This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syntax

Hey, I've searched but couldn't find anything on syntax errors here...

Since our beloved sub-provider is gone off-air here I'm getting subs from other places.
    No problem with that, but I get in some cases a "syntax error in line..." and the subs don't show.

Is there any way around that, because for the specific file I only get 1 sub in my language?
    Or should I skip it and look directly for another file/release on that EP with other subs?

@kawa_z750

can you provide screenshot of the problem?

if it is the VSFilter error then download "subtitle workshop" > open subtitle in it > then just 'save' it again(not save as.)

i usually download subs from addic7ed.com or let vlc download them for me and they work like a charm.
    Last edited by Epicurus; December 5, 2013, 02:29 PM.
    Special Thanks to ECH3LON for my Class Upgrade.

And also thanks to Fluttershy for voting me for VIP.

Comment

Well, TI's image dump still ain't working, but a screen doesn't show much too tbh.
      I just get the "syntax error at line 2605" and that's it.

I guess it's not the actual sub but the coding behind it, altough I don't have much knowledge on the matter.
      Never had this before, I do get my subs through a downloader now instead of manually picking them, maybe that's the issue? But 9/10 do work fine...

Comment

Originally posted by kawa_z750 View Post
        Well, TI's image dump still ain't working, but a screen doesn't show much too tbh.
        I just get the "syntax error at line 2605" and that's it.

I guess it's not the actual sub but the coding behind it, altough I don't have much knowledge on the matter.
        Never had this before, I do get my subs through a downloader now instead of manually picking them, maybe that's the issue? But 9/10 do work fine...
        try subtitle workshop method it should correct the issue.
        faced the problem once when downloading from opensubtitles and it corrected it.
        you can also use it to sync subs correctly.
        Quiet handy little tool.
        Special Thanks to ECH3LON for my Class Upgrade.

And also thanks to Fluttershy for voting me for VIP.

Comment

I just downloaded the sub manually but the same error, and only 1 is available.
          Thanks for your tip @sunny047 I will search for subtitle workshop right away and let you know what the outcome is.

Ok, opened it with subtitle workshop, and just saved again, and it's working.!
          I had 2 of them, both lost the error.
          Thanks again mate!!
          Last edited by kawa_z750; December 5, 2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X