Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD-WING yearly assessment test - advice requested

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HD-WING yearly assessment test - advice requested

    I am a member of HDW since March 2013. This is my first time having to pass the end-of-the-year assessment test.
    First of all, I have - obviously - some difficulties with the language and Google translate doesn't always help.
    We are requested to download and seed a certain amount of GBs and to collect a certain amount of seeding bonus points.
    I have a seedbox which took care of the downloading and seeding the required amount of traffic in a couple of days.... and here starts my problem. Although the statistics were reported and updated properly on the top row of the page , the assessment bar shows that I still have to download about 40 GB . The thing is that I haven't snatched any freeleech or 50% or free for a few hours. In addition, the seeding bonus is stuck . On their home page , they give this link hdwing.com/trafficsx.php which shows your daily progress (how much you downloaded , you uploaded, your seeding points , ratio ). As far as I can tell, they seem properly updated.
    Should I worry about the assessment bar not showing properly updated statistics? .... and .... my second worry is the seeding bonus. I cannot understand by translating the relevant page, what strategy I should follow in order to collect the required amount . I have 12 active files the older dated October 2014. Shall I grab more? Shall I grab older files? shall I do nothing ?

    any input from HDW members will be gratly appreciated

  • #2
    They posted an announcement about that. It's a bug, but you can see what you already did (or did not) do at www.hdwing.com/trafficsx.php
    My Giveaways My Requests
    None None

    |
    |
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
    |
    |

    I bet you're the kind of guy that
    would fuck a person in the ass
    and not even have the godda*n
    common courtesy to give him a
    reach around. I'll be watching you.


    'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    '
    |
    |
    |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    |
    |

    Thanks, gblaze

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ThaJay View Post
      They posted an announcement about that. It's a bug, but you can see what you already did (or did not) do at www.hdwing.com/trafficsx.php
      Thank you ThaJay for your response. In the OP , i have mentioned the link you provided and I visit it daily.
      My biggest worry is the seeding bonus points which I haven't found a decent translation in order to understand how to increase them other than seeding files. They have a variety of factors and coefficients that they take into account which I do not really know or understand. Fact of the matter is that, seeding for sure is not enough there and I do not see my points rise substantially although on a few files I seed with MB/s speed

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by instant_diver View Post
        Thank you ThaJay for your response. In the OP , i have mentioned the link you provided and I visit it daily.
        My biggest worry is the seeding bonus points which I haven't found a decent translation in order to understand how to increase them other than seeding files. They have a variety of factors and coefficients that they take into account which I do not really know or understand. Fact of the matter is that, seeding for sure is not enough there and I do not see my points rise substantially although on a few files I seed with MB/s speed
        there are plenty of "how to survive" tips od HDW forum, just read it through.
        The speed of your upload is just one of the parameters.
        Generaly the older torrent you grab and seed the more points you get.
        good luck

        Comment


        • #5
          So what must i do for the year end assessment test? I'm kinda lost
          I used to think that today would never come

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you for your input [MENTION=227919]Superten[/MENTION]. I will follow your advise immediately. To be honest, I never visited the forum because I was expecting to find trouble with the translation. Also, I tend to download files that I am really interested in watching or listening but in order to pass the test, I will get stuff for the sake of it. what choice do I have ? !!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ExtractTruth View Post
              So what must i do for the year end assessment test? I'm kinda lost
              From what I have gathered so far, the factors that contribute towards passing the test are the number of files you seed, their age , the upload speed with which you are supporting these files, the amount of GB you have donloaded and the amount you have uploaded. if I am missing something, please T-I members provide your input

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by instant_diver View Post
                Thank you for your input @Superten . I will follow your advise immediately. To be honest, I never visited the forum because I was expecting to find trouble with the translation. Also, I tend to download files that I am really interested in watching or listening but in order to pass the test, I will get stuff for the sake of it. what choice do I have ? !!!
                EXACTLY mate that´s the point!!
                If you want to survive the assessment first of all you need (unfortunately) to grab torrents to make points and not stuff for watching or listening
                However I can assure you the test is realy fair and accomplishable.
                At last don´t worry about technical problems, they know about it and working on it.
                I remember about a year ago (not sure) - same problems occured then they decided to cancel the whole assessment.
                just keep seed untill you bleed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Interesting that they would do that, good idea.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I managed, eventually, to find the specific thread in their forums ... in English . yeahhhhhh

                    hdwing.com/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=11707#121433

                    Generally, you will obtain more credits by——
                    • Seeding more torrents
                    • Speeding up your uploading
                    • Increasing your seeding time
                    • Seeding more older torrents
                    • Seeding more big-sized torrents
                    • Seeding more specified torrents
                    • Uploading more subtitles. One subtitle for 30 credits. howerver, credits deduction incurred while deleting your subtitles, 30 or 60 credits against each deleting.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Or even better, get your HD movies from better trackers like HD-Torrents, AwesomeHD, TehConnection and if you are able to join PassThePopcorn. I promise that you get everything you want and in betetr quality plus you always get subtitles. Why even bother with that chinese shit?

