Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create torrent from torrent file

Hello
    I'm wondering if its possible to make a torrent from a .torrent file. Basicallyl I dont have the actual content, the movie, but can i make a new torrent file from a .torrent file downloaded from piratebay(e.g.)?
    Thanks
    L.E.: The new torrent will be shared on a public tracker.

u can associate any content with a torrent file..so yes even .torrent files
    How to become a Power User on specific trackers

Comment

Lets say there is a new torrent file(new.torrent) and a piratebay file(pirate.torrent).
      When people download the new.torrent, i want them to download the content that is in pirate.torrent.
      So if pirate.torrent file has a movie, i want them to have the specific movie after they download "new.torrent".
      Basically just want to share/seed "pirate.torrent" on another public tracker without having to host the actual movie which is in the "pirate.torrent" :D
      Dont know if that makes any sense lol :D

Comment

Yes this is possible.

Just create the torrent of the contents and go from there.

Comment

You will need to use a torrent client to create a new .torrent file. Here's a link to a tutorial i made that will show you how to do it, the entire video won't apply to you unless your using OSX so just start the video at the 4 minute mark and it will show you how to create a .torrent file using vuze.

Link: http://www.torrent-invites.com/bitto...tain-lion.html

Comment

Thanks but in your video you still had to have the archive and files on your hdd.
            What im trying to say is to make a torrent off of another torrent's content, without actually hosting the content on my hdd xD

Comment

Originally posted by MrSwizZz View Post
              without actually hosting the content on my hdd xD
              ?! where do u wanne host it?
              How to become a Power User on specific trackers

Comment

Thanks but in your video you still had to have the archive and files on your hdd.
                What im trying to say is to make a torrent off of another torrent's content, without actually hosting the content on my hdd xD
                So you want to create a new torrent without having to have that torrents content?

Well that'd be the ultimate ratio creator - methinks it's very unlikely.... If anyone has a way to actually do it I'd give it a go on my non core trackers.

Comment

Can you connect remotely(have ssh access) to the computer that's hosting the files that you want to use to create the .torrent file?
                  Last edited by unilx; October 15, 2013, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wundurra View Post
                    So you want to create a new torrent without having to have that torrents content?

Well that'd be the ultimate ratio creator - methinks it's very unlikely.... If anyone has a way to actually do it I'd give it a go on my non core trackers.
                    Thats the point i dont want to fill up my hdd :D
                    The thing is I want so that my torrent will have the content another torrent has. So the files from torrent1(original torrent) are hosted on a seeder computer(original creator of original torrent, and the rest of the seeders i guess, the ones who downloaded torrent1), and the new torrent(torrent2) will have the content torrent1 has but i will be the seeder and the contents will not be hosted on my computer.
                    So like somehow re-share torrent1(its contents) but making it my own torrent and adding public trackers to it without having to host the content of torrent1 on my computer.
                    Seems impossible now that i read it better lol

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

Originally posted by unilx View Post
                    Can you connect remotely(have ssh access) to the computer that's hosting the files that you want to use to create the .torrent file?
                    Nope I do not :(

Comment

What you want to achieve can't be done.

For creating a torrent file you should have the exact content what you want to share.

BTW if you are downloading the torrent from a public tracker and also uploading on a public tracker then why not just upload the original torrent file.
                      Special Thanks to ECH3LON for my Class Upgrade.

And also thanks to Fluttershy for voting me for VIP.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny047 View Post
                        What you want to achieve can't be done.

For creating a torrent file you should have the exact content what you want to share.

BTW if you are downloading the torrent from a public tracker and also uploading on a public tracker then why not just upload the original torrent file.
                        Because I need to download the files before I can seed them, so it still takes space on my hdd :(
                        Maybe make a torrent from hash or magnet link, without having downloaded the files and seed it like that? :D
                        Idk, i guess ill just have to get the files and then seed them :)
                        Thanks tough

Comment

Today OP...

Comment

You can add the torrent to your client (without downloading it)
                            then rightclick > copy Magnet URL >
                            then share that link or make a torrent from it (google) so ppl can download that torrent through DHT

remember that the torrent has to be a public torrent (DHT is enabled) otherwise no one will be able to download it

You can even add more public trackers by adding

&tr=tracker url

to the end of that link

Comment

Thats the point i dont want to fill up my hdd :D
                              The thing is I want so that my torrent will have the content another torrent has. So the files from torrent1(original torrent) are hosted on a seeder computer(original creator of original torrent, and the rest of the seeders i guess, the ones who downloaded torrent1), and the new torrent(torrent2) will have the content torrent1 has but i will be the seeder and the contents will not be hosted on my computer.
                              So like somehow re-share torrent1(its contents) but making it my own torrent and adding public trackers to it without having to host the content of torrent1 on my computer.
                              Seems impossible now that i read it better lol

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

Nope I do not :(
                              If it were easily possible we'd all have infinite ratios on trackers. and if it's possible but not widely known - my guess is nobody will tell.

Your best bet in reducing used disk space is to cross seed - worked nicely for me in the past few weeks . ie. 1 torrent - multiple trackers.

Comment

Working...
                              X