Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RaR Files

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RaR Files

    Hello,

    I have plex on my seedbox,my question how can I get movies that come RaR how can I unzip them on my seedbox without downloading them so I can view the movies off my seedbox ?

    Help would be greatly appreciated

    Thanks so much
    dabonz

  • #2
    Originally posted by dabonz View Post
    Hello,

    I have plex on my seedbox,my question how can I get movies that come RaR how can I unzip them on my seedbox without downloading them so I can view the movies off my seedbox ?

    Help would be greatly appreciated

    Thanks so much
    dabonz
    1.It should be as simple as: locating the file in file manager > Right click > Extract here.. This will extract it to its current directory ( torrent will seed normally but note that torrent creation using that directory will include both rared and unrared content

    or

    2.For automatic unpacking : Settings > unpack > enable autounpacking

    ~~~~~~
    If you are getting errors you may need to install the packages and plugins and configure rutorrent conf file..
    I will try help btu will need more info about the install
    Last edited by SUpper; August 31, 2016, 05:07 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I might be missing something, but seeing he didn't explicitly say he's using Rutorrent, this is what I always do (Assuming he uses Debian/Ubuntu):

      If you can SSH into your server, you have to install unrar
      Code:
      apt-get install unrar
      , then when it finishes installing, you go to the folder using "cd" like
      Code:
      cd /Folder/The/Movie/Is/In
      and you unrar it using
      Code:
      unrar e "rarfile"
      . What I especially like, if you have for example a TV show from which all episodes are rarred, you go to the folder containing all episodes (probably subdirectories for episodes) and you do the following command:
      Code:
      unrar e -r *.rar
      You will have to leave PuTTy open, but you could use screen to do it in the background.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SteveWilliams View Post
        I might be missing something, but seeing he didn't explicitly say he's using Rutorrent, this is what I always do (Assuming he uses Debian/Ubuntu):

        If you can SSH into your server, you have to install unrar
        Code:
        apt-get install unrar
        , then when it finishes installing, you go to the folder using "cd" like
        Code:
        cd /Folder/The/Movie/Is/In
        and you unrar it using
        Code:
        unrar e "rarfile"
        . What I especially like, if you have for example a TV show from which all episodes are rarred, you go to the folder containing all episodes (probably subdirectories for episodes) and you do the following command:
        Code:
        unrar e -r *.rar
        You will have to leave PuTTy open, but you could use screen to do it in the background.

        Thank you...I will give that try

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dabonz View Post
          Hello,

          I have plex on my seedbox,my question how can I get movies that come RaR how can I unzip them on my seedbox without downloading them so I can view the movies off my seedbox ?

          Help would be greatly appreciated

          Thanks so much
          dabonz
          dabonz

          Did you manage to resolve this ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Automatic Unpacking

            Originally posted by SUpper View Post
            1.It should be as simple as: locating the file in file manager > Right click > Extract here.. This will extract it to its current directory ( torrent will seed normally but note that torrent creation using that directory will include both rared and unrared content

            or

            2.For automatic unpacking : Settings > unpack > enable autounpacking

            ~~~~~~
            If you are getting errors you may need to install the packages and plugins and configure rutorrent conf file..
            I will try help btu will need more info about the install

            I have the "enable autounpacking if torrent's label matches filter ______" option checked in ruTorrent but it looks like it's only automatic if the file matches a certain label. If I leave the label blank, should ruTorrent be unpacking all RARs?



            Comment


            • #7
              if using rutorrent you can get the addon unpack and it will extract them where you want. Here is a screenshot from mine.

              Comment

              Working...
              X