X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit Rate Vs Quality for 3D movies

Hi all,

I recently bought this TV . I want to get the best out of my TV. I have seen 3D movies in different sizes with different bit rate. I want to know, the higher the bit rate the better will be the 3D effects?

Thanks,

Originally posted by atulsian View Post
    Hi all,

I recently bought this TV . I want to get the best out of my TV. I have seen 3D movies in different sizes with different bit rate. I want to know, the higher the bit rate the better will be the 3D effects?

Thanks,

What do you mean by Quality?

if you are saying whether to go for a video of lower bit rate over a same video of higher bit rate of same size then in my opinion go for the video with higher bit-rate.

High Bit Rate = High Quality.

High Video Quality = Great 3D Effects.
    Last edited by Epicurus; October 13, 2013, 12:47 PM.
    Special Thanks to ECH3LON for my Class Upgrade.

And also thanks to Fluttershy for voting me for VIP.

Comment

As a rule of thumb bit rate does equal higher quality. But not always I have seen several examples of BluRays from different regions or re-releases (ex. Gladiator, Terminator) where a smaller bitrate was distinctly better than a higher one, this is rare. This is because BluRay's themselves are encodes from the original footage but ideally good work when transferring.

If you want the best out of your TV than your best choice is Remux (unencoded video/audio from a BluRay with extras and secondary audio removed) or complete BluRay.
      If you still choose to download 3d encodes such as SBS than yes, quality will be lower than the original. Must good internal encoders strive for 'transparency' where quality reduction is nearly imperceptible, of course this a subjective concept. Every individual has varied tolerance for quality reduction in the encoding process.

Personally, I have no interest in 3d and thus avoid it, however being a stickler for quality I generally download or make my own Remuxes of 2d BluRays.

Your TV looks pretty nice but at 42" is not particularly large in today's day and age, thus the degradation of the picture in a quality encode will be even less perceptible than for someone using a 65" screen.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Contoured View Post
        As a rule of thumb bit rate does equal higher quality. But not always I have seen several examples of BluRays from different regions or re-releases (ex. Gladiator, Terminator) where a smaller bitrate was distinctly better than a higher one, this is rare. This is because BluRay's themselves are encodes from the original footage but ideally good work when transferring.

If you want the best out of your TV than your best choice is Remux (unencoded video/audio from a BluRay with extras and secondary audio removed) or complete BluRay.
        If you still choose to download 3d encodes such as SBS than yes, quality will be lower than the original. Must good internal encoders strive for 'transparency' where quality reduction is nearly imperceptible, of course this a subjective concept. Every individual has varied tolerance for quality reduction in the encoding process.

Personally, I have no interest in 3d and thus avoid it, however being a stickler for quality I generally download or make my own Remuxes of 2d BluRays.

Your TV looks pretty nice but at 42" is not particularly large in today's day and age, thus the degradation of the picture in a quality encode will be even less perceptible than for someone using a 65" screen.

Good luck!
        How are the encodes from pixelhd for 3d? I am limited on bandwidth and Remux version will be bit difficult for me to download.

Comment

Originally posted by atulsian View Post
          How are the encodes from pixelhd for 3d? I am limited on bandwidth and Remux version will be bit difficult for me to download.
          pixelhd is home of PS3-TEAM whose encodes are quite good.

Although I am not into 3D Movies but if want quality 3D releases then join 3D Torrents.
          Last edited by Epicurus; October 14, 2013, 04:25 AM.
          Special Thanks to ECH3LON for my Class Upgrade.

And also thanks to Fluttershy for voting me for VIP.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny047 View Post
            pixelhd is home of PS3-TEAM whose encodes are quite good.

Although I am not into 3D Movies but if want quality 3D releases then join 3D Torrents.
            W
            Thanks for the suggestion. I am on hd-torrents and there remux are good and have higher bit rates.

Comment

Working...
            X