Uninstall Rtorrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall Rtorrent

I messed up my rtorrent competely. first by updating ubuntu to another version the updating rtorrent from 0.9.3 to 0.9.6... There are erros left and right. I do not wish to start correcting them. I waant to completely remove rtorrent which now i see both versions there. How to do so?

thanks.

Originally posted by TrenxT View Post
    I messed up my rtorrent competely. first by updating ubuntu to another version the updating rtorrent from 0.9.3 to 0.9.6... There are erros left and right. I do not wish to start correcting them. I waant to completely remove rtorrent which now i see both versions there. How to do so?

thanks.
    If you are using seedbox, you should be able to go to Settings >> Change Torrent Client nav >> Re-install

Comment

Nop it is a dedicated server.

Comment

Are you sure the "rtorrent" package is the problem? as seedboxes use more than just that.

Basic command::

Apt-get remove [package]

Uninstall just rtorrent
        Code:
        sudo apt-get remove rtorrent
        This will remove just the rtorrent package itself.

Uninstall rtorrent and it's dependencies
        Code:
        sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove rtorrent
        This will remove the rtorrent package and any other dependant packages which are no longer needed.

Purging your config/data too
        If you also want to delete your local/config files for rtorrent then this will work.

###Caution! Purged config/data can not be restored by reinstalling the package.!!###
        Code:
        sudo apt-get purge rtorrent
        Or similarly,
        Code:
        sudo apt-get purge --auto-remove rtorrent
        Last edited by SUpper; December 31, 2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X