Diference between films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diference between films

Hi, Could someone explain to me what is the diference between a 720p release from 650 mb and a 6 or more GB for the same film? And, what's exactly the encode process?

Would you be able to supply some more details of what file sizes and rip formats/quality you are referring too? At first read it sounds like you are asking the difference between 720p dvd rip and a dvd copy or image being 6+ gb, but without knowing a little more info about both files its hard to say. Are you comparing a 720p @ 650mb to a 1080p @ 6+ gb for example, not that that is what those actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by DreJ View Post
      Would you be able to supply some more details of what file sizes and rip formats/quality you are referring too? At first read it sounds like you are asking the difference between 720p dvd rip and a dvd copy or image being 6+ gb, but without knowing a little more info about both files its hard to say. Are you comparing a 720p @ 650mb to a 1080p @ 6+ gb for example, not that that is what those actually are.
      For example in PixelHD you have a lot of 720p films that have only 2gb or less and o IPT the same film has 4 gb or more . I'm referring about this files

Comment

you have to watch it to feel the difference. a 2gb(or anything 1.5+ gb) is way better in quality than a 700-600mb 720p file.

and audio is also better. some of these large files have 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 audio built-in which smaller file does not and only has stereo.

file size also varies from encoder to encoder and tools they use.
        Special Thanks to ECH3LON for my Class Upgrade.

And also thanks to Fluttershy for voting me for VIP.

Comment

Well basically a 650mb rip is just a normal dvd rip, 720 RIP usually has sharper image quality. Although 720P rip comes in various sizes, but a true 720rip is aroung 6GB. Say you have a fancy home theatre, like a 7.1 Blu Ray theatre system, to take full use of it you would download a 6GB or a 12GB file, audio is better, video quality is out standing. I am not sure about the encoding process though, for me it's simple to remember rule, bigger the file= better the film quality.
          sigpic
          A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
          If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

Actually the filesize is determined by the bitrates and codecs used for audio and video.
            Lets talk about Video first, for an optimum experience the number of frames per second should be ~24 now for a 720p video each frame should push a minimum resolution of 720 pixels. This taken together means a lot of data is being transferred per second.
            Now, for better viewing experience the file size for such transfer should be somewhere between 4-8 gb for a 2 hour video.
            Next, lets talk about audio, there are various audio codecs used which are either lossy or lossles. Good quality rips either use 5.1 DTH or Flac audio which impacts the filesize again.

Now if we talk about the difference in file sizes between different releases for the movie, all these releases are encoded from the same DVD or BluRay source. The source files by themselves are very large and not proper for public consumption. Hence a moviehas to be encoded/converted in another format. Now encoding here means ripping the source and converting it into a format which is easily viewable and transferrable. Generally, now a days most of the encoders use x264 codec and mkv container.
            When a movioe is being encoded the encoder decides what bitrate of video and audio should be transferred for each second of the movie. Here the filters during the ecoding process come into play. If an encoder is a dedicated on he/she varies the bitrate accoording to the busyness of the scene being encoded. So, for a fight scene with a lot of movement he/she may allow higher bitrates while for a normal slow moving scene lesser bitrates may be given, Some encoders don't want to do much work so they set a constant filter for the entire movie. Depending upon the filter set, which can either be generous for good viewing or stringent for minimal file size, the movie file size becomes smaller/larger.

PxHD team has a lot of experience and they devout a lot of time in encoding every single movie. They go scene by scene adjusting the filters when required. That is why there encodes are very good in quality while retaining the smaller filesize. While some encoders like YiFy put such stringent filters to minimize the file size that the quality drops considerabley. Also, the quality of audio is very low which in turn again helps in decreasing the file size.

A general rule of thumb is, higher the filesize better the quality though teams like PxHD are an exception to this.

Comment

@gamesplayer

I actually wrote something similar to what you're talking about in another thread. It's basically a post on quality, file size, and release groups.
              Link: http://www.torrent-invites.com/showt...=1#post1904395

Hope that clears up a few things!

Comment

Originally posted by kraash View Post
                @gamesplayer

I actually wrote something similar to what you're talking about in another thread. It's basically a post on quality, file size, and release groups.
                Link: http://www.torrent-invites.com/showt...=1#post1904395

Hope that clears up a few things!
                It hepls thanks. But i'm confusing between the diference of a BDrip and YIFY release, the BDrip is much better than the YIFY release?

Comment

Originally posted by gamesplayer View Post
                  It hepls thanks. But i'm confusing between the diference of a BDrip and YIFY release, the BDrip is much better than the YIFY release?
                  They're actually two different things. A BDrip is a type of rip/encode while YIFY is a group that releases content.
                  BDrip is short for Blu-Ray Disc Rip. Think of YIFY as a person or "team" of people that creates those BDrips.

I can't say which one is better because they're not the same thing.
                  To find out which release is better, use the "file size" method I was describing. If they're of similar size, they're usually similar quality as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesplayer View Post
                    Generally BDrips/BRRips are encodes of encodes hence the quality deteriorates substancially. As mentioned above YiFy is a release group/person. however, they label their releases as 720p and 1080p; most believe their releases are BDrips or BRRips due to their low quality.
                    Good quality rips are encoded from source that is full BluRays discs or remuxes.

Comment

Working...
                    X