Torrenting in Japan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrenting in Japan!

I have heard a lot that torrenting in japan is Illegal. I am moving to japan in a month and torrent is like my breath. I use it everytime.
    Please help me how to use torrent in japan.

Please tell me if I can download from sties like yifytorrents and Kickass.to etc in japan.

Please tell me the differences between private tracking and public tracking,

I have heard about seedbox too. Accoriding to my understanding, seedbox directly downloads the torrent we want in their computer and sends it to us from their comp to ours. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Originally posted by sonicator View Post
    I have heard a lot that torrenting in japan is Illegal. I am moving to japan in a month and torrent is like my breath. I use it everytime.
    Please help me how to use torrent in japan.

Please tell me if I can download from sties like yifytorrents and Kickass.to etc in japan.

Please tell me the differences between private tracking and public tracking,

I have heard about seedbox too. Accoriding to my understanding, seedbox directly downloads the torrent we want in their computer and sends it to us from their comp to ours. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Alright, so the difference between public and private trackers is actually just what it sounds like. Public trackers are publicly available, everybody can download and upload, while private trackers are only accessible if you have been invited to one or went through a rigorous interview process.
    Now, if you care about your privacy and anonymity private tracker will be your choice. The chance of coming in contact with copyright trolls and receiving infringement letters is very low.
    Another preventive measure would be be to set up a VPN. There are many great VPN services put there, and what they are doing is pretty much hiding your IP address from anyone spying on your Internet activity. This can be useful to bypass region based censorship or to prevent the peers you are connected to from being able to tell who and where you are.
    A seedbox on the other hand works just as well if you want to share files securely. When you subscribe to a seedbox plan of a provider of your choice what they give you is access to a remote torrent client, a certain amount of storage and a internet connection. So with this you wouldn't even be torrenting from your home connection anymore.

I hope I was able to help you out, and give you a little insight on what VPNs, seedboxes, and private trackers are.

Cheers
    My Giveaways My Requests
    None None

|
    |
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
    |
    |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
    would fuck a person in the ass
    and not even have the godda*n
    common courtesy to give him a
    reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    '
    |
    |
    |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    |
    |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

@thejay , I'm a bit fuzzy on VPN maybe you can clear it up for me.

VPN basically connects to a different server (VPN provider), for example in a business, workers at home connect to their company server via VPN.

When you connect to a different server won't use be limited to the VPN's provider ISP limits?
      For example : Your home speed is 50Mbps and the VPN's speed is 10Mbps, won't you be downloading at 10Mbps?
      If the above is true what would happen if the VPN speed is 100Mbps?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hearts View Post
        @thejay , I'm a bit fuzzy on VPN maybe you can clear it up for me.

VPN basically connects to a different server (VPN provider), for example in a business, workers at home connect to their company server via VPN.

When you connect to a different server won't use be limited to the VPN's provider ISP limits?
        For example : Your home speed is 50Mbps and the VPN's speed is 10Mbps, won't you be downloading at 10Mbps?
        If the above is true what would happen if the VPN speed is 100Mbps?
        Yes, that's right. If your home connection's speed exceeds the max speed of your VPN it will be limited to the VPN's speed. Vice versa, if your VPN's speed outperforms your home connection you still won't have better speeds than your home connection's maximum.

:)
        My Giveaways My Requests
        None None

|
        |
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
        |
        |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
        would fuck a person in the ass
        and not even have the godda*n
        common courtesy to give him a