BTN getting DMCA notices too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTN getting DMCA notices too?

How did this happen? Thought BTN torrent site was secure and invite only?

How many more are coming?

http://prntscr.com/6xu2zs
    http://prntscr.com/6xu297

Should i stop using the site from now on to be safe?

I can be wrong, but this is my opinion.

It doesn't matter which tracker, all trackers can lead to a DMCA notice.

The only reason this happened is because of the GOT leaks and the file name was so similar / the same.

sigpic

Comment

Looks like the problem has been taken care of.

Last edited by recyclebin; April 25, 2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I wish for all these IPT fuckers to get arrested for the way they manage their tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshalYen View Post
          I wish for all these IPT fuckers to get arrested for the way they manage their tracker.
          I, too, am not a fan of IPT, but may inquire how you came to the conclusion that this has anything to do with them?
          My Giveaways My Requests
          None None

|
          |
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
          |
          |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
          would fuck a person in the ass
          and not even have the godda*n
          common courtesy to give him a
          reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
          '
          |
          |
          |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |
          |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

Originally posted by ThaJay View Post
            I, too, am not a fan of IPT, but may inquire how you came to the conclusion that this has anything to do with them?

I don't know if they have anything to do with this but they are evidently the arch rivals of BTN with peerstealing and DDoSing BTN in the past. There was a shitstorm at IPT and on reddit (and at some other trackers) regarding the DMCA letters IPT users got for downloading GoT. IPT staff, instead of discussing the matter, felt it was wiser to ban the loud users and closig threads. They obviously couldn't handle the situation so there is a high possibility that they wanted their rivals to get into the same trouble which would be easy with peer stealing. Of course that last part is my opinion and I don't have evidence (though I'm not the only one who thinks like that).

Comment

Originally posted by MarshalYen View Post
              I don't know if they have anything to do with this but they are evidently the arch rivals of BTN with peerstealing and DDoSing BTN in the past. There was a shitstorm at IPT and on reddit (and at some other trackers) regarding the DMCA letters IPT users got for downloading GoT. IPT staff, instead of discussing the matter, felt it was wiser to ban the loud users and closig threads. They obviously couldn't handle the situation so there is a high possibility that they wanted their rivals to get into the same trouble which would be easy with peer stealing. Of course that last part is my opinion and I don't have evidence (though I'm not the only one who thinks like that).
              Alright, thanks for the explanation.
              I, personally, don't blame anyone for this. Pirating is not safe and never will be. That's a risk you will have to take.
              My Giveaways My Requests
              None None

|
              |
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
              |
              |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
              would fuck a person in the ass
              and not even have the godda*n
              common courtesy to give him a
              reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
              '
              |
              |
              |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              |
              |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

Originally posted by ThaJay View Post
                Alright, thanks for the explanation.
                I, personally, don't blame anyone for this. Pirating is not safe and never will be. That's a risk you will have to take.
                I download only Bluray encodes, no HDTV or web-dl so I'll never be in trouble when it comes to airing shows. I'm not one of the users which got a letter so this is not why I posted here. If users of a tracker get into trouble because of shady actions of another tracker, I wouldn't exactly say that this is a risk you have to take (like I said, I don't know if this is true). These kind of things shouldn't happen and has nothing to do with pirating risk.

Of course I know what you want to say and I'm with you on that. Pirating is never safe and if you download new and airing TV shows or new movies which are shown in cinemas the chances are even higher to get into trouble. If you are frightened about that, don't download anything. I'm just saying that there are risks that shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hearts View Post
                  I can be wrong, but this is my opinion.

It doesn't matter which tracker, all trackers can lead to a DMCA notice.

The only reason this happened is because of the GOT leaks and the file name was so similar / the same.

I agree with your opinion there's no such thing as 100% safety. Private sites just offer an extra layer of protection.
                  Last edited by Mickey_D; May 8, 2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Who leaked the peers and why is well known within a certain community.

As for anonymity i guess you'll have to wait until i2p is implemented by the big trackers
                    We want intros back

Stuck with getting that server turned into a seedbox ? Let a pro do it for
                    FREE
                    FreeSeedboxInstallService
                    My Invite Threads
                    ~~ Come and Visit us on IRC and have access to this wealth of commands ~~

Comment

Originally posted by duketom View Post
                      Who leaked the peers and why is well known within a certain community.

As for anonymity i guess you'll have to wait until i2p is implemented by the big trackers
                      Just looked up i2p, interesting. Some trackers are using this already?

Comment

Originally posted by socol View Post
                        Just looked up i2p, interesting. Some trackers are using this already?
                        private trackers ? none to my knowledge .maybe in some dev stages
                        We want intros back

Stuck with getting that server turned into a seedbox ? Let a pro do it for
                        FREE
                        FreeSeedboxInstallService
                        My Invite Threads
                        ~~ Come and Visit us on IRC and have access to this wealth of commands ~~

Comment

Originally posted by duketom View Post
                          private trackers ? none to my knowledge .maybe in some dev stages
                          Ah okay. Will be nice when it becomes common!

Comment

Working...
                          X