Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scene

Hi ,
    How to find/contact with scene groups LAZERS , PCH or XORBiTANT ?
    is there any irc channels contact info or emails address ?
    nfo files don't help me , already tried .
    would be great and appreciated your help , u can pm me if u want .

Wow, Good question! if you could find the time, would you be able to relay that info to me if it happens that someone answers you via PM? I would be interested in knowing as well. Thanks!

Comment

No, you can not connect a scene group.
      1st because they want to keep their identity secure
      2nd because they hate P2P and torrent in general

Comment

Originally posted by eXtreme23 View Post
        No, you can not connect a scene group.
        1st because they want to keep their identity secure
        2nd because they hate P2P and torrent in general
        Yes , you're right and i know too , therefore we can't find them easily . but i know they're around us . and of course it is very secure , i am not looking them for p2p or general etc .....
        Last edited by speeder; November 5, 2014, 07:06 AM.

Comment

In the nfo files it always says "you know how to find us"... But I don't. :(

I guess the best way to find them is leave hints in places they could visit and hope to receive a message some day.
          Also, I think it's an urban legend that scene groups 'hate' p2p and torrents n general. There's no point in hating it for them. Or do you think they despise them for stealing their work? Really?
          My Giveaways My Requests
          None None

|
          |
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
          |
          |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
          would fuck a person in the ass
          and not even have the godda*n
          common courtesy to give him a
          reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
          '
          |
          |
          |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |
          |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

Originally posted by ThaJay View Post

I guess the best way to find them is leave hints in places they could visit and hope to receive a message some day.
            Also, I think it's an urban legend that scene groups 'hate' p2p and torrents n general. There's no point in hating it for them. Or do you think they despise them for stealing their work? Really?
            I had thought that the good torrent sites downloaded from like the Scene's secret stash, or were made up of certain scene groups myself.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCat33 View Post
              I had thought that the good torrent sites downloaded from like the Scene's secret stash, or were made up of certain scene groups myself.
              I always had the impression that what you are talking about are called "Top Sites" and they are not really Scene FTP.

Comment

Originally posted by NoS4A2DK View Post
                I always had the impression that what you are talking about are called "Top Sites" and they are not really Scene FTP.
                I dont know! but thats what makes it so mystifying! I want to know! I want to meet the man behind the curtain. I want to own the next game releases through 2018 now. I want to know what happens in the rest of this seasons Once upon a time!.... I mean... uhh... if i watched that stupid show...

>.>

<.<

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCat33 View Post
                  I dont know! but thats what makes it so mystifying! I want to know! I want to meet the man behind the curtain. I want to own the next game releases through 2018 now. I want to know what happens in the rest of this seasons Once upon a time!.... I mean... uhh... if i watched that stupid show...

>.>

<.<
                  Well, see, I think that's a misconception. There is nobody who has all the unreleased movies for the upcoming season or so. There's just someone who puts it on the web as soon as it gets released.
                  My Giveaways My Requests
                  None None

|
                  |
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
                  |
                  |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
                  would fuck a person in the ass
                  and not even have the godda*n
                  common courtesy to give him a
                  reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
                  '
                  |
                  |
                  |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  |
                  |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

The Scene is for super magical, apex people.

One does not simply ask to be in the "Scene".

It's not a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

It's a matter of having strong connections.

Knowing people who know them.

You want to be in the Scene? Buy a camera.

(Just kidding, I know nothing about the scene. But I assume that's how it works)

Comment

Seriously?

Scene groups rip/crack games, rip movies etc. for competition between themselves (based on a predefined set of rules). The first group to release said media wins the competition. They upload their work to 0sec FTP servers to share between themselves and friends as proof.

In an ideal world the story would end there and the Scene would have nothing to do with P2P.

All FTP servers however, need revenue and sell access to others (mainly P2P sites, you... if you can afford it) to pay the bills.
                      These P2P sites use bots to scour the FTP servers and upload content direct to their sites.

The Scene doesn't like publicity or fans.
                      If you genuinely have something you can offer a Scene group (content or services) and they are recruiting, try chatting to a SysOp or Senior Mod at a private tracker you are in very good standing with.
                      Occasionally there may be a no-reply mail address on an .nfo but, this is very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenitee View Post
                        Seriously?

