Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get Autodl-irssi for BCG to work for my life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get Autodl-irssi for BCG to work for my life...

I've been trying to configure my seedbox to work for my BCG account. I can't get it to save my life.

Bump

Comment

Well, maybe we could help you more if you told us what is your seedbox?

Also, avoid bumping threads, as it is against the rules and people will think you are already getting help (and will disregard your thread).

Comment

Originally posted by GreatCat View Post
        Well, maybe we could help you more if you told us what is your seedbox?

Also, avoid bumping threads, as it is against the rules and people will think you are already getting help (and will disregard your thread).
        I have my seedbox through Online.net, so it's a dedicated server that I've setup with ubuntu 14.04.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply but can you help explain what the problem is exactly? Maybe if you provided specific details (ie: logs, error messages, configuration files) we could help fix the problem.

Comment

@GusGus, I've got exactly the same problem. There is no tutorial on their site which is quite surprising for me...

I believe the problem is with IRC. This is my setting:

I've noticed that in you settings you are trying to connect to the waiting room channel, but shouldn't it be "#blackcats" isntead?

I found a thread on BCG forums of another user having problems with autodl-irssi, but in his case it was not working because he didn't fill in his passkey correctly. But at least he got the IRC part right:

Me, I don't get any message like that. Any idea?

Thanks for your help in advance.
            Last edited by churapita; August 29, 2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Hi, I'm not on BCG but I know what it is to get errors on autodl-irssi..

What you can do is try to join their channel "manually", via an IRC client. There, you'll have a specific error message that should help you figure out what was wrong with your setup.

Try this, you won't have to download anything: Kiwi IRC

Comment

@enz0: Thanks for your reply! I managed to get to their channel manually via mirc and didn't get any error message. It looks like that autodl-irssi is not working the same way...

Comment

Hey, so I got into BCG today and I managed to make autodl join the channel. Your IRC nickname must be the same one you use on their tracker.

After that I suppose the plugin should grab everything new but I'm not going to test that as I'm currently out of space.

Comment

Originally posted by enz0 View Post
                    Hey, so I got into BCG today and I managed to make autodl join the channel. Your IRC nickname must be the same one you use on their tracker.

After that I suppose the plugin should grab everything new but I'm not going to test that as I'm currently out of space.
                    I do have my IRC nickname same as on the tracker, so that's not the problem... But thank you anyway!

Comment

Damn. If your setup is exactly the same as mine shown in the picture, then I suggest you seek help directly on their forum or IRC! I wish I could help you.

Comment

i see your problem.. in the server address, you dont have irc. before blackcats

Comment

also, in some of them pics up there, your filters you got * on everything? u dont need all that mate, in the case of filters, especially since your obviosly trying to just download everything. is just on the first setup page, set you min and max file sizes of the release. and make sure you pick something for how many times a day/hour/week.. put 999 an hour if u dont care, but pick something. and on top of that same page, just put 1 * for match release section. make sure you pick what site you are downloading from with option match site.. nothing will download if you dont pick the right site..

less is sometimes more. theres a ton of tutorials for rutorrent/autodl_irssi just google for them..

slow down a little when you first setup each server, if your not familiar with irssi and how that chat client works, your going to have a hard time diagnosing your errors when u make little ones.. like misspelling a server address, or a port #...

happens to the best of us when we are in a rush.. take ur time mate, them sites arent going anywhere i promise =)

best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by misterwilleo View Post
                            i see your problem.. in the server address, you dont have irc. before blackcats
                            I've managed to make it work without it

But in churapita's case, the filter don't matter. If the server is setup correctly, he should get the "monitoring channel #blackcats" line.

Comment

Working...
                            X