Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OVH Seedbox not seeding/leeching

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OVH Seedbox not seeding/leeching

    I got this seedbox from OVH and it was working fine till i restarted rtorrent because i felt it was a bit slow. To my amaze when I went to the webui nothing was uploading/downloading. ive changed ports from 50000-6000 to any imaginable number, below 70000 of course. And still the same issue. "sometimees" after restarting it 800 times it picks up, slow speed and then i get the little icon of port closed.

    What the heck is going on? can someone help me please?


  • #2
    Originally posted by TrenxT View Post
    I got this seedbox from OVH and it was working fine till i restarted rtorrent because i felt it was a bit slow. To my amaze when I went to the webui nothing was uploading/downloading. ive changed ports from 50000-6000 to any imaginable number, below 70000 of course. And still the same issue. "sometimees" after restarting it 800 times it picks up, slow speed and then i get the little icon of port closed.

    What the heck is going on? can someone help me please?

    Have you filed a ticket with your seedbox provider? This would be the first direct thing you should do on this specific problem since they host your files & your settings unless this direct access ftp. How long has this issue been going on?

    Comment


    • #3
      Just happened today. The reseller is out of business ATM because of an accident the owner sustained BUT its a dedicated unmanaged server so they have nothing to do with it really.

      Comment


      • #4
        im going crazy please someone help me..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TrenxT View Post
          im going crazy please someone help me..
          Do you have access to the underlying operating system?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bl4d3hun73r View Post
            Do you have access to the underlying operating system?
            Yes I am root

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TrenxT View Post
              Yes I am root
              Then use iptables and open whatever port you would like.

              Comment


              • #8
                port is open thats not the issue... now when i restart rtorrent. takes like 10 minutes for it to start seeding/leeching but the speed is awful... and when i do it on deluge the speed is fine. what can be happening?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TrenxT View Post
                  port is open thats not the issue... now when i restart rtorrent. takes like 10 minutes for it to start seeding/leeching but the speed is awful... and when i do it on deluge the speed is fine. what can be happening?
                  The deluge client has always been slightly faster than the rtorrent client for seedboxes, usually. Rtorrent is just way more easier to work with. If the box is working, but speeds are slower, does your provider at all have control of the box? I would assume they have control at least with speeds on their network, if they're out of business, eventually their service will be all but gone. Can you remember when this first started and what did you notice at the start? Or was it all just sudden?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lenin View Post
                    The deluge client has always been slightly faster than the rtorrent client for seedboxes, usually. Rtorrent is just way more easier to work with. If the box is working, but speeds are slower, does your provider at all have control of the box? I would assume they have control at least with speeds on their network, if they're out of business, eventually their service will be all but gone. Can you remember when this first started and what did you notice at the start? Or was it all just sudden?
                    The reseller has nothing to do with the server. They just acquired it from OVH because the owner has friends there. It is a 1gbps server. I am root. I noticed the speeds having issues yesterday. I restarted rtorrent and then the issue on the picture came. afrer many restarts and then waiting like 10 minutes everything started working again but the speeds are not the same, but when I use deluge the speeds are just fine. I wonder what could have happened

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TrenxT View Post
                      The reseller has nothing to do with the server. They just acquired it from OVH because the owner has friends there. It is a 1gbps server. I am root. I noticed the speeds having issues yesterday. I restarted rtorrent and then the issue on the picture came. afrer many restarts and then waiting like 10 minutes everything started working again but the speeds are not the same, but when I use deluge the speeds are just fine. I wonder what could have happened
                      The reason with these are due to either an upgrade needed for the client, the client is just slow, it most def could be a port issue, even if the port is working, some ports may not be too keen. When you mean my speeds are not the same, do you mean by upload or download, both? If it's upload, those files need leechers to see any amount of pickup. Apologies if i can't really help, but like to help as best as I can to get you well on your way. :D

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lenin View Post
                        The reason with these are due to either an upgrade needed for the client, the client is just slow, it most def could be a port issue, even if the port is working, some ports may not be too keen. When you mean my speeds are not the same, do you mean by upload or download, both? If it's upload, those files need leechers to see any amount of pickup. Apologies if i can't really help, but like to help as best as I can to get you well on your way. :D
                        Its both. On another seedbox I download the same torrent from a private tracker and goes twice as fast. I understand the uploads part because that depends on the leechers and that and the fact that I have 2 boxes serving the same torrents but it was NEVER this slow on this one. it was basically at par with the other.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi TrenxT,

                          There could be a number if reasons for torrent slowing , A few things to consider would be

                          Isp throttling
                          Cpu Usage
                          RAM allocation
                          Ports not being fully open
                          Throttling and incorrect settings in rtorrent ( If your getting 10MB/s its likely that your configured for 100mbps )
                          If you use nginx and/or apache that they're configured correctly
                          Data loss / Corruption in from forced restarts





                          Last edited by SUpper; May 28, 2016, 05:34 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SUpper View Post
                            Hi TrenxT,

                            There could be a number if reasons for torrent slowing , A few things to consider would be

                            Isp throttling
                            Cpu Usage
                            RAM allocation
                            Ports not being fully open
                            Throttling and incorrect settings in rtorrent ( If your getting 10MB/s its likely that your configured for 100mbps )
                            If you use nginx and/or apache that they're configured correctly
                            Data loss / Corruption in from forced restarts
                            Cpu usage is very minimal, Ram is not the issue I have 32gb and i allocated only 8gb in rtorrent.rc
                            Port says they are open
                            apache is properly configured. I have no data loss or corruption. this happened in a blink of an eye... there must be something I/ we are missing.



                            [/QUOTE]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TrenxT View Post
                              Cpu usage is very minimal, Ram is not the issue I have 32gb and i allocated only 8gb in rtorrent.rc
                              Port says they are open
                              apache is properly configured. I have no data loss or corruption. this happened in a blink of an eye... there must be something I/ we are missing.

                              With my limited knowledge is little more i could suggest, Other than If you are using a notos based script you could try replacing/restoring the .rtorrent.rc This an optimized version of the rTorrent configuration file. ยท GitHub

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X