Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some VPNs that I can use to torrent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some VPNs that I can use to torrent?

I don't have money to pay for it so I would either have to pirate it or use a free one. Obviously I don't want one that keeps logs or leaks information. TY

Free VPNs are not a good idea, and they are specially a bad idea for private torrent sites (you will definitely get banned in a lot of them). As for a paid VPN with a dedicated IP address, it depends on the tracker. Usually if you ask the staff they should say yes but some sites will say no.

Comment

Yea I wasn't really expecting there to be a free VPN that was good. Where do I get the Paid VPNs though? I have no problem asking staff for permission.

Comment

I'm currently using Astrill and I'm pretty happy with it but I don't know if I would buy it if they didn't focus their service for the country I live in. They are expensive.

There are a load of VPN services on the market. The thing you need to think about with a VPN and private trackers is many trackers are OKAY to use a VPN ONLY if you have a dedicated IP. If you don't have one, they will not be friendly to VPNs. (Again you need to talk to the staff to confirm, but because of where I live at the moment, most staff I've spoken too say a dedicated IP VPN is okay).

Comment

I've used Private Internet Access VPN for the past 2 years and I'm happy with their service. I haven't run into any problems. And for $40/year, it is certainly worth the peace of mind.

They offer VPN kill switch and compatibility with other platforms (like my android). You can also choose from servers in >20 locations.

I cannot say much about any other VPN service simply because I have never bothered to try other options.

Comment

It looks like my only option is to actually save to buy a VPN. I know PIA is good, I'll probably go with that.

Comment

Just as a note, some seedboxes offer VPN too. Seedboxes.cc offers VPN along with others like seedhost.eu. This might be another option.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherweight View Post
                I don't have money to pay for it so I would either have to pirate it or use a free one. Obviously I don't want one that keeps logs or leaks information. TY
                Seedboxes.cc - Quality and affordable seedbox with premium bandwidth you can get the cheapest slot with fast Gbps speeds and 4-5 different vpn locations. You can also opt to get a cheap dedicated server and install openvpn and use that to browse online anonymously since you'll be the only one using it. Kimsufi: affordable dedicated server!

I'd stay away from free VPN services because they could pose threats to malware and you won't know for certain if your traffic is routed anonymously.

Comment

Here's a list of some VPNs: Which VPN Services Take Your Anonymity Seriously? 2015 Edition - TorrentFreak

And yes, you will need to get one with a dedicated IP address.

Seedbox can be an alternative, and you can download via SFTP. That way your ISP will be able to see which sites you visited (including the torrents sites) but they won't be able to see what you are downloading, as they are first downloaded to your seedbox and transferred to your computer via an encrypted connection (Secure FTP). With VPNs, all your traffic will be encrypted but you will need to keep your machine always on yourself if you want to keep seeding, while the seedbox provider will take care of this for you if you go with a seedbox instead, It's your choice to make.

Comment

Originally posted by achls View Post
                    Here's a list of some VPNs: Which VPN Services Take Your Anonymity Seriously? 2015 Edition - TorrentFreak

And yes, you will need to get one with a dedicated IP address.

Seedbox can be an alternative, and you can download via SFTP. That way your ISP will be able to see which sites you visited (including the torrents sites) but they won't be able to see what you are downloading, as they are first downloaded to your seedbox and transferred to your computer via an encrypted connection (Secure FTP). With VPNs, all your traffic will be encrypted but you will need to keep your machine always on yourself if you want to keep seeding, while the seedbox provider will take care of this for you if you go with a seedbox instead, It's your choice to make.
                    Thank you this is very helpful! I just started with a seedbox and this really helps clarify things.

Comment

Yea I used to use seedboxes.cc but i don't know if they kept logs or not.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrinadestiny
                        Or what about PureVPN lifetime subscription at $69? PIA has some speed issue and also limited servers around the world
                        Can you post a link? I can't find their lifetime deal

Do they keep logs?

Comment

Originally posted by sabrinadestiny
                          Nah.. i read that they have zero log policy. Here is their life time subscription deal PureVPN: Lifetime Subscription | StackSocial
                          Cool thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X