Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like button?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Like button?

    Sorry if I am being really stupid but I have searched the forums and while members talk about a 'like' button for posts I cannot find one. Is this because my intro has yet to be approved ?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Zildon View Post
    Sorry if I am being really stupid but I have searched the forums and while members talk about a 'like' button for posts I cannot find one. Is this because my intro has yet to be approved ?
    My intro has been approved for quite some time now, but I don't see any LIKE button either.
    Maybe you mean the REPUTATION button?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Zildon View Post
      Sorry if I am being really stupid but I have searched the forums and while members talk about a 'like' button for posts I cannot find one. Is this because my intro has yet to be approved ?
      Originally posted by bl4d3hun73r View Post
      My intro has been approved for quite some time now, but I don't see any LIKE button either.
      Maybe you mean the REPUTATION button?



      On the lower left hand side, you can can click like, but you cannot unlike it afterwards. Sometimes this may bug out and you won't see the option. (Not always can you like something due to this bug. Hope this helps guys



      Comment


      • #4
        I have tried different browsers but still cant see the like button. I was wondering if it was just me. Thanks for letting me know about the bug.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bl4d3hun73r View Post
          My intro has been approved for quite some time now, but I don't see any LIKE button either.
          Maybe you mean the REPUTATION button?
          Just noticed that my reply to you did not go through. Just wanted to say thanks for your help. At least we highlighted a bug in case anyone else was wondering where thier LIKE button was.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zildon View Post
            I have tried different browsers but still cant see the like button. I was wondering if it was just me. Thanks for letting me know about the bug.

            Do you happen to have any adblock software? You should only have adblock and adblock plus, if you have one like adguard adblocker, it can make it so some images do not show, they're blocked by the plugin(It's auto set to block everything). So turn these off one by one and see if this fixes it for you. :)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lenin View Post
              Do you happen to have any adblock software? You should only have adblock and adblock plus, if you have one like adguard adblocker, it can make it so some images do not show, they're blocked by the plugin(It's auto set to block everything). So turn these off one by one and see if this fixes it for you. :)
              I thought that might be the case. I was using Opera that has its own built in adblocker so I tried Firefox. I have adblocker plus but turned that off for torrentinvites but that did not work either. I have just used Edge as I don't normally use it so it should be clear of any such programme but the LIKE button is still elusive.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Zildon View Post
                I thought that might be the case. I was using Opera that has its own built in adblocker so I tried Firefox. I have adblocker plus but turned that off for torrentinvites but that did not work either. I have just used Edge as I don't normally use it so it should be clear of any such programme but the LIKE button is still elusive.
                As I'm not a windows 10 user, were you able to resolve this or does windows 10 have a built in adblocker? Or did you mean it's still gone? Try browsing a different thread and see if it's still gone, tryr at least 3 pages. It def is either an adblocker or something on your computer. Perhaps an antivirus setting.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lenin View Post
                  As I'm not a windows 10 user, were you able to resolve this or does windows 10 have a built in adblocker? Or did you mean it's still gone? Try browsing a different thread and see if it's still gone, tryr at least 3 pages. It def is either an adblocker or something on your computer. Perhaps an antivirus setting.
                  Thanks, turned off malwarebytes but still not seeing the LIKE button. I will dig a little bit into Windows 10 settings to see if I can solve this. I will also access from a windows 7 pc tomorrow (although this will mean I access from another IP). But now I am, off to bed as it is getting late here. I will keep you posted. Good night.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zildon View Post
                    Thanks, turned off malwarebytes but still not seeing the LIKE button. I will dig a little bit into Windows 10 settings to see if I can solve this. I will also access from a windows 7 pc tomorrow (although this will mean I access from another IP). But now I am, off to bed as it is getting late here. I will keep you posted. Good night.
                    I'm sorry to hear that didn't work, yeah do a little digging and let us know when you find this little bug :P. As long as that Windows 7 PC is accessed from the same household IP that you reside at, there's no problem. I would prob double check with a mod on that one. I'm not sure with cell phones though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zildon View Post
                      Thanks, turned off malwarebytes but still not seeing the LIKE button. I will dig a little bit into Windows 10 settings to see if I can solve this. I will also access from a windows 7 pc tomorrow (although this will mean I access from another IP). But now I am, off to bed as it is getting late here. I will keep you posted. Good night.
                      Just thought I can borrow a laptop from work that has windows 7 and use it from home therefore I will not access this website from a different IP address.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I do see the button now. I haven't noticed it before. It is under the post and is not being shown for the first and the last post in my case.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bl4d3hun73r View Post
                          I do see the button now. I haven't noticed it before. It is under the post and is not being shown for the first and the last post in my case.
                          The first and last post shows only when someone responds after those posts, but again, it may error out and not have an option to like, which is uncommon.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zildon View Post
                            Just thought I can borrow a laptop from work that has windows 7 and use it from home therefore I will not access this website from a different IP address.
                            Hi Lenin, am on a windows 7 on a laptop with no adblocker and still am not able to see the LIKE button. The only thing I can think of is looking to see if there is any sort of restriction in my router's settings.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Zildon View Post
                              Hi Lenin, am on a windows 7 on a laptop with no adblocker and still am not able to see the LIKE button. The only thing I can think of is looking to see if there is any sort of restriction in my router's settings.
                              I would def do that and see, it's just a like feature, if you access everything but the like, then def something is off. See if you can get it resolved, it may just be something about social media.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X