Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaR Files

Hello,

I have plex on my seedbox,my question how can I get movies that come RaR how can I unzip them on my seedbox without downloading them so I can view the movies off my seedbox ?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much
    dabonz

Originally posted by dabonz View Post
    Hello,

I have plex on my seedbox,my question how can I get movies that come RaR how can I unzip them on my seedbox without downloading them so I can view the movies off my seedbox ?

Thanks so much
    dabonz
    1.It should be as simple as: locating the file in file manager > Right click > Extract here.. This will extract it to its current directory ( torrent will seed normally but note that torrent creation using that directory will include both rared and unrared content

or

2.For automatic unpacking : Settings > unpack > enable autounpacking

~~~~~~
    If you are getting errors you may need to install the packages and plugins and configure rutorrent conf file..
    I will try help btu will need more info about the install
    Last edited by SUpper; August 31, 2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I might be missing something, but seeing he didn't explicitly say he's using Rutorrent, this is what I always do (Assuming he uses Debian/Ubuntu):

If you can SSH into your server, you have to install unrar
      Code:
      apt-get install unrar
      , then when it finishes installing, you go to the folder using "cd" like
      Code:
      cd /Folder/The/Movie/Is/In
      and you unrar it using
      Code:
      unrar e "rarfile"
      . What I especially like, if you have for example a TV show from which all episodes are rarred, you go to the folder containing all episodes (probably subdirectories for episodes) and you do the following command:
      Code:
      unrar e -r *.rar
      You will have to leave PuTTy open, but you could use screen to do it in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveWilliams View Post
        I might be missing something, but seeing he didn't explicitly say he's using Rutorrent, this is what I always do (Assuming he uses Debian/Ubuntu):

If you can SSH into your server, you have to install unrar
        Code:
        apt-get install unrar
        , then when it finishes installing, you go to the folder using "cd" like
        Code:
        cd /Folder/The/Movie/Is/In
        and you unrar it using
        Code:
        unrar e "rarfile"
        . What I especially like, if you have for example a TV show from which all episodes are rarred, you go to the folder containing all episodes (probably subdirectories for episodes) and you do the following command:
        Code:
        unrar e -r *.rar
        You will have to leave PuTTy open, but you could use screen to do it in the background.

Thank you...I will give that try

Comment

Originally posted by dabonz View Post
          Hello,

Thanks so much
          dabonz
          dabonz

Did you manage to resolve this ?

Comment

Automatic Unpacking

Originally posted by SUpper View Post
            1.It should be as simple as: locating the file in file manager > Right click > Extract here.. This will extract it to its current directory ( torrent will seed normally but note that torrent creation using that directory will include both rared and unrared content

or

2.For automatic unpacking : Settings > unpack > enable autounpacking

~~~~~~
            If you are getting errors you may need to install the packages and plugins and configure rutorrent conf file..
            I will try help btu will need more info about the install

I have the "enable autounpacking if torrent's label matches filter ______" option checked in ruTorrent but it looks like it's only automatic if the file matches a certain label. If I leave the label blank, should ruTorrent be unpacking all RARs?

Comment

if using rutorrent you can get the addon unpack and it will extract them where you want. Here is a screenshot from mine.

Comment

Working...
              X