Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

microsoft edge problem with torrent-invites

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • microsoft edge problem with torrent-invites

    when I use Microsoft edge, I can't write anything in the forum. can you guys fix this?


    look, try using a Microsoft edge in writinga post. you can't.

  • #2
    Originally posted by edge24 View Post
    when I use Microsoft edge, I can't write anything in the forum. can you guys fix this?


    look, try using a Microsoft edge in writinga post. you can't.
    Instead, why not ask Microsoft to meet web standards like any other browser should? If you were to use a real browser, like Firefox for example, then you would have no issues at all.

    It just seems rather short sighted on your part to expect T-I to cater to your browser preference, and one made in bad taste at that, when you can just use one that already works perfectly here.

    Comment


    • #3
      this might be an issue with Microsoft and the word torrent I suggest that you just avoid this browser for all torrent related matters
      only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

      Comment


      • #4
        If the OP is using Windows Mobile 10, the only browser available is Edge. That said, Edge is by some measures the most standards compliant browser available. Unfortunately, because it is new and the market share is very small, nothing takes its quirks into account yet.

        I agree that if possible (e.g. on a desktop/laptop) another browser should be used. If you can't, try changing the Desktop/Mobile page preferences in the browser to see if that improves matters.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Clarissa View Post
          If the OP is using Windows Mobile 10, the only browser available is Edge. That said, Edge is by some measures the most standards compliant browser available. Unfortunately, because it is new and the market share is very small, nothing takes its quirks into account yet.

          I agree that if possible (e.g. on a desktop/laptop) another browser should be used. If you can't, try changing the Desktop/Mobile page preferences in the browser to see if that improves matters.
          If you choose any computing platform that only supports one browser, then you're limiting yourself. Foresight is key when choosing any type of service. People who know choose Android.

          Are you saying that it is more standard compliant than FF? Any sane person knows that to be false. It shouldn't be up to anyone to make their site work with an oddball browser made by greedy subhumans.

          Finally... as mobile-friendly as the computing world is today, it's still, and likely will remain, not the greatest medium at all for anything torrent related. Apparently even just websites about torrents, like T-I, might even not run well.

          Comment


          • #6
            That's just trolling and I would have expected better of you. Remember that as a Staff Member here, you set the tone for everyone else.

            If you want me to make a proper rebuttal, I suspect this is not the place as it won't be relevant to assisting the OP. By all means start a thread in off-topic and I would be delighted to discuss it with you there.

            (By the way, isn't it you that should be suggesting this kind of thing?)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Clarissa View Post
              That's just trolling and I would have expected better of you. Remember that as a Staff Member here, you set the tone for everyone else.

              If you want me to make a proper rebuttal, I suspect this is not the place as it won't be relevant to assisting the OP. By all means start a thread in off-topic and I would be delighted to discuss it with you there.

              (By the way, isn't it you that should be suggesting this kind of thing?)
              What one considers trolling, another considers truth. If you think telling the truth is trolling, then we simply don't live in the same reality, and there is no point of continuing any conversation.

              I find your views rarely break the surface of anything, and your thinking is quite mainstream.

              As for this users issues, well, even a site admin doesn't see a need to help, and for valid reasons. This site, and the entire torrent world, have standards, and someone using edge isn't meeting them.

              Anything I have written here is done in the spirit of helping someone see the light, not to be rude or troll in any manner. Don't mistake forthrightness as aggression. A lot of people do.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Clarissa View Post
                That's just trolling and I would have expected better of you. Remember that as a Staff Member here, you set the tone for everyone else.

                If you want me to make a proper rebuttal, I suspect this is not the place as it won't be relevant to assisting the OP.)
                The only Staff Member that had posted in this thread was me. As to your comment that further back and forth between you 2 would not help the OP I could not agree more.

                OP is not obligated to use edge to surf this Forum and has a choice to change browser for him/her to claim that T-I must be tweaked to meet the browser conformance is ridiculous and it was already said. There is really nothing more to discuss on this thread as this is not an everyday occurrence. I use a different browser for T-I and have done so for Years so he can also do so.
                only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

                Comment

                Working...
                X