Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A button for "Bump"(bump this thread button )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A button for "Bump"(bump this thread button )

Well I was thinking that this feature would make it easier to bump threads,specially area51 threads.What I'm saying is,instead of typing "Bump Bump" as a reply and bumping a threads,having some sort of button which will add the reply automatically would be nice,specially for those who are having many giveaways.That's my idea :)
    sigpic
    A big thanks for extJSDB for my new class upgrade.
    A high 5 for all my friends .
    Thanks IguessNot for the seedbox.

me likes this

especially since that way (i assume) your bumo wouldnt add to the post count.

Comment

Originally posted by Cafe View Post
      Well I was thinking that this feature would make it easier to bump threads,specially area51 threads.What I'm saying is,instead of typing "Bump Bump" as a reply and bumping a threads,having some sort of button which will add the reply automatically would be nice,specially for those who are having many giveaways.That's my idea :)

This has already been suggested before, good try though.

Quick Bump on Threads
      Bump Button
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Day_Man View Post

Quick Bump on Threads
        Bump Button
        Thanks I didn't notice btw.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks I didn't notice btw.
          Sorry I didnt mean it to sound like that, I meant it was a good thought though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Day_Man View Post

Quick Bump on Threads
            Bump Button
            Too bad that it was denied. Could have been a good addition to the site. Maybe it was way too muck work.
            sigpic

[ἓν οἶδα ὅτι] οὐδὲν οἶδα - Socrates

Comment

I think its a good idea but JustJenna makes a good point Here:
              How hard is it to type bump?

We aren't going to do anything that lowers the number of posts in the Area 51 forum, that is counter-intuitive to being found by crawlers. Post count is imperative to a forum's rank on Google.

Denied.

Originally Posted by Aengus
              It would be a good idea, at least in my view, does anyone know why the idea got shot down before? Coding difficulties?

Because it's useless and it's detrimental to the forum. That is why.

Comment

How hard is it to type bump?

We aren't going to do anything that lowers the number of posts in the Area 51 forum, that is counter-intuitive to being found by crawlers. Post count is imperative to a forum's rank on Google.
                That's like saying "how hard is it to type 'thanks' or 'nice thread'? We shouldn't be reducing the post count so there's no need for a 'like this post' button"

Comment

Originally posted by Nocuous View Post
                  That's like saying "how hard is it to type 'thanks' or 'nice thread'? We shouldn't be reducing the post count so there's no need for a 'like this post' button"
                  excellent point!

Comment

Well what I'm saying is to bump a thread, we have to have a post with more than 10 letters,imagine about someone who's having like 10 GA threads,another few in VIP section bumping all those 10+ threads with posts of more than 10 letters,waiting 10 seconds after each reply?This bump button will automatically add the reply without a time consuming.

I think like button is there to prevent unnecessary spam.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think like button is there to prevent unnecessary spam.
                      That's what I'm saying. Posting "bump" is just as unnecessary as saying thanks.

Comment

That's what I'm saying. Posting "bump" is just as unnecessary as saying thanks.
                        Bumping is a different thing than posting "hey nice GA".Only the OP is allowed to bump his own GA/Request threads to show that threads are updated and active.
                        sigpic

Comment

Bumping is a different thing than posting "hey nice GA".Only the OP is allowed to bump his own GA/Request threads to show that threads are updated and active.
                          I don't mean it's unnecessary to do it, I mean it's unnecessary for it to be a separate post instead of a button that updates the thread, similar to the like button.

Comment

I don't mean it's unnecessary to do it, I mean it's unnecessary for it to be a separate post instead of a button that updates the thread, similar to the like button.
                            Well I was talking about a button which applies the reply automatically.Like the Intro approving button.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think it's b/c bumping serves a purpose since it moves the post to the top and is necessary to keep a GA active. Saying "nice post" doesn't really contribute. They both contribute to the post count of the forum but bumping does enough of that already and serves another purpose as well.

I'd like to be able to collapse bump posts but i don't think that's possible

Comment

Working...
                              X