                      Sorry for the harsh words but I can't see these assessments anymore. I have deleted my bookmarks of CHD, HDW and TTG and I'm sure that my accounts are pruned by now. I don't miss them. Serously, TorViet is open right now. Join them, they are alot better then HDW and they upload CHD encodes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by instant_diver View Post
                        I am a member of HDW since March 2013. This is my first time having to pass the end-of-the-year assessment test.
                        First of all, I have - obviously - some difficulties with the language and Google translate doesn't always help.
                        We are requested to download and seed a certain amount of GBs and to collect a certain amount of seeding bonus points.
                        I have a seedbox which took care of the downloading and seeding the required amount of traffic in a couple of days.... and here starts my problem. Although the statistics were reported and updated properly on the top row of the page , the assessment bar shows that I still have to download about 40 GB . The thing is that I haven't snatched any freeleech or 50% or free for a few hours. In addition, the seeding bonus is stuck . On their home page , they give this link hdwing.com/trafficsx.php which shows your daily progress (how much you downloaded , you uploaded, your seeding points , ratio ). As far as I can tell, they seem properly updated.
                        Should I worry about the assessment bar not showing properly updated statistics? .... and .... my second worry is the seeding bonus. I cannot understand by translating the relevant page, what strategy I should follow in order to collect the required amount . I have 12 active files the older dated October 2014. Shall I grab more? Shall I grab older files? shall I do nothing ?

                        any input from HDW members will be gratly appreciated
                        That stats update once every 24h

                        the point are simple to make , i earn like 30/hour majority by the uploading speed and size of the data seeding

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MarshalYen View Post
                          Or even better, get your HD movies from better trackers like HD-Torrents, AwesomeHD, TehConnection and if you are able to join PassThePopcorn. I promise that you get everything you want and in betetr quality plus you always get subtitles. Why even bother with that chinese shit?

                          Sorry for the harsh words but I can't see these assessments anymore. I have deleted my bookmarks of CHD, HDW and TTG and I'm sure that my accounts are pruned by now. I don't miss them. Serously, TorViet is open right now. Join them, they are alot better then HDW and they upload CHD encodes.
                          Still, some stuff is uploaded on these Chinese trackers first and that's what some people care about. If you just wanna have all movies available to you you're probably gonna be fine just with PassThePopcorn. But simple availability is not the only point one may have to be a member of a tracker. Downloading speeds, pre times, and content (remuxes, full BDs, SD encodes etc.) are all factors contributing to ones decision what trackers they are joining

                          I am a member of all of the non-Chinese trackers you mentioned, but still desire to join CHD as an addition to HDW.
                          Last edited by ThaJay; December 11, 2014, 04:57 PM.
                          My Giveaways My Requests
                          None None

                          |
                          |
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
                          |
                          |

                          I bet you're the kind of guy that
                          would fuck a person in the ass
                          and not even have the godda*n
                          common courtesy to give him a
                          reach around. I'll be watching you.


                          'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
                          '
                          |
                          |
                          |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          |
                          |

                          Thanks, gblaze

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ThaJay View Post
                            Still, some stuff is uploaded on these Chinese trackers first and that's what some people care about. If you just wanna have all movies available to you you're probably gonna be fine just with PassThePopcorn. But simple availability is not the only point one may have to be a member of a tracker. Downloading speeds, pre times, and content (remuxes, full BDs, SD encodes etc.) are all factors contributing to ones decision what trackers they are joining

                            I am a member of all of the non-Chinese trackers you mentioned, but still desire to join CHD as an addition to HDW.

                            In my humble opinion, the only thing you will get only from them are the BDs. They get upload to other trackers but they have a bad retention. So you probably wanna download them from chinese trackers. PtP does have everything right after it got out and it won't kill me if I have to wait an hour. The chinese trackers are btw limiting their upload speed on BDs (ofc on purpose). I download some of the rarest shit and I had never trouble with the speed at AHD, HDB and PtP. I have to admit that you might not get the best speed on old torrents at TEH and HDT, thats true. The speed at CHD wasn't that great on older torrents as far as I remember, even with many seeders. Their retention is good but most peers are chinese home connections.

                            But as you said, their BDs are worth it if you plan to encode or want to watch your movies untouched. They are the sources for many encodes of other trackers internals.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm done with the test ,I hope

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X