Need help with boosting ratio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with boosting ratio.

I am not really sure if this is even allowed here.

Both trackers dont support any bonus transfer etc so that is a no go. Pure seeding only.

I am not in any danger but I prefer to have some head room and I dont see that happening from my side anytime soon. My bonus is running out too.

Can I get any help?.

I will post sites if this is allowed.

Seedbox?

Comment

farming freeleech or the bonus system can work; if it's an active site you have a chance to get something from new uploads using a fast connection; if it's too hard you might be better off using a different tracker

Comment

get familiar with autodl-irssi then get the new possible-popular releases and seed them.

Comment

I would suggest getting a seedbox and then setting up autodl-irssi.

If your part of a tracker that has good searching, I would focus on looking at the most popular TV shows to automatically download.

Generally I see 720p HD TV shows getting the best ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by lllolll View Post
            get familiar with autodl-irssi then get the new possible-popular releases and seed them.
            Nice, i didn't know about this tool, autodl-irssi.. It seems to be very helpful
            There are several tutorials here on TI teaching you how to use it
            +1

Comment

Originally posted by stb View Post
              Seedbox?
              Well If I was living somewhere where I could pay for one, I would have rented one.

If your post was in any other sense, then I dont really care. Any legal mean is fine. :p

Home connection or seedbox, dont care.

Comment

Originally posted by Civilian View Post
                Well If I was living somewhere where I could pay for one, I would have rented one.

If your post was in any other sense, then I dont really care. Any legal mean is fine. :p

Home connection or seedbox, dont care.
                You said "I am not in any danger but I prefer to have some head room and I dont see that happening from my side anytime soon". So if you don't see that happening from your side, seedbox or something like that is the only solution, if we don't speak about anything illegal.

And, sorry to ask, what do you mean you couldn't pay? Financial situation, lack of knowledge, seedbox websites blocked? Also, maybe you know, bust just in case - you can get free seedbox trials here.

Comment

+1 on seedbox & autodl-irssi. My ratios are going through the roof!

Comment

Nearly two weeks later, what a sad situation this thread is.

I will just have to keep doing what I am doing. Burn my bonus.

Comment

Ok, Civilian - So if you don't have a seedbox, do you at least have good upstream bandwidth?
                      If so, get on whatever trackers you are on, and every day check for the newest stuff. If you see something that has like 1 or 2 seeders and lots of leechers, get on it and let it run. Do that over and over, and you will boost your ratio. Not sure what more someone could add to that?

Comment

Trick is to filter by leech and pick up torrents that have a lot of those vs seeds.

Comment

Cross seeding could help you. Download from tracker A and seed the content to tracker B as well. Cross seeding gives you upload without giving any download from that tracker so is great for your ratio.

More generally and if seedbox is out, seed more for longer. Get on popular new torrents faster. If you are cross seeding and the tracker has scene torrents then get a faster pre-time tracker and have the content ready to cross seed. Upload torrents if you can as that is always great for ratio,.

The best solution is to choose easier trackers. Or perhaps to join a few easier trackers just to get content from them that is not likely to get you any upload on your two trackers.

Comment

All of the advice that you will need as already been posted here,I personally prefer to upload my own torrents.However,you have to have a descent internet connection to do so.I generally reupload different versions for the same stuff.For eg If you see a FLAC version of an album you can download it,convert it and re-upload it in different mp3 formats to gain some buffer

Comment

Working...
                            X