Ratio Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratio Help?

How does this ratio thing work exactly? I'm super new to all of this and I don't wanna mess it up.
    Like, I know the ratio should be about 1:1, but I see that my ratio on AlphaRatio is 5.84. Isn't that a different format? Is 5 the amount of upload or download?
    Utorrent is seeding/uploading at a very slow rate (about 0.04MB per every 5 minutes). Is it supposed to be that slow? It downloads much faster than that. Plus, after it seeded 2MB my ratio just flatlined. Is that supposed to happen as well?

Thanks! :)

Duplicate: Is my ratio good or not?

Mate if this is the way you want to inrease your post count then you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GTZero View Post
      Duplicate: Is my ratio good or not?

Mate if this is the way you want to inrease your post count then you're doing it wrong.
      Sorry, no. Is there a benefit to having a lot of posts? I actually didn't know, but thanks... :)
      I was just confused on how you read the ratio (to be honest I was always really bad at ratio in school as well so maybe that's it).
      And I was wondering why my client was acting so weird about seeding as I've never really seeded much at all before.

Comment

Originally posted by Rei_Ayanami9 View Post
        Sorry, no. Is there a benefit to having a lot of posts? I actually didn't know, but thanks... :)
        I was just confused on how you read the ratio (to be honest I was always really bad at ratio in school as well so maybe that's it).
        And I was wondering why my client was acting so weird about seeding as I've never really seeded much at all before.
        There is a benefit. You need a certain amount of qualifying posts to increase your status here so that (among other things) you can get access to better giveaway forums. So - some people may be tempted to write gibberish just to click their post counter up a notch. These forums are pretty well moderated though so that kind of behavior doesn't go unnoticed. My advice - search the forums well before you post, then make your posting. I only write this because you say you're new and may not have the hang of things yet but it's pretty common acceptable behavior on this and in other forums. If you find an old (but not dead or closed) thread that deals with your topic, why not reply there and ask for an update rather than start a new topic?

I'm sure you got your answer about ratios already, but in short - a higher number is better. 1:1 means you've seeded as much as you've leeched (assuming no freeleech or such). Most ratio stats don't put the second number, so "5.5" means you've uploaded 5 times what you've downloaded. Get is as high as you can!! Sites have different requirements so make sure you read the rules that everyone just clicks through during sign-up. Some trackers can have very draconian practices and you don't want to get banned.

Ok, I'm probably rehashing a lot of what's been said in other forums, but I wanted to JUMP on the opportunity to post.. see?

Comment

Working...
        X