Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't add large torrents to dediseedbox

Hello,

I have a seedbox with dediseedbox. I have asked their tech support for help but so far none of their ideas have worked. I am unable to add large torrent files to rutorrent. These are torrent files that are over 1.2mb in size. I have tried uploading them directly to rutorrent, magent links and using a watch folder. Rutorrent says the torrent is added but it never shows on my list. I very much appericate any ideas you have. Thanks

Try again download same torrent files from tracker (maybe files are corrupted or damaged), then again upload these torrents to rtorrent watch folder and they will start downloading .....

Comment

I have downloaded the same file several times and it still won't add. Dediseedbox tech support said that torrent files that are over 1.2mb often won't add to rutorrent. They said the person who made the torrent shouldnt have made it bigger than 1mb. When u say add to watch folder do u mean using the web interface or by ftp?

Comment

Check server's errors log for details.

Configure your web-server by the normal way. For example, increase upload_max_filesize limit for php etc.

Use down arrow key and get the * to get in front of the torrent
        Check rtorrent restriction - it can't process XMLRPC packets > 2M. As result, .torrent must be < ~1.5M (we have a base64 encoding).
        If you have larger .torrent - use rtorrent's watch directory for load it. See if it works

Update software packages

Check .rtorrent.rc configuration file:
        For example:

schedule = watch_directory_1,10,10,"load=/home/nameofuser/Torrents/nameofafolder/*.torrent"
        schedule =

watch_directory_2,10,10,"load_start=/home/nameofuser/Torrents/anotherfoldername/*.torrent,d.set_directory=/

media/externaldrive/Music/"

The first line tells rtorrent to add a torrent, without starting it, once the torrent file has been put in

the folder "nameofafolder" (rtorrent will be checking this folder for new torrent files periodically).
        The second line tells rtorrent to add a torrent, and to start it automatically, once the torrent file has

been put in the folder "anotherfoldername", and that the downloaded files should be put in

"/media/externaldrive/Music/".

Comment

Thank you for the information. As someone who is only renting space on a seedbox are these areas I would normally have access too? I apologize for asking noob questions. Until this time the only thing I have had to do with my seedbox is uploading torrents and download files. I have not run into a complex issue like this before.

Comment

Originally posted by Barona View Post
            I have downloaded the same file several times and it still won't add. Dediseedbox tech support said that torrent files that are over 1.2mb often won't add to rutorrent. They said the person who made the torrent shouldnt have made it bigger than 1mb. When u say add to watch folder do u mean using the web interface or by ftp?
            Add by ftp, I use FileZilla to connect to seedbox ......

Comment

Originally posted by Macadod View Post
              Check server's errors log for details.

Configure your web-server by the normal way. For example, increase upload_max_filesize limit for php etc.

Use down arrow key and get the * to get in front of the torrent
              Check rtorrent restriction - it can't process XMLRPC packets > 2M. As result, .torrent must be < ~1.5M (we have a base64 encoding).
              If you have larger .torrent - use rtorrent's watch directory for load it. See if it works

Update software packages

Check .rtorrent.rc configuration file:
              For example:

schedule = watch_directory_1,10,10,"load=/home/nameofuser/Torrents/nameofafolder/*.torrent"
              schedule =

watch_directory_2,10,10,"load_start=/home/nameofuser/Torrents/anotherfoldername/*.torrent,d.set_directory=/

media/externaldrive/Music/"

The first line tells rtorrent to add a torrent, without starting it, once the torrent file has been put in

the folder "nameofafolder" (rtorrent will be checking this folder for new torrent files periodically).
              The second line tells rtorrent to add a torrent, and to start it automatically, once the torrent file has

been put in the folder "anotherfoldername", and that the downloaded files should be put in

"/media/externaldrive/Music/".
              Do you know if these are changes I can make as a renter of a seedbox? I don't know if editing the config file is something I would have access to.

Comment

If you don't have full Root access on renter then I would suggest contacting the respective support department

Comment

Originally posted by Macadod View Post
                  If you don't have full Root access on renter then I would suggest contacting the respective support department
                  I don't think I have root access. I have been going back and forth with tech support. They seemed to be helpful at first but now seem to be throwing up their hands as if I should just live with the problem. I will pass on the edit config file idea. Thanks so much for everyone's help here in this forum.

Comment

No problem , you are welcome

Comment

Does anyone know if there is another seedbox company that can handle large torrent files (1.5mb) and over? I saw seedbox company offering Deluge, Utorrent and Rutorrent. I am currently subscribed to one running rutorrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Barona View Post
                        Does anyone know if there is another seedbox company that can handle large torrent files (1.5mb) and over? I saw seedbox company offering Deluge, Utorrent and Rutorrent. I am currently subscribed to one running rutorrent.
                        feralhosting.com can handle large torrents. Sometimes I've had to manually upload a large torrent to ~/private/rtorrent/watch to load it, though. Any torrent put there will start downloading in seconds. Apparently sometimes the torrent is too big for the rutorrent GUI to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by inviteknight View Post
                          feralhosting.com can handle large torrents. Sometimes I've had to manually upload a large torrent to ~/private/rtorrent/watch to load it, though. Any torrent put there will start downloading in seconds. Apparently sometimes the torrent is too big for the rutorrent GUI to handle.
                          I will look into feral. Thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

Hmm, not sure if it is the size that is the issue.

But for me, I noticed the same issue yesterday with a large torrent. This was on "cheap seedbox". I tried several times but no luck. I have uploaded torrents the same size for different trackers.

I tried and gave up after a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X