Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you create a good torrent description when uploading a torrent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you create a good torrent description when uploading a torrent?

I am hoping to start uploading torrents soon and I am in need of some info with regards to how you generate all the info for the torrents description. I currently run two OS's, Ubuntu Server (on a headless box) and OSX. I have found two pieces of software that would help me with this, MediaInfo and TDMaker. MediaInfo is good, I can't however use TDMaker as it seems to be only windows based.

Does anyone have any other suggestions of software to use on a Mac.

What kind of content are you intending to upload?
    For movies I'd say that MediaInfo is just fine. For, lets SAY, PS3-games, however, it's rather useless.
    My Giveaways My Requests
    None None

|
    |
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
    |
    |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
    would fuck a person in the ass
    and not even have the godda*n
    common courtesy to give him a
    reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    '
    |
    |
    |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    |
    |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

Originally posted by ThaJay View Post
      What kind of content are you intending to upload?
      For movies I'd say that MediaInfo is just fine. For, lets SAY, PS3-games, however, it's rather useless.
      Mainly TV Shows at the moment I think

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

If it is scene releases you could grab all that info from the included nfo.

Comment

As mentioned, NFO files from scene releases will provide all the info needed. If not a scene release or no NFO file, Mediainfo is what you wanna use for any TV or Movie.

Comment

The title of this topic is misleading because the OP only asks for suitable tools to assist him in getting the tech. specs of a video file !!!

The topic title itself is very interesting though. I visit some trackers which, although, have good content, their uploaders do not bother with the presentation of the file they share. They give only an IMDB link or a short mediainfo file and that's it. For me, this is not very appealling and I find it totally unacceptable. Some of us are not computer literate to understand from the title what an application or a program does. Not all of us know by title name the story of a movie or a series. Not all of us play on a daily basis, games so we know the story behind a title or if it is appealling without seeing some screenshots. I really appreciate uploaders and give reps to them when I see a movie title which is accompanied by a description, a few decent screenshots , a review from an acclaimed critic followed by a youtube preview link and a mediainfo description. I really enjoy seeing applications/programs being presented with the benefits they offer, some real screenshots , minimum hardware/software requirements and decent installation instructions. For games , I really say 'hats off' to uploaders who go into trouble giving a description of the storyline, provide screenshots, minimum tech. requirements and installation procedure. Is it only me who is asking that much or am I spoiled by some trackers who enforce such description rules ?

Comment

on a mac this will not be easy, some trackers have templates & various rules, i just check the upload faq & ask staff...
              i like to give .nfo files, .sfv for checking, a summary & links.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas folks. I have uploaded a few torrents and so far not been told off for my descriptions so fingers crossed.

Comment

I am A Uploader on a few trackers.

Use your Mediainfo, or ViMediaManager - (Collects info from various sources for MAC)

I like to make info tags as images to help divide the info in the description.

Release info:

Screens: Use at least 4, and I find Imagur is my favorite image host. Quick and easy.

-(for apps and games
                  -System Requirements:
                  -Install: )

youtube HD trailer:

and A Sig : )

The info should always come from the release groups NFO, there are sites for finding just the NFO to any release. I like to use NFOhump.
                  if there is no NFO, and your making your own torrent, be selective about the info you post, make sure the info your posting is accurate to the torrent.
                  If info is hard to find, Google is your friend, but if for some reason you can't find what your looking for try Yahoo also Google is a Meta search engine, where as Yahoo is a Directory search engine and will yield "some" different results.

I hope this helps you to a great start as an Uploader. and if you have any questions or need anything, PM me and I will help : )

Comment

Very important on what tracker you want to upload ?

Comment

Originally posted by zbat View Post
                      Very important on what tracker you want to upload ?
                      IPT at the moment

Comment

usually thetvdb or tv rage have pretty good descriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by blackvenom View Post
                          IPT at the moment

yep ipt doesn't have such hard rules at torrent description
                          so you will be fine scene releases put nfo and the rest a mediainfo and some screens will be nice

Comment

Make it short and eay to understand . Also adding some relative pics about that torrent

Comment

^ yes, pics go a long way.

Comment

Working...
                              X