Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About invites and iGivers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • About invites and iGivers

    I have seen people who lost their account's and some being accused of trader's & cheater's but they are NOT [the reason may be giving invite hear or getting invite hear(most of the cases not 100%) ]

    My Suggestion is to
    1.Only Staff and user Should only be able to see the given iGivers or gotten iGivers [in my opinion don't submit iG immediately after ur reg take some time then submit ( but don't ;) forget) ]
    2.When ever ur inviting someone from hear make them friend in other tracker's and give invite[if anything bad happen u can show proof but everything is as usual ] this only for some tracker's :)
    3.In Giveaway thread's only GA user and staff only be able see complete posts under that thread and every-other can only see the offer and members applying for invite they should be able to their replies to their post's[i don't see any reason to see everyone ] I think it is really hard to implement

    If i have said anything wrong(please forgive me) or have an idea please open ur voice[idk much about all tracker's]
    Last edited by seeker007; February 5, 2013, 02:02 AM.

  • #2
    Hello i think what you sugest is not possible to implement and not really usefull. We are part of a community so profiles must be kind of open to all TI users including igivers.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by extJSDB View Post
      Hello i think what you sugest is not possible to implement and not really usefull. We are part of a community so profiles must be kind of open to all TI users including igivers.
      Hi extJSDB
      Ok. that's how it works, but some people making use of it for..
      [But my intention is to make more secure ]
      Last edited by seeker007; February 5, 2013, 02:05 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        On some manner seeker007 is right !
        X staff member from X tracker finds out about the inviter and disables his account ( or all his invite tree ) due to giving away invites on t-i. Not only the inviter looses his account but he's accused of being a trader !
        Next -> the inviter gets on the Chopping Block.
        ._.

        Comment


        • #5

          We appreciate your suggestions, but it's not clear that they would improve the situation or be practical to implement. The main purpose of igivers is record keeping. That is they show the community the history of which trackers someone has been invited to. And not incidentally, whether they gave igivers promptly and what the associated comments were. All together they provide a lot of insight into whether an invitee is likely to be responsible. Not to mention bringing to light some members who attempt to obtain a duplicate invite to a specific tracker.

          Hiding the igiver history from members at large would increase security in some aspects, but would also take away many of the advantages of having an igiver history. Namely it is a valuable aid for inviters to evaluate potential invitees. You didn't put forward a rationale for hiding post bodies in giveaway threads, so it's uncertain what advantage might be gained there.

          Your third suggestion though is good practice. It is good to vary the amount of time that elapses between receiving an invite and leaving an igiver. This makes it harder for a tracker to link specific members or giveaways to tracker accounts. Common practice is to give an igiver within 3 or 4 days.. but there is nothing wrong with waiting a week or so. Just be sure to keep your inviter informed, so that they know that you are doing this and it isn't a surprise to them.

          For the moment though, I am not convinced that hiding igiver history or GA posts is a good idea.









          Fortune and love favour the brave .-. Ovid ....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Orochi View Post
            On some manner seeker007 is right !
            X staff member from X tracker finds out about the inviter and disables his account ( or all his invite tree ) due to giving away invites on t-i. Not only the inviter looses his account but he's accused of being a trader !
            Next -> the inviter gets on the Chopping Block.
            yes Orochi, that's what exactly happening they not only disable account and framing them as trader

            Originally posted by Copper View Post


            You didn't put forward a rationale for hiding post bodies in giveaway threads, so it's uncertain what advantage might be gained there.


            For the moment though, I am not convinced that hiding igiver history or GA posts is a good idea.

            Thanks Cooper for explanation of igiver
            i think because of comment's like "invite sent,sent,thanks,received " because of this we are making them easy to spot users, i don't see a reason other people what have to do with [as u said igivers are their to check]

            Comment


            • #7
              the biggest thing we can all do here a T-I, regarding invites......is NOT to use the same username here and on trackers. That is a rule here, and must be abided.
              just by doin that one thing greatly reduces the chance of being linked to T-I.

              the only other problem i can see, is a staff member of a tracker looking at two T-I members countries of origin {where our IP's are from} and connecting an inviter and invitee { ex: im from the US, and i invite a member from greece} some jerkoff tracker staff member, could then see....."oh!....tracker member xyz, thats from the US invited a new member from greece" and connect that back to T-I.
              special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
              sigpic
              "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

              "Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

              caesar....






