IPT down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPT down?

I can log in and connect to IPT, but It wont let me access any torrent files, or forums.

Just looking for direction. I have a 7.0+ ratio, and I dont think i've done anything wrong, but maybe I have. Should I just play the waiting game, or actively look for reasons what I've done wrong?

Everytime I click on a torrent link, it brings me back to the front page,
    When I click to download anything from the frontpage it brings me to a page that says 'Nothing Sorry Pal :('

Originally posted by minipip View Post
    I can log in and connect to IPT, but It wont let me access any torrent files, or forums.

Just looking for direction. I have a 7.0+ ratio, and I dont think i've done anything wrong, but maybe I have. Should I just play the waiting game, or actively look for reasons what I've done wrong?

Everytime I click on a torrent link, it brings me back to the front page,
    When I click to download anything from the frontpage it brings me to a page that says 'Nothing Sorry Pal :('
    IPT is working fine for me, clear your cookies and cache and try again.
    sigpic
    A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
    If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

Thanks, that was good advice and I tried it. But it didn't work :(

Hmmmm. So, Today, I broke my laptop, and I am unable to seed the 24 torrents I've downloaded. Nearby my statistics, its says '24 torrents require seeding' Does anybody know if it has something to do with that?

Comment

Odd... So you can access IPT now?

And for the seeding issue...

- In your client does it show they are seeding? If so it could be a communications error of somesort. If not I would suggest downloading the .torrent files again and seed until needed.

- Possibly a issue with your DNS. Try another DNS like Google DNS.

- Possibly your bittorrent client. I never got along with tixati and some sites even blacklist it. I would highly recommend deluge, but utorrent and rtorrent are both great clients as well.

- If for some reason you still can't connect to IPT, then it's safe to assume your client can't update your tracker either. Thus causing hit and runs on anything that still needs seeding, even if they are currently seeding and/or you have met the requirements.

Also explaining how your laptop broke would be helpful.
        Last edited by ECH3LON; December 5, 2013, 09:37 AM.
        "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more." - Nikola Tesla

Comment

Hmmmm. So, Today, I broke my laptop, and I am unable to seed the 24 torrents I've downloaded. Nearby my statistics, its says '24 torrents require seeding' Does anybody know if it has something to do with that?
          I would actually contact the staff to ask them where to go on from here.
          sigpic
          A proud Torrent-Invite Introduction Crew.
          If you need help with anything, just send me a pm,

Comment

Definitely some connectivity issue. As suggested, it could be DNS related. Your "laptop broke" may need a bit more clarification here if we are to be more useful to you.

Having said that, I have had cache/cookies issues at IPT and other sites similar to what you described. If clearing the cache & cookies and quitting your web browser entirely does not fix that problem, try using another browser. That will help with troubleshooting. Also, if you can, try another PC or another location.

You've got a few days before you log a HNR, so don't panic yet. Also, that stat does not update quickly any way. If you click on the "torrents require seeding" link, you'll get the list of torrents that need seeding. That gets refreshed fairly quickly. So, if you torrent client says your seeding OK, give it 30 minutes and check that page again. It should be cleared, although the main page will still show that number for a few more hours. Right now, all my torrents show OK, so I can say that IPT is not having any downtime with the tracker, so your stats should update on the details page.

Comment

Originally posted by ECH3LON View Post
              Odd... So you can access IPT now?

And for the seeding issue...

- In your client does it show they are seeding? If so it could be a communications error of somesort. If not I would suggest downloading the .torrent files again and seed until needed.
              My laptop is broken, I'm using my desktop now. All the files I downloaded on my laptop (which was what i used for torrenting) are all gone.

- If for some reason you still can't connect to IPT, then it's safe to assume your client can't update your tracker either. Thus causing hit and runs on anything that still needs seeding, even if they are currently seeding and/or you have met the requirements.

Also explaining how your laptop broke would be helpful.
              I dropped my laptop and now the harddrive is broken.
              Is what I'm experience common for someone who has done a HNR? I only dropped it yesterday, but maybe I was not seeding something I should of been seeding. I dont think so though, I feel like I would be able to click on ''xx torrents require seeding'' and it would tell me what needs to require seeding. I appreciate the help btw guys.

Also, I can not contact the IPT staff, because every link just redirects me to the IPT homepage, unless there is a clever way I can through this website.

EDIT UPDATE::

I'm not sure what happened. I came home today, tried to log into IPT. Everything was exactly the same as it was last night. I went to this thread to see if anybody had any solutions. I went back to IPT. I clicked on the green logout button next to my name, and logged back in, and everything started working. To be fair, I cleared my cookie and cache history, which I feel like is the same thing, but I guess it isnt!?!? I'm a little confused why everything is working, but I thought I would post my fix, in case someone else has the same problem as me.
              Last edited by minipip; December 5, 2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

You'll need to zap those torrents or re-download them before you get a real HNR warning.

Comment

As a last otion,you can contact them at their irc channel and explain your problem to them.
                  Be completely honest with them and everything might get back to normal

The IP Torrents IRC allows you to chat in real time with other members of the site.

To use it go to IPTorrents IRC
                  Step 1. Click on the link above and then click on "press to connect" or smth. like that.
                  Step 2. Go to Server and type /nick username (use the username you have on IPT)
                  Step 3. Go to Server and type /msg nickserv register password email.

Password = Different from IPT password
                  email = your email address, nobody will see it

Step 4. Go to server and type /identify password

Password = the password you used to register

Step 5. Join the main channel: /j #iptorrents
                  Or use the "Helpdesk(if it is working for you)"

oops,sorry didn't read that your problem is solved.

Comment

Working...
                  X