Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uTorrent/AppData question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • uTorrent/AppData question

    I am going to reformat my computer.
    If I back up C>User>Tron>AppData>Roaming>uTorrent... Do I have to have to reconfigure the Settings?
    Will it keep my upload/ratio stats and labels? Will I have to re-add the Torrents?

  • #2
    Great question, I would also like to know as well, since hash checking takes forever on large files.

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      *AppData\Roaming\uTorrent* contains torrent history and settings, and by default the .torrent files. If you save the entire folder C:\User\Owner\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent (and the folders set in Preferences > Directories if files are on same drive you are formatting) on a backup drive and you restore them to the exact directory after format - torrent info, ratios etc. will restore.

      Comment


      • #4
        [MENTION=191075]Jynksie[/MENTION] is right. However, you will have to reconfigure the torrent client's settings after you delete said folders. They contain the settings.dat and settings.dat.old files of the application, which store all the custom choices you made.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dirtydozen View Post
          @Jynksie is right. However, you will have to reconfigure the torrent client's settings after you delete said folders. They contain the settings.dat and settings.dat.old files of the application, which store all the custom choices you made.
          What if I back up the uTorrent program files also, then put them both back where I found them?

          Comment


          • #6
            @mrwheels - You mean like, the whole thing? It might work. But, basically if you keep the settings.dat and settings.dat.old files in place, you won't have to worry about re-configuring. I'm talking about the settings of μTorrent itself.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dirtydozen View Post
              @mrwheels - You mean like, the whole thing? It might work. But, basically if you keep the settings.dat and settings.dat.old files in place, you won't have to worry about re-configuring. I'm talking about the settings of μTorrent itself.
              What do you mean "the settings of μTorrent itself"? If I have "settings.dat and settings.dat.old" shouldnt that put all the setting in the uTorrent preferences back the way I had it?
              https://image.torrent-invites.com/im...pdataKaGPS.jpg

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mrwheels View Post
                What do you mean "the settings of μTorrent itself"? If I have "settings.dat and settings.dat.old" shouldnt that put all the setting in the uTorrent preferences back the way I had it?
                https://image.torrent-invites.com/im...pdataKaGPS.jpg
                Precisely, that's what I meant.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dirtydozen View Post
                  Precisely, that's what I meant.
                  Thank you!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mrwheels View Post
                    Thank you!!
                    Anytime. :)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      [MENTION=106210]mrwheels[/MENTION] please confirms if it works after you've formatted your computer, it would be greatly be appreciated.

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hearts View Post
                        @mrwheels please confirms if it works after you've formatted your computer, it would be greatly be appreciated.
                        Will do!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hearts View Post
                          @mrwheels please confirms if it works after you've formatted your computer, it would be greatly be appreciated.
                          It does work but there's two issues that didn't occur before.
                          1. uTorrent won't allow my computer shut down for more than a couple seconds without restarting again immediately. I have it set to start automatically when windows starts up.
                          2. This box appears every time the computer starts up no matter the fire wall setting.



                          PS. I had a BitTorrennt roaming folder that I also backed up (not sure why I had that, lol)

                          EDIT:
                          Now it's working???? I've got no clue what's going on!!! lol
                          Last edited by mrwheels; January 15, 2017, 08:00 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mrwheels View Post
                            It does work but there's two issues that didn't occur before.
                            1. uTorrent won't allow my computer shut down for more than a couple seconds without restarting again immediately. I have it set to start automatically when windows starts up.
                            2. This box appears every time the computer starts up no matter the fire wall setting.



                            PS. I had a BitTorrennt roaming folder that I also backed up (not sure why I had that, lol)

                            EDIT:
                            Now it's working???? I've got no clue what's going on!!! lol
                            It's OK. You cleared the settings and now it's acting up. I always get that, nothing to worry about. It fixes itself.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dirtydozen View Post
                              It's OK. You cleared the settings and now it's acting up. I always get that, nothing to worry about. It fixes itself.
                              It's all good now!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X