Graphic Card error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic Card error

I'd just installed CM Hyper 212X. After I installed this heatsink, I found that there is nothing showing up on my monitor. I'm 100% sure there is nothing wrong with my hardware except my graphic card. But that is impossible, my graphic card is just 3 month old. My monitor was able to display when I plug my cable to motherboard DVI slot. Can anyone help me with this? The graphic card is never touched or pressured by the heatsink and me myself.

Hello,

Does the GFX card show in device manager as installed and working if you boot via the DVI?
    Also, when you power the machine on, does the fan spin on the GFX card as you would expect?

Comment

No matter if u didn't touch it

Just remove the card and reinsert it

check all power supply cable connections

then start computer and enter bios check if ur deice is detected then set it as primary

lastly reinstall the drivers

If device is detected and installing drivers doesn't work then it an OS issue

Comment

What is your graphics card and what's the psu? Is the fan running or not?
        Pull out your psu input from the gpu and reinsert it.
        As it's just 3 months old, the warranty should still be there unless you void it. I'd recommend that you use your warranty.

Bytheway, congrats on your new cooler. I hope the processor isn't heating up anymore.

Comment

If the suggestions above don't work I would suggest what sifatraquib suggested and replacing it via warranty. It is possible that it is defective from the manufacturer.

Comment

Quick note - I would be cautious mentioning the fact this problem occurred while you were adding a non-manufacturer heat sink to the card if you use the warranty. I'm willing to bet adding the heat sink would invalidate the warranty. Be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bukie View Post
              No matter if u didn't touch it

Just remove the card and reinsert it

check all power supply cable connections

then start computer and enter bios check if ur deice is detected then set it as primary

lastly reinstall the drivers

If device is detected and installing drivers doesn't work then it an OS issue
              None of these actually helped. I tried install my old graphic card GT520 and it worked normally.

Edit 1: I'd confirmed that my graphic is faulty. I'd sent it for warranty claim. I'm using a Sapphire graphic card and I have a bad experience with it. I will consider not to buy Sapphire for my next graphic card.
              Last edited by xxkhaxx3480; February 19, 2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xxkhaxx3480 View Post
                None of these actually helped. I tried install my old graphic card GT520 and it worked normally.

Edit 1: I'd confirmed that my graphic is faulty. I'd sent it for warranty claim. I'm using a Sapphire graphic card and I have a bad experience with it. I will consider not to buy Sapphire for my next graphic card.
                Have you considered an XFX brand? They have a lifetime warranty!
                T-I RULES!

Comment

Originally posted by KenWrench View Post
                  Have you considered an XFX brand? They have a lifetime warranty!
                  The problem is, there is no distributor or reseller for XFX graphic card. Brand that are available in my country: Asus Gigabyte Sapphire Leadtek MSI and that's all

Comment

The problem is, there is no distributor or reseller for XFX graphic card. Brand that are available in my country: Asus Gigabyte Sapphire Leadtek MSI and that's all
                    There are no online stores that would ship that brand to you?

Comment

Asus never hesitate

if it is too pricey then gigabyte

Comment

Originally posted by DreJ View Post
                        There are no online stores that would ship that brand to you?
                        Oversea online store yes. Local online store no. If I chose to ship from oversea, I could probably buy a better model of graphic card with different brand.

Comment

Oversea online store yes. Local online store no. If I chose to ship from oversea, I could probably buy a better model of graphic card with different brand.
                          ahh ok I thought there may have been some closer.

Comment

@xxkhaxx3480

I find it hard to believe a new graphic's card crapped out so fast, I run old junk to death for a living and I have some rather beat down saphires still kicking and running games and [email protected] ( Sametime ).

it may sound funny, but put in the card and then Pull out your ram, then Carfully put your ram back in and make sure their in good, then try and fire it up again, I have had this work for me quite a few time and I think it's Static related. Post back if it works : )
                            Last edited by SteviLGenius; February 20, 2014, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteviLGenius View Post
                              @xxkhaxx3480

I find it hard to believe a new graphic's card crapped out so fast, I run old junk to death for a living and I have some rather beat down saphires still kicking and running games and [email protected] ( Sametime ).

it may sound funny, but put in the card and then Pull out your ram, then Carfully put your ram back in and make sure their in good, then try and fire it up again, I have had this work for me quite a few time and I think it's Static related. Post back if it works : )
                              Sorry to disappoint you but I'd confirmed the graphic card is faulty. I tried many method including plugging another graphic card to my PCIe slot and all of the method suggest that my graphic card is faulty.

Comment

Working...
                              X