              Comment


              • #8
                I would have to go with No on this igivers are for record keeping to prevent user from obtaining multiple invites to the same site if they are made non viewable by the general populous it will hamper this ability. Staff can not be called upon everytime there is an application for an invite to review igivers as this would put a severe workload on Staff, also it would sort of make it seem like we have something to hide which IMO we do not. I would just suggest that you employ all the safeguards that are in place and hopefully you will be safe

                Comment


                • #9
                  [MENTION=63194]shadowbuild[/MENTION] , thanks for advice

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is anyone have ideas or suggestions ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If anyone has any idea's or suggestions they will post them, please stop bumping the thread seeker007
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by seeker007 View Post
                        Is anyone have ideas or suggestions ?
                        Yes, i do.
                        You suggestion will more benefit traders and dupers, while will have dubious effect on users security.
                        TI staff won't be checking iGivers of every single user on regular basis - they don't have time for that.
                        They still need to look into every thread and react to every application.
                        Have you seen many Chopping Block cases initiated by staff?

                        As for leaving iGivers not imidiatly, but in a few days. This could be asked in the inviation thread. Personally i wait 24-48 hours after receiving an invite before i leave one.
                        Though from the other side, i can assure you, that about half of the users, if won't leave iGiver right after receiving an invite, would forget about it. Also i don't see security benefit in that, as iGiver won't be able to point exactly to the user. Countries is a more definite way to identify TI user at a torrent tracker.

                        As for the obligation to befriend users - i don't see much of the benefit there (apart of identifying same user on all tracker), and i don't see, why should i do that.

                        So generally, i don't see any benefit in you suggestions.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Watching the chopping block is enough for me to say no. The staff here are volunteers and as such can not necessarily afford to be that big brother like regarding invites. The chopping block sees a lot of good members do the research that all should when dealing with giving away invites and it is these members that bring a large portion of cheaters and dupes to light. If things were changed, this ability might be lessened so for that i vote no.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mandigal View Post


                            As for leaving iGivers not imidiatly, but in a few days. This could be asked in the inviation thread. Personally i wait 24-48 hours after receiving an invite before i leave one.
                            Though from the other side, i can assure you, that about half of the users, if won't leave iGiver right after receiving an invite, would forget about it. Also i don't see security benefit in that, as iGiver won't be able to point exactly to the user. Countries is a more definite way to identify TI user at a torrent tracker.

                            As for the obligation to befriend users - i don't see much of the benefit there (apart of identifying same user on all tracker), and i don't see, why should i do that.

                            So generally, i don't see any benefit in you suggestions.
                            as i said did u seen some mem's lost their account and being accused of trader but i think the reason is getting invite hear
                            even though receiver forgot inviter can send PM about iGiver that u forgot

                            Originally posted by tenpackpanther View Post
                            Watching the chopping block is enough for me to say no. The staff here are volunteers and as such can not necessarily afford to be that big brother like regarding invites.
                            yes
                            sure they are pretty busy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by seeker007 View Post
                              as i said did u seen some mem's lost their account and being accused of trader but i think the reason is getting invite hear
                              even though receiver forgot inviter can send PM about iGiver that u forgot
                              Yep, did twice - the person is not coming back to this forum anymore.
                              But still, you suggest no Igivers to be displayed, so under same logic - there is even less point in IgIvers.

                              In my topic i put the names of all people, who had received invites from me. The careful analysis of threads would give away invitees better, then iGiver in fact, as it always ends up with PM me you email.

                              Anyhow, as i've indicated, i see little sense and little use from your proposals.



                              Originally posted by seeker007 View Post
                              sure they are pretty busy
                              This means one thing - they are not going to oversee dupers/traders, but they will be only people, who can do that.
                              Consequently - your proposal is to create a Haven to Dupers/traders.... Well, i'd even consider twice before offering my invites in this case, as my risks of being banned or losing invites will only increase.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X