X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated server RAID Change

Hi,

I got one dedicated server with 2 TB HDD. But as of now its on RAID 1 and to change it to RAID 0 support team asked me to access IDRAC and change the RAID. I have never used IDRAC and have no idea where to change the RAID after logging in to the console. I would be thankful if some one can help me in changing the RAID and then installing ubuntu on it.

Regards,

IDRAC should have a remote screen or KVM for you to load the OS in recovery mode. Once you are in recovery mode, you will need to disassemble the raid drives and then reassemble them as RAID 0.

I suggest looking at some guides online and searching more about mdadm. Imo, it's a llittle complex to write out every detail on a forum.

HOWTO: Linux Software Raid using mdadm

Comment

Originally posted by Seeyabye View Post
      IDRAC should have a remote screen or KVM for you to load the OS in recovery mode. Once you are in recovery mode, you will need to disassemble the raid drives and then reassemble them as RAID 0.

I suggest looking at some guides online and searching more about mdadm. Imo, it's a llittle complex to write out every detail on a forum.

HOWTO: Linux Software Raid using mdadm
      Its KVM . Can you help me over team viewer please?

Comment

Working...
      X