Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give Like/Rep to the initial post of a thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Give Like/Rep to the initial post of a thread

    Hi,

    is it somehow possible to give the first post of a thread a "like"? I only see the "Like this post" button after the first reply post.

    Or is the prefered way to give manual Rep? If yes, how many Rep points are appropriate? Just one, the maximum, somewhere in between?

    Thanks a lot!

  • #2
    Originally posted by pwn View Post
    Hi,

    is it somehow possible to give the first post of a thread a "like"? I only see the "Like this post" button after the first reply post.

    Or is the prefered way to give manual Rep? If yes, how many Rep points are appropriate? Just one, the maximum, somewhere in between?

    Thanks a lot!
    As i understand it, I think you are misreading site layout.
    "Like this post" Buttons refer to the post above it, not below

    Its entirely up to you how much rep you give.
    Any one post will have a different value to different members. But do avoid just giving max rep for everything, It would just under value the rep system

    Hope a understood and this helps

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SUpper View Post
      As i understand it, I think you are misreading site layout.
      "Like this post" Buttons refer to the post above it, not below
      That's how I understand it, too. But there are no "Like this post" buttons displayed under the first post. I only see the text "Advertisment", "To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here." and then the first reply post.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pwn View Post
        That's how I understand it, too. But there are no "Like this post" buttons displayed under the first post. I only see the text "Advertisment", "To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here." and then the first reply post.

        This is a bug actually. If you click the permalink in the top right of the post, it'll refresh the page and you'll be able to see the like button for the first post.

        Hope that helps!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fluttershy View Post
          This is a bug actually. If you click the permalink in the top right of the post, it'll refresh the page and you'll be able to see the like button for the first post.
          You mean the "#1" link? Does not work for me. I tried it on Firefox and the MS Edge browser.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pwn View Post
            You mean the "#1" link? Does not work for me. I tried it on Firefox and the MS Edge browser.
            Try clicking on the #2 link instead. That might work. I remember posting about this years ago but I can't really remember what the proper fix is.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fluttershy View Post
              Try clicking on the #2 link instead. That might work.
              No, does not work either unfortunately.

              Comment


              • #8
                Giving rep. is kinda a personal thing, but I would use it sparingly until you see a post or thread that you really like, then why not give a lot?
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  As if ads aren't annoying enough, they actually break functionality. [MENTION=1]Dave[/MENTION]?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hmmm strange. Let me see if i can fix it quickly now.

                    *edit* I will disable that ad seems like it is overlapping that element.
                    PM me at your own peril.

                    No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

                    Hand pick your people, Totally dependable, Totally Loyal~Admiral Cain

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      FWIW I'm seeing the like on the first post now

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X