than capable of monitoring and policing debate threads. They are quite aware of what is acceptable and what isn't and how to deal with those that get out of line (which doesn't include banning or indeed handing out warnings/infractions) so if we were to have a subdomain then it would be staffed by the current staff.
                            As for your wiki, thats an issue to take up with Dave since none of the Admin staff here have any kind of access to the server (including ftp) so we are unable to install new features and since we don't have access I very much doubt that Dave is going to give you the keys to your own kingdom (I say your own kingdom because that is exactly what you are implying with some of your comments).
                            Youre basically a douchebag, you realize that, correct? I have absolutely no respect for you as a staff member, and really only have respect for Shadowbuild and Ech3Lon and Just Jenna from back in old days (Yes, a reference to my status of seniority on this forum)

Comment

Youre basically a douchebag, you realize that, correct? I have absolutely no respect for you as a staff member, and really only have respect for Shadowbuild and Ech3Lon and Just Jenna from back in old days (Yes, a reference to my status of seniority on this forum)
                              Seniority? Please... If that's all you have to use to bolster and justify your comments then then you are in for a very large shock ~ check my postbit and we'll see exactly who has seniority here.

As for the douchebag comment, well let's have a closer look at your suggestion shall we.....
                              As an incentive to what would be my own goal of basically making this as much of an underground safe-haven for anti-establishement (NSA SOPA/PIPA types of government agent and RIAA/MPAA private investigator types)................ and thus a more attractive forum for the sort of people that I would want to promote this forum to in say, my Computer Science fellow students (Im getting a minor in Computer Engineering -- C.S. used to be my major)

I would definitely offer, if Dave and T-I would front the cash for training materials, to get my following certs:

(I could pass A+ in my sleep, based on experience)

http://certification.comptia.org/get...s/network.aspx
                              http://certification.comptia.org/get.../security.aspx
                              http://certification.comptia.org/get..._security.aspx

And in exchange:

a.) Willing to bear the burden of being red (Coder), to not only happily do the Wordpress, but be the Chief security staff advisor to basically make this a place where you don't have to worry about the NSA finding you on here (if you follow basic procedure). My plan would be to have a seperate frame for the toolbar that isn't based in Vbulliten, but is based in the security of Drupal (Wordpress is not known for it's security out of the box unless its used properly & hardened)

b.) Volunteer the hours to be the security staff at least until I get my grad degree in 2020 or so
                              That's the epitome of being a douchebag sunshine, asking the members of this site (including staff and owner) to fund YOUR education. This site has more pressing issues to address and none of them include paying for and putting you through some certs.

Suggestion Denied
                              Thread Closed
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X