Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing Deluge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Installing Deluge

    Are there any updated tutorials out there that can help me setup deluge? Everything seems out of date, broken links and in scripts. Even delug website does not tell you how to install.

    I just want to install it step by step.

    Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by lucabrassi View Post
    Are there any updated tutorials out there that can help me setup deluge? Everything seems out of date, broken links and in scripts. Even delug website does not tell you how to install.

    I just want to install it step by step.

    Thanks
    Well, I don't know how you expect us to help you without telling us what OS you're using?

    Comment


    • #3
      It's a pretty straight forward "click next" setup, at least on windows. On Linux it is obviously different.

      When you do get it installed make sure to add the labels plugin, it makes managing the torrents / trackers much easier and more efficient.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pofo14 View Post
        It's a pretty straight forward "click next" setup, at least on windows. On Linux it is obviously different.
        Yes downloads are available for various operating systems, including different Linux distributions.

        On Mac OS X, you just have to open the disk image (.dmg file) and then drag the .app file to the Applications folder.

        When you do get it installed make sure to add the labels plugin, it makes managing the torrents / trackers much easier and more efficient.
        You don't need labels to differentiate torrents from different trackers though, but yes, labels can be helpful regardless.

        Comment


        • #5
          First of all make sure you are using the version of Deluge that is allowed on respective traacker site. Secondly on windows its pretty straight forward and on Linux its not hard either, linux family tree has desktop interface and that has installing and updating software its easy to locate that option and even with command interface through the terminal its easy, apt- command or search the web or the Linux family site that you are using they have all the commands. NOW that installation is done, you probably referring to configuring the Deluge. My recommendation is to use Port above 49,200 and make sure the port forwarding is enabled and working properly.


          Originally posted by achls View Post
          Yes downloads are available for various operating systems, including different Linux distributions.

          On Mac OS X, you just have to open the disk image (.dmg file) and then drag the .app file to the Applications folder.


          You don't need labels to differentiate torrents from different trackers though, but yes, labels can be helpful regardless.

          Comment


          • #6
            As others have pointed out, the install of Deluge depends on your operating system, but since you mentioned tutorials and scripts, I feel like you are trying to setup something like Sonarr or SickBeard or trying to do something else. What is it that you are trying to do, and if you are just trying to install the client, then what OS are you running. If your on linux, which distro?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lucabrassi View Post
              Are there any updated tutorials out there that can help me setup deluge? Everything seems out of date, broken links and in scripts. Even delug website does not tell you how to install.

              I just want to install it step by step.

              Thanks
              Windows : http://download.deluge-torrent.org/windows/?C=M;O=D

              Linux Ubuntu : Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu
              Debian : Debian -- Package Search Results -- deluge

              Or just use
              Code:
              apt-get install deluge
              Last edited by SUpper; January 10, 2016, 09:18 AM.

              Comment

              Working...
              X