Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good tracker(s) for old techno music scene releases ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good tracker(s) for old techno music scene releases ?

Hi, I need your expert advices for a good tracker hosting old techno scene releases from 1990 > 2005.

At this very moment the best I've found, but it's not a tracker, is the old SLSK P2P network.

Thanks

I don't know if they have a lot of old music but you'll find techno music on TranceTraffic and DB9. Both are not easily obtainable although there are some TT GAs on here.
    Last edited by ThaJay; August 15, 2014, 08:37 AM.
    My Giveaways My Requests
    None None

|
    |
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
    |
    |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
    would fuck a person in the ass
    and not even have the godda*n
    common courtesy to give him a
    reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    '
    |
    |
    |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    |
    |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

I don't know about old techno music in particular, but, as with all music, what.cd is almost definitely your best bet. That, is, unless it HAS to be scene releases. I have no idea why you'd want scene music releases, they often suck, and are trumped by properly ripped files on what.cd

Comment

I'm not sure, but you can try TranceTraffic,TorrentTech, GetTorrents, ruTracker, MixTapeTorrent.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaJay View Post
          I don't know if they have a lot of old music but you'll find techno music on TranceTraffic and DB9. Both are not easily obtainable although there are some TT GAs on here.
          I'd have to agree here. I belive your best bet is with these two sites just from what I have read.

Comment

First thing you should do is find the reviews for these trackers. Then go from there, if you see people talk like they have similar tastes in the comments then PM them... If you are passionate about techno from that time period it isn't going to be easy to find a single location for that type of stuff and the absolute best music trackers are incredibly difficult to get into. Stick with it it though and you'll prolly be well rewarded

Comment

scene music releases, they often suck, and are trumped by properly ripped files on what.cd
              Well, scene releases are sometimes crappy but there is way more stuff I like released than on WCD for example (great tracker for FLAC WEB/CD rips however).

I will have a look to Trance Traffic and DB9.

Thanks guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Solitaire View Post
                Well, scene releases are sometimes crappy but there is way more stuff I like released than on WCD for example (great tracker for FLAC WEB/CD rips however).

I will have a look to Trance Traffic and DB9.

Thanks guys...
                If you know the artists/CDs/tracks/names of things you are looking for specifically then you cans till find plenty of that on WCD or WFL, but if your looking for random stuff from that period or radio sessions or live releases then you are going to have a heck of a time finding stuff. I still think you should read the reviews and proceed from there if you haven't though.

Comment

Awesome question really - but i'd have to definitely go with what. They really do have it all...

Comment

At What.cd if your level is high enough you can even request :D

Comment

Originally posted by qllp View Post
                      At What.cd if your level is high enough you can even request :D
                      Strictly forbidden to request a scene release on WCD.

Sorry no, WCD has not a lot of old single techno releases. There are some, sure, even really good and rare stuff, but definitively not as much as scene. However, it has almost all CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitaire View Post
                        Strictly forbidden to request a scene release on WCD.

Sorry no, WCD has not a lot of old single techno releases. There are some, sure, even really good and rare stuff, but definitively not as much as scene. However, it has almost all CDs.
                        Well, that's not strictly true. Sure, you can't require that someone uploads a scene release, but why would you want to do this? Lossless music is lossless music. And the scene quite often make mistakes with tagging, or upload transcodes, etc. There's no reason to want a scene release specifically. If you put in a request, and the only available release is a scene release and it gets uploaded, or a scene release happens to be the first torrent uploaded in the format you requested, then you've got the scene release with what you wanted. If it happens to not be a scene release, so what, you still got what you were after!

Comment

Originally posted by Coal View Post
                          Lossless music is lossless music.!
                          Strongly disagree on this point. Unless of course you are talking about actual .wav files (which I don't think are on any lossless tracker anyway).

The reason that there are strict standards for lossless ripping on most legit music trackers is because of this very reason. It is also the reason why EAC (for example) has so many variables for a lossless rip. Often, I have found scene FLAC releases to be riddled with ripping issues that do in fact compromise the quality of the FLAC release.

It's kind of like doing an x264 video transcode with Handbrake (sort of 'set it and forget it), versus an x264 encode using MyGUI and the whole host of software products that go along with it. There would be a big difference in that scenario - just by way of example.

Comment

Originally posted by inventio View Post
                            Strongly disagree on this point. Unless of course you are talking about actual .wav files (which I don't think are on any lossless tracker anyway).

The reason that there are strict standards for lossless ripping on most legit music trackers is because of this very reason. It is also the reason why EAC (for example) has so many variables for a lossless rip. Often, I have found scene FLAC releases to be riddled with ripping issues that do in fact compromise the quality of the FLAC release.

It's kind of like doing an x264 video transcode with Handbrake (sort of 'set it and forget it), versus an x264 encode using MyGUI and the whole host of software products that go along with it. There would be a big difference in that scenario - just by way of example.
                            I agree with you 100% regarding music ripping. What I was trying to say, but didn't phrase very well, was that there was no reason to prefer scene over other releases (for any reason), as like you say, scene releases often have issues. Not sure I agree with the x.264 analogy though, trying to make transparent encodes is a whole different ballgame to getting a music rip right and the two can't really be compared.

Comment

Originally posted by Coal View Post
                              Not sure I agree with the x.264 analogy though, trying to make transparent encodes is a whole different ballgame to getting a music rip right and the two can't really be compared.
                              Yeah fair enough, i guess I was just trying to draw a paralell on the video side - because an x264 encode is obviously not a lossless compression tool like FLAC. I was just trying to say that in both cases (Handbrake versus more sophisticated encoding methods), you rip the raw DVD data, and in both cases you technically create an x264 encode - but they aren't equal.

Comment

Working...
                              X