Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it taking so much time to reach 150 posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it taking so much time to reach 150 posts?

I would like to become an 55% member, and it takes like forever to reach that post count. What topics do you suggest me, where I can increase my posts quickly? :D

The limit is there for a reason so people can't just spam their way straight in to 55%, at least that is the impression after reading related forum posts about it, since the 55% forums have more closed recruitments and other things..

What I have found to be the best ways is:
    - Posting new and fresh articles that can be helpful & related to the bittorrent world.
    - Creating guides & reviews for others to read when they are deciding which seedbox to look for or which tracker to go for
    - Posting ideas that can improve the website

Even though making empty comments to some threads can bump the count up, I think it's pretty much against the idea of "earning" the rankups. Who am I to judge though, I post a lot of stuff here, I just try to add as much content as I can to a comment to make it worth the additional reps or alternatively just a good answer to a question. If I don't have a clear answer, I usually just drop it rather than saying that I'm not sure or I don't know. If I do want to post something however, I just research something related to the problem and post that!

Some really good posts related to this topic that I found:
    http://www.torrent-invites.com/site-...community.html
    (Some information about rep and the ways of earning it, including what are good things to post)
    http://www.torrent-invites.com/site-...rt-thread.html
    (A really good guide on tweaking posts)

EDIT:

I also think that it would be good to bring this quote up from the Rules & FAQ of T-I:

What posts qualifies as spam?

Posts that do not add significance or even remotely relevant to the original post. Posts which looks as if they're created just to add to the user's post count (barely exceeding 10 characters). 'Thank you' posts also qualifies as spam; we have the Like button for a reason. The definition of a spam post varies, but just use some common sense and add some length and importance to your messages. These will not only help you avoid any unnecessary warnings, but also add reputation to your profile if other users deem your post helpful.
    Last edited by WesGrace; April 25, 2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Yeah,
      That's why I am trying to reach access to that part. Thanks for your comment, I think I may create some new topics about interesting things, just I don't like writing too much...

Comment

[MENTION=363610]dwguy[/MENTION]

Congrats on making it to 150 posts

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalking View Post
          @dwguy

Congrats on making it to 150 posts
          Where can I check my REP points count?

Comment

Originally posted by dwguy View Post
            Where can I check my REP points count?
            I wonder too where can check the rep points ?

Comment

Just sent you guys some ;)

I think you will get a notification, and it will take you to a page that shows your total rep.

Not sure how to get there otherwise.

-< EDIT >-

Go to the bottom of your settings tab. You should see the rep you've received and given.. Look for something like "Latest Reputation Received (XXX point(s) total)"
              Last edited by Skywalking; April 29, 2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Just sent you some ;)

I think you will get a notification, and it will take you to a page that shows your total rep.

-< EDIT >-

Got to the bottom of your settings tab. You should see the rep you've received and given.. Look for something like "Latest Reputation Received (XXX point(s) total)"
                okey ı see :) thanks a lot

Comment

Just sent you guys some ;)

-< EDIT >-

Got to the bottom of your settings tab. You should see the rep you've received and given.. Look for something like "Latest Reputation Received (XXX point(s) total)"
                  Oh, yeah, thanks :)
                  http://www.torrent-invites.com/usercp.php?#reprecv
                  Is the link to that page.

So I need 13 more for the 55% rank.

Comment

BitTorrent discussion is the best, BitTorrent news and internal trackers news are good as well.

Comment

Thanks for this! All I was able to tell was that I would be famous soon enough!!

Comment

Working...
                      X