Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to both forums and private tracking! Any help appreciated.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to both forums and private tracking! Any help appreciated.

So as the title says I am pretty new to forums in the sense that I have never been a member of one and I am new to private trackers all together. I understand the rules and how it operates but I am unclear on what the process I need to go through to actually be able to get an invite. Sadly although I have been using torrents for years it is only recently in the wake of most torrent sites going the way of previous P2P methods that I have been looking into better, faster and safer ways to get my files. Because of this I do not know a great deal about this whole thing and do not know what value I could be to a community like this that would warrant me getting an invite. Any guidance or help is greatly appreciated.

If you're looking to get an invite from someone, they usually require a ratio proof. im assuming you don't have one since you're new to private tracker. My advice would be join an open private tracker (which you can find plenty in this forum) and get your ratio proof there. Inviters usually look at your overall ratio and overlook your upload/download. Most private trackers will give you upload points so you basically begin with a positive ratio and can use this to apply for invites.

Comment

So, first of all, welcome to T-I.

You'll come to learn how much private trackers are better than public ones, as the torrents are better maintained and somewhat more diverse. Some communities are really nice to talk to and really encourage you to do the same.

You might want to read these: How to be a newbie in TI and How to earn your rep and be an asset to the community. These threads are really helpful for new T-I users.

If you don't have one, you might want to look for seedboxes. While not really necessary to have, they are a real help to get better ratios on some trackers. I advise you to wait maybe a bit before acquiring a seedbox, as you should get some experience first with private trackers. Then, measure whether or not it is worth it for you to get one.

Now, getting into private trackers is not too difficult but you have to be patient. It might take some time for you to get to the trackers you will want to get into but, once you do, it will be more than worth it. So be patient and don't lose hope.

Comment

Originally posted by nanosounds View Post
        If you're looking to get an invite from someone, they usually require a ratio proof. im assuming you don't have one since you're new to private tracker. My advice would be join an open private tracker (which you can find plenty in this forum) and get your ratio proof there. Inviters usually look at your overall ratio and overlook your upload/download. Most private trackers will give you upload points so you basically begin with a positive ratio and can use this to apply for invites.
        I have the ratio proof that was included when i did my introduction. I am not sure if this is the same as what we are talking about .

Comment

Originally posted by shaidshinobi View Post
          I have the ratio proof that was included when i did my introduction. I am not sure if this is the same as what we are talking about .
          Ratio proofs are shown on the tracker's website. Once you're 10%, you'll find a sample of what's needed to apply for an invite (it's dummy friendly, so it's very easy to follow). Some inviters will ask for additional information just to weed out lazy ones who don't read, I would suggest looking at other memebers' proofs who successfully received an invite just so you have a sense of what's to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by shaidshinobi View Post
            Welcome to Torrent-Invites, and to the world of private torrent.

That is just the statistics of your torrent client, which is irrelevant to private torrent sites. Private torrent sites have better quality control, better seeded content, and sometimes stuff you can't find on public trackers too. However, you are also expected to give back and not just take. Usually that means maintaining a ratio (upload to download ratio). It basically means you need to have uploaded at least as much as you have downloaded.

I would recommend you check out the open trackers section first, and register on one (or a few) of them and read the rules/FAQs over there and try to maintain a good ratio. Over time, you will get the hang of it. You can always ask for help here if you get stuck. Good luck!

(And of course, you should read the rules at Torrent-Invites as well, and follow them too.)

Comment

As for as I understand you want to get in to Private Tracker world and you also want to be on safe side. Its easy just go to opentrackers.org you will find private trackers with open signup. Signup with the trackers and purchase a seedbox with VPN. Start your journey , TI is the best community for that purpose. Read, Learn and follow the rules.

Comment

Working...
              X