Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D Design & Printing Trackers for the Exchange of 3D Object Files and digital Sculpts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Design & Printing Trackers for the Exchange of 3D Object Files and digital Sculpts

With the advent of 3D printing already spawning lots of 3D-sculpted miniature figures (example: Blood & Plunder) and buildings/scenery/terrain (example: PrintableScenery) for board games, RPG games, tabletop wargames and of course, computer games, I was wondering whether there are any sites dedicated to the exchange of the respective .obj, .stl and .vrml files. If the «usual suspects» (individuals or release groups) can get their hands on the digital files that game companies sculpt in Mari/Modo/Mudbox/ZBrush or AutoCAD/Rhino/SolidWorks et al for their titles, or on the files that people sell on Shapeways and similar platforms, it would be fantastic to obtain access to those digital creations. This will help to learn using the respective software programs, but also allows to modify them according to one's personal taste and create one's own characters in games and armies on 3D printers.

Are there places where the respective .obj, .stl, .vrml, etc., files are exchanged? Would anybody happen to know of communities where one can download digital 3D sculpts without a requirement to express one's preference by means of a monetary equivalent? Preferably torrents, but in the worst case, blogs and forums that use file sharing servers ą la RapidShare are better than nothing.

Thank you for your attention and have a pleasant afternoon.

Originally posted by QuiPeccavit View Post
    With the advent of 3D printing already spawning lots of 3D-sculpted miniature figures (example: Blood & Plunder) and buildings/scenery/terrain (example: PrintableScenery) for board games, RPG games, tabletop wargames and of course, computer games, I was wondering whether there are any sites dedicated to the exchange of the respective .obj, .stl and .vrml files. If the «usual suspects» (individuals or release groups) can get their hands on the digital files that game companies sculpt in Mari/Modo/Mudbox/ZBrush or AutoCAD/Rhino/SolidWorks et al for their titles, or on the files that people sell on Shapeways and similar platforms, it would be fantastic to obtain access to those digital creations. This will help to learn using the respective software programs, but also allows to modify them according to one's personal taste and create one's own characters in games and armies on 3D printers.

Are there places where the respective .obj, .stl, .vrml, etc., files are exchanged? Would anybody happen to know of communities where one can download digital 3D sculpts without a requirement to express one's preference by means of a monetary equivalent? Preferably torrents, but in the worst case, blogs and forums that use file sharing servers ą la RapidShare are better than nothing.

Thank you for your attention and have a pleasant afternoon.
    [MENTION=148994]QuiPeccavit[/MENTION] With 3d printing, good luck. ot's still relitevely new and trackers are not into this norm. However some have appeared and mainly these are on public trackers like TPB or KAT. Though IPT may have some, but these trackers are for design and templates, you could try these, they're an asset to have anyways. :D

Weboasis for templates. or cgpeers & gfxnews

Comment

File Libraries for digital 3D Sculptors

It's a start, although more focused on traditional 2D painting.

One should think that the companies that produce 3D sculpting and painting software would offer libraries with crash test dummies, mannequins and example models, so that customers have a starting point and basis of say, people, that they can then modify and adapt to their own needs and purposes. I know that something like that exists, it is just difficult to find a location to obtain those dummy libraries from.

If you ever come across those places, don't hesitate to let me know. In the meantime, thank you very much for your kind support and have a splendid evening.
      Last edited by Shadowbuild; July 6, 2016, 11:44 PM. Reason: non-English comment removed from post

Comment

recommended page

Hey buddy. Well, I used this Archivos STL gratis y disenos 3D / modelos 3D para imprimir | All3DP and it worked for me. But I'm also looking for another one with a little more up-to-date models. All it has to do with 3D models for me is a universe to discover. I have a website where I have a variety of 3dModels, which I would like you to visualize and also share your opinions with me friend: Search free 3d models for 3d printing & 3d design - STLFinder
        Last edited by 3dModels; May 8, 2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

But what about 2d design? Who can help me with label printing, guys?

Comment

And I thought that you could try to search the internet for some sites for freelancers, where you can hire someone to work as an outsourcer. However, the most important thing in this task will not be to find a person, but to choose a good color label printers. For me, this was the most problematic topic, which I easily solved thanks to this site.

Comment

Working...
            X