Default Setting For Font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Setting For Font

Could there be a setting in our profile for the font we want to type in as default. I don't like the fact that I have to keep changing to my favourite font.

I'm not particularly fond of it either, was actually going to suggest a setting configuration for default font/size/color myself but saw someone beat me to it. :P

Comment

i have no particular problem with the font but at times it is annoying to have to change the colour over and over again so i say kudos to this one
      Thanks so much Flobie for my colour

Also special thanks to ghost6945 KurrupT SiniuS Lucia gblaze Are451 End Poopderp salsal Raum
      for being plain awesome

Comment

That would be awesome! I'm too lazy to change my font for every post.

Comment

Originally posted by jframe View Post
          That would be awesome! I'm too lazy to change my font for every post.
          lol jframe you again ?
          dont know if this setting already available for VIPs/Staffers only ?
          sigpic

Thanks SiniuS for Everything.

Comment

I didn't see any options for a default font so it doesn't look like it is a VIP thing. Perhaps I'm missing something though?
            I really do like this idea as it would certainly add a personal touch to each post a user names should they choose to set up a different font/color.
            JOIN US ON IRC FOR CHATTING, FUN, GAMES & PRIZES!

How To Connect To IRC

IRC Word Game
            IRC Word Game Prizes

Comment

I don't think that this is in the best interests of the forum. I do appreciate that it is attractive to personalize one's work. And we have added a lot of forum features to do just that e.g. profile customization.

However generally speaking, a lot of people seem to pick fonts that are difficult to read. Presumably on a whim without really considering issues like legibility. If we add a per user default font setting, that extra convenience would mean that more people would specify idiosyncratic fonts. And the forum could become a real mess. Users can already use a font tag to specify a font. And that I think is a good compromise. It is just enough of a deterrent in terms of convenience to deter large numbers of people from choosing ill-advised fonts. But still allows members to choose a custom font if it is important to them.

It's not that arduous to use a font tag. But it keeps the load on moderators to a manageable level. I know that I already spend too much time removing pure black and white fonts alone from posts. A pure black font being illegible on the standard theme and vice versa.

So I have to vote no on this proposal. A reasonable alternative already being available for those who wish to use custom fonts.

Fortune and love favour the brave .-. Ovid ....

Comment

well,agree .

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post

I don't think that this is in the best interests of the forum. I do appreciate that it is attractive to personalize one's work. And we have added a lot of forum features to do just that e.g. profile customization.

However generally speaking, a lot of people seem to pick fonts that are difficult to read. Presumably on a whim without really considering issues like legibility. If we add a per user default font setting, that extra convenience would mean that more people would specify idiosyncratic fonts. And the forum could become a real mess. Users can already use a font tag to specify a font. And that I think is a good compromise. It is just enough of a deterrent in terms of convenience to deter large numbers of people from choosing ill-advised fonts. But still allows members to choose a custom font if it is important to them.

It's not that arduous to use a font tag. But it keeps the load on moderators to a manageable level. I know that I already spend too much time removing pure black and white fonts alone from posts. A pure black font being illegible on the standard theme and vice versa.

So I have to vote no on this proposal. A reasonable alternative already being available for those who wish to use custom fonts.

I find your font colour very hard to read. However, I didn't mention the font colour I wanted a default setting for the actual font.

Comment

Working...
                  X