Flashing a GPU bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing a GPU bios

Does anyone here know anything about flashing a gpu bios? I have two cards, one with a locked bios: Sapphire HD 7950 FleX OC Boost, and one without: Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X with Boost. I want two flash the "flex OC" to a "Dual-X" bios. I'm not sure where to find the bios, how to flash . The clock settings on both card are almost identical [email protected] & [email protected] and both are both Sapphire. Is there a big risk of bricking.

Edit: The flex is actually a vapor-x w/ boost
    Last edited by unilx; July 9, 2015, 03:18 PM.

I would ask the question on tomshardware if you haven't already. They're way better at that type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluttershy View Post
      I would ask the question on tomshardware if you haven't already. They're way better at that type of thing.
      agreed, is this a local card/box? Not something I would like to try on a colo/seedbox

Comment

I'd be dubious as the two cards have different physical attributes. Leaving aside the heat management side of things (different clock speeds and fan sizes/motors), there is a significant difference in output ports (1xDP vs. 2x mini-DP).

Comment

Originally posted by Clarissa View Post
          I'd be dubious as the two cards have different physical attributes. Leaving aside the heat management side of things (different clock speeds and fan sizes/motors), there is a significant difference in output ports (1xDP vs. 2x mini-DP).
          It's fine actually. People do it all the time. I'm just not sure how it's done properly. I've heard that as long as the core GPU matches the bios, it's fine. The OPs cards have the same AMD chip in both.

Comment

I figured it out, and I just realized both of my cards have dual bios, so I don't have to worry about bricking them. Thanks for all of the replies

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by unilx View Post
              I figured it out, and I just realized both of my cards have dual bios, so I don't have to worry about bricking them.
              Now that's handy. Let us know how you get on...

Comment

Doesn't matter anymore, I bought a 970

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here you go all info and utility you need.

Guide to Video BIOS flashing | techPowerUp

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1...s-nvflash.html

Comment

Working...
                  X