Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help wanting to give back what path to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help wanting to give back what path to take?

This is a general help question of how do I get more involved in this scene to help out in any way i can. I want to become like some of the people I have a lot of respect for on this site and others like it. What steps do you suggest/encourage?

I would suggest working your way up to 55% and joining the intro crew. Everyone here appreciates volunteer work.

Comment

Yea I've read the percentage system but I'm still not quite sure what it is I have to do to get to 55%. That's kind of what I meant by what path to get there. I'm slightly confused by the wording of the requirements. What are rep points? I know you need a certain amount of posts my account is 6 years old so I know my membership is old enough already.

I'm trying to find suitable people to give away my torrentleech invites too but it seems there are no takers did i set my requirements too high? I want to be careful who I let in and be responsible.

Comment

I recommend the same. Im still trying to get 33% (time limit). You can also try buying a VIP because 55% requirements are very high

Comment

Yes Everyone could use money to help. I live alone off a 13 dollar an hour job and pay rent, utilities, car payment, ISP, car insurance, food, gas i barely get by. I wish money was an option to throw around but I cannot give in that way.

What exactly do I have to do to get to 55% my account is 6 years old already. I genuinely just want to help not to get more invites or anything like that I have all the trackers i rly need i could use a backup to apollo but im covered with everything else i rly just genuinely want to help out and earn respect in this scene.

Yes I know there are posts explaining it but they are vague to me like i think it says you need X amount of posts X amount of rep points (what are those?) and x amount of time?

Also am i allowed to bump my invite give away thread every X amount of time? If so what time limit would that be?
          Last edited by Freeze311; December 4, 2016, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Don't complain about 13 $/h job, really. Your salary is much higher than most of poeple earn here (eastern europe).

Exact rules are here: Ranks - Torrent-Invites Wiki

AFAIK you are allowed to bump your invite thread once a day but better check in gievaway rules to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeze311 View Post
              I'm trying to find suitable people to give away my torrentleech invites too but it seems there are no takers did i set my requirements too high? I want to be careful who I let in and be responsible.
              torrentleech just had an open registrations for a few days...

Comment

There are a lot of ways helping people here:
                You can give away invites (Of course without expecting something back),
                You can write tracker reviews, or edit/add to existing reviews.
                You can use your general knowledge/expertise and answer questions, or just add useful information.

Just use your imagination.
                There is no guide how to help people or earn respect :)

Comment

Originally posted by GTZero View Post
                  Don't complain about 13 $/h job, really. Your salary is much higher than most of poeple earn here (eastern europe).

Exact rules are here: Ranks - Torrent-Invites Wiki

AFAIK you are allowed to bump your invite thread once a day but better check in gievaway rules to be sure.
                  No doubt, GTZero, but $13 doesn't buy you much in some parts of this grand old US of A. Some places I'm sure it's just as hard to get by as it is in Eastern Europe. HBO aired this documentary once on Appalacia - holy F do those people have it bad. And to be surrounded by some of the greatest wealth in the world.. pure torture.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexN14 View Post
                    There are a lot of ways helping people here:
                    You can give away invites (Of course without expecting something back),
                    You can write tracker reviews, or edit/add to existing reviews.
                    You can use your general knowledge/expertise and answer questions, or just add useful information.

Just use your imagination.
                    There is no guide how to help people or earn respect :)

Good suggestion to be sure. I guess the main theme is, if you have low resources in the way of $$, you need to spend some of that other precious resource, time. Then again, if you spend all your time working... and the merry go round spins round and round. I wonder if the tutorial section could use any polishing-up. I was reading one the other day that mentioned KaZaa for Pete's sake.. that could definitely use a little updating!

Comment

I'm kind of in the same boat as [MENTION=66239]Freeze311[/MENTION], so these suggestions are helpful. I'd like to go back to his question about rep points. I know that there's is the thumbs-up icon where one can give rep. And I think that I understand that the amount of rep one can give is related to the number of points one has accumulated (is this "rep power"?), But where do the points come from? Is there an unlimited supply everyone draws from based on their rep power, or do these points come out of the rep points of the giver? I am unclear on that. I'd like to start giving rep, but I don't have a lot of points of my own yet.

Comment

I don't know where it's coming from, But I know that the points only goes one way: Up.
                        I never loose points when I give points.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexN14 View Post
                          I don't know where it's coming from, But I know that the points only goes one way: Up.
                          I never loose points when I give points.
                          Thanks, AlexN14! I appreciate the help!

Comment

Wealth is your typical American dream. I know for sure that most modern girls prefer rich and successful men. Even guys are looking for rich ladies. This is a rather strange phenomenon. I choose love.

Comment

Nowadays there are a lot of scammers on the Internet and in order to protect yourself, you need to get acquainted only on trusted sites. To finally find a verified site, read the review bestsugardaddydate.com/elitesingles-com-review.html. I think that after reading, you will not have any questions!

Comment

Working...
                              X