WHICH ENTRY LEVEL DSLR IS THE BEST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHICH ENTRY LEVEL DSLR IS THE BEST?

Hi friends, i need help i want to buy new camera.....since i am not a professional and my use is also less so i want to get entry level DSLR...so i am confused which is the best

so i have also shortlisted few DSLR

Nikon D3200 or D5200
    Canon 600D or 550D or even 650D

actually i am intrested in D5200, so confusion is D3200 or D5200 is good in terms of value for money

plz do suggest if there is any other DSLR also

THANKS

imo it doesn't really matter. the big thing here is if you go with canon or nikon then all the lenses and accessories you buy will probably work for other bodies from the same maker.

newer cameras are more features but in terms of shooting there's probably not going to be that much difference since these are all 'level'.
    you don't need to worry so much about the body, lenses are just as important and if you like the 5200 than get it. it does AEB and but the sensor size is the same as the 3200

most likely your goal is to take great pictures, equipment is really secondary to your skill, technique and experience. eg: give a golf pro a $100 driver or $500 driver and they'll still probably send the ball 300+yds, give a chef a $10 frying pan vs $300 frying pan what they make will still look and taste great.

Comment

Originally posted by aletta View Post
      Hi friends, i need help i want to buy new camera.....since i am not a professional and my use is also less so i want to get entry level DSLR...so i am confused which is the best

so i have also shortlisted few DSLR

Nikon D3200 or D5200
      Canon 600D or 550D or even 650D

actually i am intrested in D5200, so confusion is D3200 or D5200 is good in terms of value for money

plz do suggest if there is any other DSLR also

THANKS
      I personally use a Canon 550D with an 18-55mm lens and I am very happy with its performance and features.

However, now that the Nikon D5200 has been launched, I would strongly suggest you buy that over the 550 / 600D.
      sigpic

Comment

thanks Desilegends and NewGuy

i only want to know what is AEB?....and does it matter lot in for good quality photos

Comment

It's Automatic Exposure Bracketing, takes photos at a bunch of different exposures.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
            It's Automatic Exposure Bracketing, takes photos at a bunch of different exposures.

so does it matter a lot or is it very important?

Comment

Originally posted by aletta View Post
              so does it matter a lot or is it very important?
              This should help

Automatic Exposure Bracketing (AEB)
              Introduction to Automatic Exposure Bracketing >> GoDigitalSLR.com

Simply, if you plan to play around with various exposure levels a lot then AEB will matter. For your needs, a AEB of 2 EV is good enough in my view.
              sigpic

Comment

I would definitely go with the 5200. More focus points and higher resolution. If you're looking to shoot video, then maybe the 650 (or t4i).

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

I would definitely go with the 5200. More focus points and higher resolution. If you're looking to shoot video, then maybe the 650 (or t4i).

The other thing is if you're new to DSLRs and just want to learn, you won't go wrong buying something a couple of years old. They essentially shoot the same and the more you learn, the more you'll know what you really want. You'll save money up front and will likely be able to sell it for what you paid and then invest in the one you really want.

And with lenses, don't buy anything until you know what you're going to shoot. I made this mistake and bought a couple of telephoto lenses that I wound up never using. I learned that good, wide angle lenses were what I'd wind up needing and wanting. And I bought the Canon only to learn that I'd have been happier with the Nikon because I never used it for video and wanted the better low light capabilities that the higher end Nikon's offered. But I did learn quite a bit with the Canon. I just wish I'd have not bought a brand new one because I'm losing too much money right now converting over to Nikon. That's the other thing; with the investment you'll make in lenses, make sure you're in the right ecosystem before you start. Once you're married to Nikon, it'll be a long marriage, lol. And divorcing is very expensive.

Sorry for the long winded response.

Comment

thanks bag_or_the_bat
                  and thanks again Desilegends

Comment

For still photography, any of these DSLRs are great. If you're interested in video capability (which is what I am), then go with the Canon, they have a great new set of high speed prime lenses and you'll want your glass to be compatible with other canon cameras often used for video.

Everything already mentioned makes a lot of sense!

Comment

Originally posted by surlalune View Post
                      For still photography, any of these DSLRs are great. If you're interested in video capability (which is what I am), then go with the Canon, they have a great new set of high speed prime lenses and you'll want your glass to be compatible with other canon cameras often used for video.

Everything already mentioned makes a lot of sense!
                      Yeah I'd agree to that as well.. The Canon 550D has a pretty good video mode as well even with the default 18-55 lens.

Obviously being a DSLR, it is always images which will have a higher priority and this is what made me recommend the Nikon D5200 over the Canon 550D..
                      sigpic

Comment

I personally use the 550d with a Tamron 17-50 2.8 and Canon 70-200 2.8. The highest iso I'll shoot with is 3200 or else it gets too grainy. Some of the newer cameras are better at handling high iso if you shoot in low light and a fast lens isn't enough to freeze the action. If you want some example photos, PM me and I'll send you a link to my flickr. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHoliday View Post
                          I personally use the 550d with a Tamron 17-50 2.8 and Canon 70-200 2.8. The highest iso I'll shoot with is 3200 or else it gets too grainy. Some of the newer cameras are better at handling high iso if you shoot in low light and a fast lens isn't enough to freeze the action. If you want some example photos, PM me and I'll send you a link to my flickr. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here.
                          The Canon EF 70-200mm is one hell of a lens. I guess you must be a serious photographer to put that much money into lenses.
                          sigpic

Comment

it depends your community.
                            If people around you use canon you use cannon, if nicon you use nicon.
                            Its easy to learn photography by learning for people around you.

I use canon d650 because a lot my friends using canon. They help me a lot to understand the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Desilegends View Post
                              The Canon EF 70-200mm is one hell of a lens. I guess you must be a serious photographer to put that much money into lenses.

I'm just a serious hobbyist. I like shooting sports but the lighting was usually terrible for the lens I had at the time. Luckily, I found a decently priced 70-200 on ebay in excellent condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X