Have a sticky topic for previous Member Of The Month (MOTM) winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a sticky topic for previous Member Of The Month (MOTM) winners

Hi guys, i was looking at the recent announcement of MOTM and wanted to nominate a member but wasn't sure if he/she was a winner (to find out i would have to scroll through pages of announcements)
    could you guys have a sticky topic listing the winners , it makes it easier so dual vote isn't cast for a previous winner
    sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
    Cafe gblaze ghost6945
    Hyoksang
    pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
    WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
    and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Members can win multiple times it is allowed, so do not worry about nominated a previous winner. You are correct though, there should be a list of previous winners there was one before but this is when MOTM got exalted. +1 on this as far as I am concern
    only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

I wouldn't mind making such list, if there is a need for it and staff or other members don't find the time...

Comment

Not wishing to sound like a party pooper but what would be the need of such a list if you can nominate a previous winner? I suspect that having such a list will influence a members decision on who to nominate since they would see someone on that list and think "well even though they are awesome and they continually support the forum and the members they have won that accolade before so I'll pick someone else" as already demonstrated by xxmusicxx there (no offence intended xxmusicxx, but it is the perfect example).

Originally posted by xxmusicxx View Post
        could you guys have a sticky topic listing the winners , it makes it easier so dual vote isn't cast for a previous winner
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
          Not wishing to sound like a party pooper but what would be the need of such a list if you can nominate a previous winner? I suspect that having such a list will influence a members decision on who to nominate since they would see someone on that list and think "well even though they are awesome and they continually support the forum and the members they have won that accolade before so I'll pick someone else" as already demonstrated by xxmusicxx there (no offence intended xxmusicxx, but it is the perfect example).
          True, but mostly there are several members who are supportive, and with some list you could spread your votes amongst them.
          If you have to choose between 2 members to vote for you could see if one has been MOTM recently, and give the other one a chance.
          Previous winners can still be picked, this would only affect one's choice when you have several members in mind to nominate.

Besides that, you could see it as a "walk of fame" to honour members who were MOTM previously.
          After a month the green name is gone and there's nothing left to remember them by...

Comment

Originally posted by kawa_z750 View Post
            If you have to choose between 2 members to vote for you could see if one has been MOTM recently, and give the other one a chance.
            Which is exactly my casing point, if you are torn between two or more nominee's then your selection should be based on what they have done for the forum and its members, not on whether or not they have won the award previously. It matters not that we allow previous winners to be nominated/win again, people will still be influenced by a list, and they will select another candidate if their original selection has won the award previously, you as well as xxmusicxx have demonstrated that already ~ Sorry but this suggestion has a resounding NO from me.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
              Which is exactly my casing point, if you are torn between two or more nominee's then your selection should be based on what they have done for the forum and its members, not on whether or not they have won the award previously. It matters not that we allow previous winners to be nominated/win again, people will still be influenced by a list, and they will select another candidate if their original selection has won the award previously, you as well as xxmusicxx have demonstrated that already ~ Sorry but this suggestion has a resounding NO from me.
              You never have seen multiple members giving effort, or is there some system to decide which effort is more important?
              And how did I demonstrate anything? Since there is no such list I could hardly be influenced by it.

Nevermind, I'll just go with the flow like others do next time, look at the previous 5 posts and vote for the one who's mentioned most there, that's what people seem to like...

Comment

The way you demonstrated my point was:
                Originally posted by kawa_z750 View Post
                True, but mostly there are several members who are supportive, and with some list you could spread your votes amongst them.
                Previous winners can still be picked, this would only affect one's choice when you have several members in mind to nominate.
                That comment alone would indicate that a list would be a deciding factor for you, that it would influence your decision. Whatever factors you consider when you nominate a member for MOTM is your decision, each person here will consider different things when they put someone forward. I am sure that if everyone put some time and effort into their selection, do some research that they could find someone different each time (unless of course everyone likes sheep voting). There are plenty of members that contribute to this forum on a daily basis all you have to do is open your eyes, do a bit of reading and exercise that grey matter between your ears.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm neither for or against the idea. However, i would have thought it a good idea, not for the reason the OP suggested, but more for those that have done a lot for the forums.

Am i right in saying that there is only ever 1 member with the "MOTM" title/rank? If so, once a user has been MOTM, there is no longer any way of showing that a user has been helpful. By having a page showing previous MOTM, continues to show appreciation for the help they have given.

Comment

There are other ways in which a member can be honoured for their continued contributions to this site, having a list of previous winners WILL influence peoples decisions when it comes to future nominations and that in turn will have a side effect in regards to selections for other ranks ~ Sorry but the suggestion gets a no from me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X