Am I Being a bit TOO "Paranoid"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Being a bit TOO "Paranoid"?

Hey guys, for the past few days I have been doing a TON of Research in regards to buying/paying for a SeedBox, ANONYMOUSLY, and it's been HELL ! The other day, I had purchased and put $50.00+ on a PREPAID Card only for PayPal to "decline" me adding it , LOL!

Then, I have been doing a ton of research on BitCoin but even THAT has its "hassles", too, when it comes to buying them using Debit/Prepaid Cards and so on...

All in all, I wanted to know how many of YOU use -PayPal- to pay for your SeedBoxes every month and whether (or not) you feel "safe" (from the "alphabet" agencies) DOING that? Maybe I am OVER-thinking everything (as PayPal IS the easier option for most folks)...

Bitcoins would be the best process to remain anonymously while purchasing anything online. If you are truly that paranoid why not get a re-seller who does not requires validation of credentials. One I can think of would be seedroots.com
    only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowbuild View Post
      Bitcoins would be the best process to remain anonymously while purchasing anything online. If you are truly that paranoid why not get a re-seller who does not requires validation of credentials. One I can think of would be seedroots.com
      THANKS for the reply, Boss!

BTW, I went on the website, SB, and I still see that they require PAYPAL as a payment gateway .

Just to let you know, the Seedbox provider that I feel is the BEST fit for me (based off of research and so on) is actually:

"RapidSeedbox"

...just so you know.

Do THEY require the "validation of credentials" though (if you know)?

Comment

Originally posted by elramiro View Post
        THANKS for the reply, Boss!

BTW, I went on the website, SB, and I still see that they require PAYPAL as a payment gateway .

Just to let you know, the Seedbox provider that I feel is the BEST fit for me (based off of research and so on) is actually:

"RapidSeedbox"

...just so you know.

Do THEY require the "validation of credentials" though (if you know)?

I don't recall specifically if seedroots allows Bitcoin, so maybe SB can answer that. I do know, however, that PulsedMedia accepts Bitcoin. If you wanted to test their service for a week, I have a dedicated box split into slots that I give out to people. Check out my seedbox giveaway thread if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by DroppingDeuces View Post
          I don't recall specifically if seedroots allows Bitcoin,.
          Seedroots does takes bitcoins and you can pay via credit card so PayPal is not the only form of payment. As far as rapid seedbox goes I am not sure as I have never tried services
          only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

There is no reason to be paranoid, bitcoins are safe to use and they are hassle free.

Comment

THANKS for all of the replies and guidance, guys!

Last but not least, what's the EASIEST way to GET into the BitCoin arena?

After all, I only need about "0.12 BTC" for the seedbox service (to pay for 3 months/Quarterly service) ...

Comment

You can try to purchase bitcoins from exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by 0V_V0 View Post
                  You can try to purchase bitcoins from exchanges.
                  Which one(s) do you recommend, boss?

Comment

Originally posted by elramiro View Post
                    Which one(s) do you recommend, boss?
                    Bitstamp
                    Bitfinex
                    Coinbase
                    BTC-E

Comment

no reason to be paranoid buddy!

Comment

You would be fine using paypal but I use bitcoin to make my payments.

To get bitcoins you need to be signed up on an exchange like a user pointed out but there are other means to acquire coins for the casual users. Local bitcoin might be your best bet, you have options such as meeting in person and giving them cash, using PayPal and some accept credit cards I think. But using local bitcoin there will be the highest markup on the coins vs a exchange where you pay 1% exchange fees.

Most seedbox companys could give 2 shit about what personal info you type in the form as long as they get paid, if they do I would go elsewhere. I use seedbox.io great company and pay with bitcoins.

Comment

Just because someone is watching you doesn't mean that you're paranoid.

Comment

I was actually just looking into this, and you can also obtain bitcoins from a bitcoin ATM if you have one near you... My plan was to buy a prepaid visa gift card, and swipe it in the bitcoin atm :).

Comment

bitcoins would def be the best way to stay anonymous, like the previous poster said, you can get them from a bitcoin ATM.

Comment

Working...
                              X