Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought it felt nice being tinc'd :P It meant someone was curious who you are.

I think raffle and lotto bring people into the irc that wouldn't normally say anything. I would never talk in irc if it wasn't for the lotto/raffle. It's kind of an icebreaker and eases anxiety that would normally prevent me from speaking.

And since so many people have znc, it lets you know someone is actually there so you can say hi. I see it as replacing the '.' or join messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Cappa View Post
      It was not removed because it invaded anyone's privacy. You have always been able to look at member's profiles. It was just convenient.
      I can still go into #tinfo or do an advance search and find your profile. Where's the privacy protection?
      It was removed because someone convinced someone else that new people would get their feeling hurt, if they saw they were getting tinc'd.
      Cappa it's what I was told.What you said is what you were told.Neither of us know who's right and I really don't care who's right.I just shared what I was told.Made sense to me because here's this person you don't know checking your info in front of everyone in the chatroom.Going to the #info room is more quiet and more private and I still say whoever decided to do that made a good decision.
      Thanks buddy!

Comment

The only change that I want to see in irc is for everybody to be able to kick Raum out. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Stylo12 View Post
          Cappa it's what I was told.What you said is what you were told.Neither of us know who's right and I really don't care who's right.I just shared what I was told.Made sense to me because here's this person you don't know checking your info in front of everyone in the chatroom.Going to the #info room is more quiet and more private and I still say whoever decided to do that made a good decision.
          Thanks buddy!
          I believe cappa was with me on IRC when it happened
          We want intros back

Stuck with getting that server turned into a seedbox ? Let a pro do it for
          FREE
          FreeSeedboxInstallService
          My Invite Threads
          ~~ Come and Visit us on IRC and have access to this wealth of commands ~~

Comment

To me it makes no difference how it happened.It's done and I'm glad someone made the change and as far as the lottoraffle goes it matters less to me anymore.I seldom play it so I really shouldn't be giving an opinion about it.I look at it as an annoyance more than anything else.Like a fly...it bugs you but you can shoo it away.

Comment

I would like to suggest putting a link in the Topic to the latest announcement on the forum. Or just the title of the latest announcement or both.

Comment

Another suggestion: Include IRC some stats when you tinc someone since some people are more active in IRC than on the forum.
                Last edited by Intelectual; October 10, 2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Intelectual View Post
                  Another suggestion: Include IRC some stats when you tinc someone since some people are more active in IRC than on the forum.

I support this!
                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by Intelectual View Post
                    There's already some irc stats by using using !stats or !stats <name>
                    JOIN US ON IRC FOR CHATTING, FUN, GAMES & PRIZES!

How To Connect To IRC

IRC Word Game
                    IRC Word Game Prizes

Comment

Hi OD30, Just noticed that you and hobbes left IRC becuase of connection issues, since hobbes is the most fun and helpful bot in TI IRCs (no offence calvin) I wouldn't mind donating a VPS from digitalocean or ramnode to host him on.

ECH
                      "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more." - Nikola Tesla

Comment

/me hits shadowbuild with a large trout

Comment

no doubt thank you for posting. Post was for test
                          only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Bot should post links from our own 'news' section more instead of just linking the same dead joke links.

Comment

Please, for the love of God, update the SSL certificate. The one currently in use i terribly insecure and actually might do more harm than good.

1. Key length is 1024 bits (2048 bits is minimum these days to withstand adversaries with large resources)
                              2. Itís self-signed/not signed by a trusted CA.
                              3. Its signature uses SHA1 (which is insecure, use SHA256 instead)
                              4. Itís expired (almost 4 years ago)

2-4 doesnít really matter since itís self-signed and requires user to manually confirm it anyway, but the certificates fingerprint is nowhere to be found on the site, so you can't do that either.

The current configuration gives a false sense of security to less security-aware users and train them to ignore security warnings. Please fix this, or disable SSL. Adopting LetsEncrypt would solve all these issues freely and securely (enable it for the web server as well while youíre at it would you).

Comment

Working...
                              X