Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with torrent created on rutorrent

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problem with torrent created on rutorrent

    Hi, i have a problem, when i create a torrent in rutorren ot doesn't works,
    i tried to download it in another server, but it says "Waiting for announce" and never donwloads.


    Can you tellme whats the problem?
    it looks like a DHT problem

    Later i tried adding trackers with "http" and DHT works

    Code:
    http://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
    
    
    http://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce.
    But i tried to download from another server and it just says "[F]Donwloading" but dooesn't downloads.

    Can you help me?

    Regards and sorry about my bad english

  • #2
    with rutorrent it is pretty fail safe. When you upload the .torrent make sure you re-download the new .torrent from whatever site you are uploading too. Then when adding it to rutorrent make sure you are setting the download path properly to where the file is on your seedbox. It is easy to go a folder to deep or not deep enough.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DreJ View Post
      with rutorrent it is pretty fail safe. When you upload the .torrent make sure you re-download the new .torrent from whatever site you are uploading too. Then when adding it to rutorrent make sure you are setting the download path properly to where the file is on your seedbox. It is easy to go a folder to deep or not deep enough.
      Hi, i upload files to seedbox via FTP first, later i go to "file manager", right click and "new .torrent", i choose the folder,
      torrent is created, but when i try to download in antoher server i cant, seedbox don't upload.

      I tried to change settings in the seedbox but doesn't works, can you tell me what's the best config for rutorrent??
      mainly in "Bitorrent" section.

      Comment


      • #4
        You should check settings>advance> and make sure "use udp tracker" is checked.

        You can also juust edit your .rtorrent.rc and uncomment or add the line use_udp_trackers = yes

        Comment


        • #5
          tuestime

          Originally posted by Cappa View Post
          You should check settings>advance> and make sure "use udp tracker" is checked.

          You can also juust edit your .rtorrent.rc and uncomment or add the line use_udp_trackers = yes
          Hi, have seen and is checked, can you tell me how should be configured in "Preferences" > "Bittorrent"??

          Comment


          • #6
            Piease i need help with this, even i can offer you money if you can do mi seedbox work fine.

            Comment


            • #7
              If you rented a sever/box from a provider, you should contact them.

              As for settings, I just max mine out.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LuisNara View Post
                Hi, i upload files to seedbox via FTP first, later i go to "file manager", right click and "new .torrent", i choose the folder,
                torrent is created, but when i try to download in antoher server i cant, seedbox don't upload.

                I tried to change settings in the seedbox but doesn't works, can you tell me what's the best config for rutorrent??
                mainly in "Bitorrent" section.
                I am very confused by what you are trying to do. Are you making the .torrent to upload to a site or to download somewhere else? When you say you try to download it to another server of course it won't work that way. You need to create the .torrent with the site specific URL and upload it to that site. So are you trying to send files to another server or actually upload and seed on trackers? I would presume upload and seed to trackers but the info is coming across as mixed for what you actually are trying to accomplish at least for me lol.

                Comment


                • #9
                  He's using openbittorent. You don't upload the torrent file to an index like you do on private trackers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    sorry didn't realize, thanks for the clarification mate.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X