Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you responsible for other people's ratios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you responsible for other people's ratios?

What happens if I give an invite to someone who tanks their ratio? Do you also get banned? I want to make sure that if I give someone an invite to IPT and they don't do well, that I won't also be banned in the process. Also, if they find out that I sent the them an invite through this website do they ban me?

It depends on the tracker. On a lot of trackers, you are responsible for the people you invite -- you invite a lot of bad members and it can backfire, such as losing your invite privelages to anything to a full ban.

Always read the rules and FAQs when joining.
    Last edited by mtguy8787; March 19, 2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Yes, when you invite other people it is upto you that they are able to maintain ratio. There may or may not be any punishment to you depending upon the tracker (usually you only get punished if they cheat ratio or sell/trade accounts/invites and do other offenses like that), so you should read the rules first. Besides, if you send an invite to someone who won't be able to maintain ratio then they won't really be able to use their accounts so that invite will basically go to waste so that is also something you should think about.

Comment

I always "feel" responsible, sites vary, some will ban you for inviting people who fail to keep ratio, others (most) won't, although you may get warned. You are more likely to get banned if your invitee does bad things, like cheating, selling invites, etc. It is a risk...
        sigpic

Comment

I just want to make sure that, If i send an invite to someone on this site and they tank their ratio, that I won't be held responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFire731 View Post
            I just want to make sure that, If i send an invite to someone on this site and they tank their ratio, that I won't be held responsible.
            I have been warned by IPT for invitees, so I guess you could face the same or worse.
            sigpic

Comment

That's what proofs are for!

Comment

i would'nt worry about ratio that much. just send your invitee a pm, and explain to him or her to work on their ratio. {FL?}.
                just let sleeping dogs lie.....dont wake them up....meaning, whatever you do....dont ask staff at trackers.....why make a problem.....when there isnt one.

primus
                special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
                sigpic
                "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

Thank you. Sent the invite

Comment

Which is why you only give invites to members who have demonstrated good conduct, by only posting in the 33% or 55%.

This community is designed around the concept that you must prove yourself to get access to "the goodies". I, for one, would never give my invites to a lowly VIP who has not proven himself, or a 10% member like yourself.

I earned my way up through starting at easy-to-get invites, learning and participating on those, getting invites of my own, learning more about the tracker community, giving them away, getting igivers of my own (I still remember my first IGiver!) -- earning rep, and getting access to 33% and 55% giveaways.

In fact, now that I am a veteran member, I would not even allow invites to be given away in the 10%. It's not necessary. I would only allow an inclusive list (If its not on the list, you cant give it away in 10%) ---------- and now that I think about it, I plan on drating a proposal to make this change. I feel like I'd need some more clout to make it happen -- nobody listens to me -- nor should they :)

Comment

As long as it isn't a recurring theme, you shouldn't have a problem at a place like IPT.

Comment

First let's just say that tracker rules are LAW...just read them...if they don't specify what happens to you under specific circumstances ask an admin !

Having an invited tracker member getting warned or banned because of low ratio will most probably affect your invitation priviliges in most trackers...if there are other problems with your invitee you may be demoted of worse depending on the tracker and your rep and statistics there...or if you 're lucky nothing will happen...it depends...

As a reminder, also don't forget never to reveal your or your invitee's affiliation with TI !

It is only logical that if someone fails and dissapoints you, after you invite them to a private tracker, he must then be punished here at TI after you inform an admin and he'll tell you what to do...of course you will NOT be help accountable HERE at IT for the mistakes of others!!!

Comment

Some mods are more forgiving then others. Depends what mood they're in, really. Always play it safe and make sure your invitees obey by the rules.

Comment

The only thing that is not forgivable and probably will get you in troubles is if your invitee, inviter get caught on trading invites/accounts.

Comment

Working...
                            X