Issue with VPNs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with VPNs

Obviously I'm new to the site. While reading over the rules, and the guide to creating an intro I noticed that IP obfuscation of any kind is not permitted. Which obviously includes my VPN. What I cannot seem to find anywhere is why. I tried searching the forums, but even a search for just "vpn" returned zero results.

I route absolutely all of my traffic through a VPN, for my own reasons. If this means I'm unwelcome here I can deal with that, so far I feel like I'm just here to complete AWS ML tasks for whomever owns the site given how many captchas I've had to complete. I would, however, appreciate any insight that can be provided as to why a security conscious person such as myself would be unwelcome just because I won't lay my naked IP out for the administrators of this particular forum. Even more so considering that using one for the torrenting this site is meant to help foster is just smart practice.

I want to say first that I am not a moderator here and these comments are just my own thoughts. Based on my experience on this forum, there are three reasons that I can think of regarding VPNs on this site.

1) Many many many cheaters and spammers have been banned here over the years. An unmasked IP is the solution to preventing these ex-members from re-entering the forums via VPN or other IP masking solution. In turn, this protects current members from giving invites to already banned cheaters. No, it's not a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing. Most torrent sites have this rule in place as well for the same reason. You're allowed to download data via VPN, but most sites don't allow you to access their website through VPN.

2) The other reason pertains to "banned countries". Many torrent sites have a banned countries list and do not allow users from those countries to enter their site. Inviters on this site want to make sure that the people that they invite aren't on the site's banned countries list. This is verified by posting a current speedtest on an unmasked IP.

3) There is no illegal activity that takes place on this site. If you were found to have an account on this website, there would be no consequences from government agencies, ISPs, etc.

Really, the ultimate goal of disallowing VPNs is to protect our current members' torrent accounts from harm as inviting cheaters or people from banned countries could cause us to lose our accounts or invite privileges. We want a safe place to offer invites to good people who know how valuable torrent accounts are. That's all.

Anyway, I hope this helps answer your question. If you decide to keep your VPN on, you won't be granted access to the invite sections and that's okay. If you do decide to turn off the VPN and join our community, that would be great too. It's completely your choice either way.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Fluttershy; April 1, 2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluttershy View Post
      I want to say first that I am not a moderator here and these comments are just my own thoughts. Based on my experience on this forum, There are three reasons that I can think of regarding VPNs on this site.

1) Many many many cheaters and spammers have been banned here over the years. An unmasked IP is the solution to preventing these ex-members from re-entering the forums via VPN or other IP masking solution. In turn, this protects current members from giving invites to already banned cheaters. No, it's not a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing. Most torrent sites have this rule in place as well for the same reason. You're allowed to download data via VPN, but most sites don't allow you to access their website through VPN.

2) The other reason pertains to "banned countries". Many torrent sites have a banned countries list and do not allow users from those countries to enter their site. Inviters on this site want to make sure that the people that they invite aren't on the site's banned countries list. This is verified by posting a current speedtest on an unmasked IP.

3) There is no illegal activity that takes place on this site. If you were found to have an account on this website, there would be no consequences from government agencies, ISPs, etc.

Really, the ultimate goal of disallowing VPNs is to protect our current members' torrent accounts from harm as inviting cheaters or people from banned countries could cause us to lose our accounts or invite privileges. We want a safe place to offer invites to good people who know how valuable torrent accounts are. That's all.

Anyway, I hope this helps answer your question. If you decide to keep your VPN on, you won't be granted access to the invite sections and that's okay. If you do decide to turn off the VPN and join our community, that would be great too. It's completely your choice either way.

Cheers!
      Point 1 would be one of the most accurate answers for this.
      sigpic
      A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
      If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

Different team members are worried about the things that are happening around them. Therefore, just have a look at toppaperwritingservice.com that is obtainable there to present with all the latest answers.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

Working...
          X