Scene groups rip/crack games, rip movies etc. for competition between themselves (based on a predefined set of rules). The first group to release said media wins the competition. They upload their work to 0sec FTP servers to share between themselves and friends as proof.

In an ideal world the story would end there and the Scene would have nothing to do with P2P.

All FTP servers however, need revenue and sell access to others (mainly P2P sites, you... if you can afford it) to pay the bills.
                        These P2P sites use bots to scour the FTP servers and upload content direct to their sites.

The Scene doesn't like publicity or fans.
                        If you genuinely have something you can offer a Scene group (content or services) and they are recruiting, try chatting to a SysOp or Senior Mod at a private tracker you are in very good standing with.
                        Occasionally there may be a no-reply mail address on an .nfo but, this is very rare.
                        Seriously.

If that were the case, I find it hard to believe that anyone would use public servers that COULD be scoured for data. They may not want the fame, but not being willing to share, that would be like saying. the technology does not exist to keep data private. If I can buy a dedi server, convert it to a seedbox, and share my torrents, then Scene Fellas should be able to either:

A. rent one for their contests

or

B. Assuming they are smart enough to crack code, they can build a pc, open a port and encrypt the snot out of it.

I find your explanation having some holes. The mechanics are there, but if scene groups truly wanted anonymity they could have it in my opinion. Granted, I have absolutely NO concept of how these things work beyond the p2p world.

It makes me think of this one guy that had the ability to flash phones from one carrier to another. He claimed to have done the research and found all the information to do so. He also suggested that all the information is out on the web to do it. He refused to share his learnings with anyone else due to the work that he put in to do it himself and did not think that he should ever share that knowledge with anyone else.

While that is his perogitive I disagree with that perspective. I work in the IT world and if it werent for others willing to show me what they knew, I couldn't be who I am. I couldn't help the people that I try to help on a day to day basis.

That being said, To apply this to the Scene world, If you know how to encode, code, and crack, and you never show anyone else or share with anyone else, that is a truly selfish perspective in my opinion. Lets say some of these guys are in their 20's. They eventually will lose their virginity and have kids. What if a teacher said, I am not going to teach your kid algebra, He is going to go figure out how to do it himself. That would be a crummy world to live in if you ask me.

Now I know that this only partially applies to this scenario but still. If we all sit there and say "Screw You" to each other, whats the point? why are we even socializing on the web? why wouldn't we run around hacking into each others computers hoping someone ripped a dvd to it, steal it for ourselves and watch it for smiling for the sheer satisfaction that we have it. Never sharing with anyone else and no one to appreciate it with. What a sad existence that would be.

I do not have qualities or abilities I can offer a scene group unless they need a good server/ network guy, but I still tip my hats in hopes that they are not so narrow minded to grumble every time their releases turn up on P2P. I am sure there are some out there that are like that, but I cannot believe they are all like that.

As forest gump once said,

"Thats all I have to say about that"

:)

Comment

I never said the servers were public domain. But access is sold.
                          I don't mind you picking holes in my explanation as I don't know the absolute ins and outs of it but the bare bones are there.
                          I have been privy to some info working as mod on a tracker.
                          The Scene is competition, nothing more...

Comment

Originally posted by Serenitee View Post
                            I never said the servers were public domain. But access is sold.
                            I don't mind you picking holes in my explanation as I don't know the absolute ins and outs of it but the bare bones are there.
                            I have been privy to some info working as mod on a tracker.
                            The Scene is competition, nothing more...
                            Sorry if that felt like an attack, it wasn't. I was merely trying to make sense of it and voice my opinion. Thank you for the information and your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaJay View Post

I don't think so if hints will work , and finding them is difficult too . :sad

Originally posted by HeavensRedeemer View Post
                              The Scene is for super magical, apex people.

One does not simply ask to be in the "Scene".

It's not a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

It's a matter of having strong connections.

Knowing people who know them.

You want to be in the Scene? Buy a camera.

(Just kidding, I know nothing about the scene. But I assume that's how it works)
                              you're right but buying a camera is useless for us coz they are on the top and they can see everything over the net .

Comment

Working...
                              X