rtorrent stopped working on my seedbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rtorrent stopped working on my seedbox

i have a seedbox with Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-110-generic x86_64) as stated when i connect to it via SSH
    yesterday i was trying to add a big patch of torrents file by drag and drop (like i usually do) and suddenly it stopped working and when i refresh the page i get this message

torrent list not yet available connection to rtorrent not established

of course this isnt the first time that it happened so i get to putty and connect to the server and enter the command i usually enter to make it work again

screen
    enter
    enter
    rtorrent

but this time i get this message

rtorrent: Error in option file: ~/.rtorrent.rc:137: Could not prepare socket for listening: Address already in use

i also delete the rtorrent.lock which is located in .session ( i also usually do that to make the seedbox work again)

it is still not working

what shoud i do now ? i am not expert in these things at all so please make the steps more detailed

Hey
    oldnick i have got the same messages in past too, for me it happens when the storage space is full u can try deleting some files & restart ur rutorent/rtorrent in control panel if this doesnt work still then try opening ticket with ur seedbox

Comment

Are you using the rutorrent gui? I'm not sure how you're adding your torrents (sounds like you're using the gui) but - I have more luck uploading large lists of torrents to the watch folder of my seedbox as opposed to using rutorrent's torrent add tool. Not sure why but my rutorrent chokes if I try to batch add too much at once.

Comment

Originally posted by MBR View Post
        Are you using the rutorrent gui? I'm not sure how you're adding your torrents (sounds like you're using the gui) but - I have more luck uploading large lists of torrents to the watch folder of my seedbox as opposed to using rutorrent's torrent add tool. Not sure why but my rutorrent chokes if I try to batch add too much at once.
        yes that exactly what happens almost every time when i try to add large list of torrents and some time i can restart the connection by the method i mention above and sometimes (like this time i have to take to my provider to fix it form his side)

do you mean that i can add patch of torrent by uploading them with filezilla to this directory downloads/watch ?

also if you happen to know can i add them and then choose what to download from the web interface instead of immediate auto downloading ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oldnick View Post
          yes that exactly what happens almost every time when i try to add large list of torrents and some time i can restart the connection by the method i mention above and sometimes (like this time i have to take to my provider to fix it form his side)

do you mean that i can add patch of torrent by uploading them with filezilla to this directory downloads/watch ?

also if you happen to know can i add them and then choose what to download from the web interface instead of immediate auto downloading ?

thanks
          Right, with filezilla to the downloads/watch folder, or wherever your watch folder is located on your seedbox. I don't know how to keep them from auto downloading once you've uploaded them into that folder tho - I've always just let them run. There's probably a config somewhere but doing a quick survey I could not find a toggle.

Comment

Working...
          X