iGiver Automated Forum URL Filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGiver Automated Forum URL Filler

Since 'Submit iGiver' is only on the OP of posts in threads where invites/bonuses are given, it would be nice if it auto-filled the thread URL field with the previous, originating URL when clicking the button. It wouldn't save that much time, but in terms of streamlining the site it would be a nice feature to have I think...

It really isn't hard to click "First" for the page numbers and go to the OP. I really don't see the point in implementing this since it really isn't necessary.
    JOIN US ON IRC FOR CHATTING, FUN, GAMES & PRIZES!

How To Connect To IRC

IRC Word Game
    IRC Word Game Prizes

Comment

Hmmmm A Lil Work Is Alwaes Good
      sigpic

Comment

The process of leaving an iGiver is very simple and easy to use and i don't think this automated system should be implemented as i really don't see much use to it.

Comment

Well, I do see the point of it, and would like it implemented as well. Specially since sometimes the URL gives an error when adding the igiver and you have to try again with a slightly different one (the difference from copying the one from the title or the permalink).

Yeah, no doubt it is something we can live without, but this suggestion is much more useful than many others we often see.
          +1 from me.

Cheers,
          Kevin ;)
          Undaunted by the obstacles before him, he barrels through the injustices in search of the truth.
          His success is inevitable, his victory undeniable, for he is... The Exalted.

Comment

Auto filling the "Giveaway Thread URL" would be a extra help to people for the newcomers, that are using the form for the first time, because if you forgot to copy the link before clicking the submit igiver button, you have to click back to copy it. It's not too much work, but it would improve site usability.

+1
            The Seedbox From Scratch Script

I'm not a native english speaker and my writing and (even) understanding of the language is far, far away from fluent, so, if you, native english speaker or not, have enough linguistic proficiency and found something in my words which you are absolutely certain that is a grammar or spell error, please, feel free correct me by PM or even expose it (so people learn from my errors), just don't go (too) off topic and don't make me more unsure than I already am.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefteris View Post
              Auto filling the "Giveaway Thread URL" would be a extra help to people for the newcomers, that are using the form for the first time, because if you forgot to copy the link before clicking the submit igiver button, you have to click back to copy it. It's not too much work, but it would improve site usability.

+1
              I agree with you, it can help new users
              +1

Comment

Like the idea, as people say it probably won't save a lot of time, but streamlining the site and cutting a few steps in the process is always a good thing. Wouldn't put a programmer on it to be implemented immediately, but a good alteration for the next version. Its not always about saving time, its more the feeling and user-friendliness of the site:) Good suggestion kanzuma!

Comment

I don't know how often it happens but I'm sure new users have had problems in the past and likely had to ask the inviter via PM how to do it. If this makes it easier for someone to learn how on their own, I think it's a good idea.

"I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in.
                  ...To see what condition my condition was in."

Comment

I like this idea

+1
                    sigpic

All that we see or seem, Is but a dream within a dream

Unlimited (MYA) 5x (3DT) 9x(FF) 1x(TD) 1x(ST) 10xPTF)

Comment

Obviously not a mandatory but it could be cool. +1.

Comment

Not sure how much work it would take, but I like the idea. Thumbs up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          Well, I do see the point of it, and would like it implemented as well. Specially since sometimes the URL gives an error when adding the igiver and you have to try again with a slightly different one (the difference from copying the one from the title or the permalink).

Yeah, no doubt it is something we can live without, but this suggestion is much more useful than many others we often see.
                          +1 from me.

Cheers,
                          Kevin ;)
                          ​I totally agree with you...I love to see that somebody from staff has the vision as you expressed here. Great..!!!

Show respect to all people, but grovel to none
                          Rules / How to Give an iGiver / Invite Giveaway Guide / FAQ / Banned Countries

Comment

I like the idea because as other have said, while it's not a huge thing, it makes for a nicer experience (Kinda like using iOS, the little things matter).

Comment

I like this idea as well. Ease of use is very important to any website. I think this will help out a lot of users.

Comment

Working...
                              X